• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Danny Welbeck (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Benteke went for 32.5m, Welbeck would cost at least that price due to his nationality.

Don't think so, Welbeck doesn't have the scoring record to match Benteke, yet. Benteke hitting 1 in 2 type stats I think.

I would say Welbeck is worth 15-18M, a good goal scoring season, 15+ probably takes him to 25M.

Plutarch

Is it really worth starting a thread for a ridiculous rumour about Welbeck going to a Turkish team? There is no possibility of it happening.

Twiiggy

I'd be for a loan move for Welbeck to go Turkey, might do him some good going to a league were he could probably dominate 3/4 of the teams in the league. He's almost played 150 Premier League matches and I know there have been a mixture of games upfront, on the left and sub appearances but I just can't see him improving much in his current situation.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I'd be for a loan move for Welbeck to go Turkey, might do him some good going to a league were he could probably dominate 3/4 of the teams in the league. He's almost played 150 Premier League matches and I know there have been a mixture of games upfront, on the left and sub appearances but I just can't see him improving much in his current situation.

He improves under Wenger, he'll also play wide and CF, Wenger trusts and likes him I feel.

Whether he'll ever be a top player, goal scoring CF etc, is another matter.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Danny has always divided opinion. I have always been a fan, hyped him up when he was at Utd etc.

His finishing is more shocking than I thought though.

Reactions: A_G

Twiiggy

He improves under Wenger, he'll also play wide and CF, Wenger trusts and likes him I feel.

Whether he'll ever be a top player, goal scoring CF etc, is another matter.

I agree, he can improve perhaps as a winger but isn't that one of the main reasons he left United in the first place, because he was being played out of position on the wing. If we were to bring in a top CF it will really limit his chances of breaking through as a CF at Arsenal. Thats why I feel send him off someone on loan where he will be playing CF week in week out see how he improves, if he does, bring him back and ship of Giroud. I just can't see him being the greatest wide player especially with the options we have.

davidsukker

I dont know why Welbeck is not in the same category as Flamini. The guy has done nothing since he got here and he costed us 16m pounds. Flamini was at least on free. This guy is like a Dirk kuyt lite ffs. Get this clown out!

goonerwarsh

Established Member
Really harsh on Lukaku. The kid is 22 years old and has a goalscoring record of about 1 in 2 games in the PL over 100 games. He's fast, can dribble can shoot and is very powerful. He had an average season but you cant write him off for that. I think he has a higher ceiling than Drogba and is potentially a worldclass player. Would take him at Arsenal anytime.

If we went by everyone's logic on here. Drogba in his first few months at Chelsea and Henry's first six months at Arsenal, those would be average players with poor touch and s**te finishing. Sometimes it takes a while for these players to fully blossom and get their game together.

With regard to Welbeck, I think there's a good player in there to come out. He's had bad luck with injuries and that hasn't helped his transition into the team. He might not ever be a world beater but he's a good player to have around and like has been said he has good physical attributes which may well come in useful throughout a season. Let's not throw all our players under the bus.

GideonSmythe

If we went by everyone's logic on here. Drogba in his first few months at Chelsea and Henry's first six months at Arsenal, those would be average players with poor touch and s**te finishing. Sometimes it takes a while for these players to fully blossom and get their game together.

With regard to Welbeck, I think there's a good player in there to come out. He's had bad luck with injuries and that hasn't helped his transition into the team. He might not ever be a world beater but he's a good player to have around and like has been said he has good physical attributes which may well come in useful throughout a season. Let's not throw all our players under the bus.

Totally agree. We need squad players as well as World Class ones. So many just look at the starting XI on here when talking about bringing players in.

say yes

forum master baiter
I like Welbz.

Finishing is the easiest thing for a CF to improve so I really wouldn't be writing him off yet.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Media are just using his lack of presence in our pre-season due to his injury, to make up rumours.
I don't believe Wenger will sell him. Yet.

Impact

Established Member
Welbeck won't be a striker here. He'll get the Walcott treatment until he leaves. He's not better than Giroud up top, and we're trying to upgrade on Giroud. No chance for him really. He'll be our version of Kuyt, Milner, Park, Willian etc on the flanks. Good for team balance, does his job and is effective. But ultimately, an easily replaceable player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom