• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Danny Welbeck: Dan Out Ere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giroud12

Really dont understand the praise some are giving him. Feels like playing with 10 men. Sure, he runs around a bit but thats is not "having a good game" at this level. Missed a sitter as well.

In Welbeckian terms I guess he was not too bad, but in normal footballing terms it was still a poor performance. Should have gone with Eddie.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Considering he's a third choice striker don't think we could've asked for much better.

Wish he'd pick up the ball and drive like this more often. Amazing ball at the end to finish it off, if a one of our midfielders plays that we're drooling.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Really dont understand the praise some are giving him. Feels like playing with 10 men. Sure, he runs around a bit but thats is not "having a good game" at this level. Missed a sitter as well.

In Welbeckian terms I guess he was not too bad, but in normal footballing terms it was still a poor performance. Should have gone with Eddie.

Totally unfair. He had a very good game, perhaps one of his best games for AFC. He was running the channels, holding the ball well, creating chances and causing havoc. I hope he can build on that performance.

Giroud12

Totally unfair. He had a very good game, perhaps one of his best games for AFC. He was running the channels, holding the ball well, creating chances and causing havoc. I hope he can build on that performance.

I guess we just have to disagree there mate do you think he was good because it's welbeck, or would you be happy if auba had a similar game also?

What I find unfair is the amount of criticism say xhaka gets compared to welbeck. Xhaka is looking bad because we lack tactics and have a useless manager, but he has shown his quality in bundesliga. When welbeck miss sitters, falls over and has a horrible first touch, it's hard to blame anyone but him. But this might be me being too harsh on him, the 3-4 goals he should have had at stoke still haunts me.

carlito'sway

Established Member
I guess we just have to disagree there mate do you think he was good because it's welbeck, or would you be happy if auba had a similar game also?

What I find unfair is the amount of criticism say xhaka gets compared to welbeck. Xhaka is looking bad because we lack tactics and have a useless manager, but he has shown his quality in bundesliga. When welbeck miss sitters, falls over and has a horrible first touch, it's hard to blame anyone but him. But this might be me being too harsh on him, the 3-4 goals he should have had at stoke still haunts me.

I think he had a solid game as a CF. You may still be haunted by those misses you mentioned above hence your harsh judgment.... ;)

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Considering he's a third choice striker don't think we could've asked for much better.

Wish he'd pick up the ball and drive like this more often. Amazing ball at the end to finish it off, if a one of our midfielders plays that we're drooling.

Xhaka can have 1,374,873 touches a game and not play or see a pass like that :lol:

Giroud12

I think he had a solid game as a CF. You may still be haunted by those misses you mentioned above hence your harsh judgment.... ;)

May be. It just baffles me that he's a professional footballer with hundred plus games for top teams in the world. It least sanogo had the age on his side.

Oh well at least we can all be happy the fact that we have two top level strikers and that welbeck won't be playing much under the new manager.

Malky

Established Member
The best defensive striker there is. Problem is he's usually the oppositions best defender as well. Awful display as a striker as per, but his energy allows him to get around the pitch, and sometimes it works out as long as someone else does the scoring.
Shows how bad he is that people are calling it a ' good ' performance because he played with energy and put in a defensive shift.
We'll just ignore that he's an awful CF because he can't score a ****ing goal to save his life! We could play just about anyone in the CF position and they'd offer the same as what Welbeck does - very little! **** it, pay me half of what Welbeck gets paid a week and I'll run myself into the ground for 90mins and put in some defensive work and I'll do all that while laughing my bollocks off that people will call it a good performance from a CF.
Can't get rid of this donkey quick enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom