• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Danilo dos Santos de Oliveira

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Don’t know anything about him so relying on someone here to tell me.
I guess can he tackle? Came he pass progressive? And is he press resistant

He is connected to Kia Jooarabchian's network. So we should stay far away from him. But if we sign him it confirms that the Kia connection and agent driven approach didnt totally disappear when Raul left as Arseblog and others tried to claim.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Danilo and Sambi will be our depth options this season. We’ll be fully functional again once TP5 and Elneny are back again.

It’s a little tight now with United on the horizon, but we should have enough I reckon.

The real player we should be worried about is Zinchenko IMO. We can’t afford to lose him for an extended period.

Keplaz

I think Danilo or someone like him is needed to understudy Partey. Between his injuries and other issues, I don't see Partey being available a lot this season. I haven't watched Youtube but I've read a few scout reports and he seems like a modern 6. If we don't sign him, we'll be admiring him from afar when he goes elsewhere. He sounds like a super talent.

G0D

Almighty
Don't know him at all BUT if he's someone we've scouted and were considering in Jan then i'm all for it... much better bringing forward a deal for someone that interests us rather than going for a complete stop-gap panic buy.

Goonger

Heard Tim Vickery go on about this kid on Talksport a good few times after we were linked in January. Seems quite highly rated, think I mentioned him at the start of the summer and was wondering if we were still interested.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Took a look at a compilation and I'll take it with a grain of salt but if that wasn't one of the worst highlight reels I've ever seen :lol:

Hope YouTube has done him dirty, made Elneny look like prime Vieira in comparison.
If we're talking about the same one, yes I assume so. Focused on the completely wrong things for a midfielder.
Thankfully actual reports strongly suggest otherwise.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Had him down as more of an 8 than 6. Based solely on YT though.
I think he's definitely a 6. We were linked last year which is somewhat reassuring as he's been a long term target. He's an interesting prospect, supposed to be one of the best young midfielders in Brazil right now, he's fast, tough tackling with an eye for a pass.

Hard to know how he would adapt to the PL because the step up will be enormous but this is a decent link for me. @El Duderino hopefully can give some insight

Barry

Don’t know anything about him so relying on someone here to tell me.
I guess can he tackle? Came he pass progressive? And is he press resistant
I haven't watched him (apart from a few vids) but read up a bit on him when we were linked last summer and in Jan. Yes - he is supposed to be strong at all those things. Question is whether he'll be able to step up in a new league, he's young and maybe a bit raw but he's talented.

Barry

Took a look at a compilation and I'll take it with a grain of salt but if that wasn't one of the worst highlight reels I've ever seen :lol:

Hope YouTube has done him dirty, made Elneny look like prime Vieira in comparison.
There's a post from @dashsnow17 a few pages back saying the same thing :lol:

Got to say that my first impression was the same, was deeply unimpressed, looked like a fast skinny Xhaka basically. And why is the footage so grainy, don't they have digital cameras in Palmeiras?!

Had another look last night though and I'm not sure if it was a different compilation or I was just using my "desperation eyes" but thought he looked a bit more interesting. Scores an outrageous goal at one point, looked to be very influential as well and most of his passes and tackles were under quite a lot of pressure... Anyway it's YT so impossible to know really either way.

Goonger

I haven't watched him (apart from a few vids) but read up a bit on him when we were linked last summer and in Jan. Yes - he is supposed to be strong at all those things. Question is whether he'll be able to step up in a new league, he's young and maybe a bit raw but he's talented.

Yeah, I think in an ideal world he's the type of signing you make from a position of strength, integrating him into the team over 6-12 months and grooming him to take over from Partey.

Unfortunently it seems we might be a bit more desperate than that.

Barry

Yeah, I think in an ideal world he's the type of signing you make from a position of strength, integrating him into the team over 6-12 months and grooming him to take over from Partey.

Unfortunently it seems we might be a bit more desperate than that.
I would worry a bit that he's going to struggle if he's thrown right in the deep end as a starter, however good he'll ultimately be. We do still have midfield options though with some league experience so they might ease him in and use him as backup and cover. Hopefully that's the plan.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I'm not against this signing for the simple reason he is a long term target. OK it may be 6-12 months earlier than planned but I would prefer that to an impulse buy who hasn't been scouted thoroughly.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I'm not against this signing for the simple reason he is a long term target. OK it may be 6-12 months earlier than planned but I would prefer that to an impulse buy who hasn't been scouted thoroughly.

Don’t think he is the solution now, but someone for the future. He and Sambi should give us enough cover for the so called easier league games, and of course the EL and cups.

Zinny as part of our mid 2/3 is the real key to our progression right now.

TP5 and Elneny are our first teamers for this season. Hopefully they come back soon.

Wiltord's left boot

This guy has been described as the best young Midfielder in Brazil. I particular like this from Breaking The Lines. Seems he started as more of a box-to-box player and then got moved back into the DM role.​
'The youngster displayed a high level of energy covering space as the pure sitting midfielder although that wasn’t exactly his forte. At youth level Danilo was more of a box-to-box/deep lying playmaker type.
He showcased an ability to beat his man when needed, high intensity, movement and good passing. He wasn’t troubled by tight spaces or pressure as he was a good enough passer to play out of possession.
However, he also proved that he can have an effect in the defensive phase of the game as he showcased a good level of anticipation and ability to tackle/intercept the ball. As he knew this was his chance he focused on the latter and that proved a wise decision'.

ragnarock

I think he's definitely a 6. We were linked last year which is somewhat reassuring as he's been a long term target. He's an interesting prospect, supposed to be one of the best young midfielders in Brazil right now, he's fast, tough tackling with an eye for a pass.

Hard to know how he would adapt to the PL because the step up will be enormous but this is a decent link for me. @El Duderino hopefully can give some insight

Yeah I remember. Like you say; would be comforting to know it’s not just any guy we’re taking a punt on but a long time target and the situation just made us move earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I've never been a goalscorer. I've only owned goals. Good own goals.

Steve Bould
Top Bottom