Danny Welbeck: Dan's Not Hot

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Anfield 1884, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Well-Known Member

Agree with you on the fee but I did laugh because the bolded part describes Walcott on a bad day. Take heart. We may get lucky.

2. CaseUteinberger

CaseUteinberger Cazorla (not Carzola ffs)

I remember how frustrated I was when we got him in the first place. When he was shopped around late in the transfer window and I really hoped we would not pick him up and of course we did. What an absolute waste of time and money from the club and Wenger. There must be literarily hundreds of better prospects across the globe that we could have picked before him. Anyone with half a brain can see how limited he is for a top club prospect. Van Gaal must have been so happy when he could off load him to us of all places.

RacingPhoton likes this.
  3. Giroud12

Giroud12 Well-Known Member

If anyone offers us something even close to 10 mill we have to take it and run. I guess the only positive here is that hes English, and theres always someone dumb enough to go for those players, and pay over the odds.

Looking at what people like Coq and Gabriel went for, anything remotely close to that would be great. Coq could do a job at most PL teams, so a similar fee would be criminal, but then again its the whole English thing.

4. OSBK

OSBK Well-Known Member

He was a man utd player like park who couldnt it every week but in big games they performed. We saw it a few times where is one off games against better sides he performed.

Much like park he had a short shelf life and the longer we keep him the worst he will get.

5. Giroud12

I for one think Park was very underrated. Was one of Fergies trusted guys.

Ricardinho likes this.
  6. say yes

say yes Respect Me

Danny Welbeck has put in more good performances for Arsenal this season than 90% of our squad, despite missing half the year with another injury.

Also gave me one of the best days of my life:

:drool:

celestis likes this.
  7. OSBK

OSBK Well-Known Member

No doubt he was underrated as his performances in big games for utd were brilliant. However week in week out in the epl like welbeck he hardly set the world alight.

8. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

This run of games he's due to get, will be the ending of his Arsenal career. His performances will make it impossible for him to stay in the summer. He knows he'll never be CF here, and he's no winger. If he has sense, he'll demand to leave in the summer. If Wenger has any left, he'll sell him.

He's a championship player.

9. Gooner Zig

Gooner Zig AM's Resident Accountant

Walcott is 10 times the player Welbeck is.

RacingPhoton and Giroud12 like this.
  10. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Well-Known Member

Well I guess we better take £2m from the first club that makes an offer :(.

11. sil007

sil007 Member

Put him at LB/RB
    The only way to revive his career
    He has the attributes to become one BTW

12. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

Best presser at the club. Put him behind Jack & Ramsey.

13. HBL

HBL Well-Known Member

As limited as he is technically, I’d probably rather see him than Iwobi.

14. Giroud12

Cant really be mad anymore. At the end of the day its not his fault he is a professional footballer, I mean who wouldnt jump on an offer from Arsenal. In reality though, he looks like a random guy who found a "play with Arsenal for a day" prize in a box of cereal.

Gooner1988TK likes this.
  15. THunter

THunter Are you not entertained? Trusted

He's a rubbish, rubbish player. Just cringed watching the guy last night, he's so far from the required quality it hurts.

If he gets a new deal I'll be pissed off.

Impact, kraphtous and Giroud12 like this.
  16. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Welbeck as a player in one GIF:

DasBootist likes this.
  17. Brown Gooner

Brown Gooner DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH

He has almost reached Walcott level disdain in my eyes. Can’t finish and Can’t hold up play. His abilities as a CF have regressed.

I would give him one final chance (18-19) under a new manager to prove himself. If he still doesn’t make it then that’s that.

18. Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Dennis_Bergkamp_10 Well-Known Member

Haha missed that one. ****ing classic.

19. RacingPhoton

RacingPhoton Well-Known Member

Almost reached walcott level? He was never above walcott level. The only thing going for him was work rate. Even that has gone down after injuries. Can't keep players who totally miss the ball when trying to shoot on a consistent basis. He is an absolute joke of a signing. He should be the first one to leave this summer.

thierrytheking14 likes this.
  20. thierrytheking14

thierrytheking14 Well-Known Member

Jesus Christmas...

He's lost one of the few attributes he had - pace. Proper plodder now.

Malky and RacingPhoton like this.