• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Danny Welbeck: Dan Out Ere

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Thought he was good yesterday, his workrate was off the charts. He is not the answer but we play a heck of a lot better with him instead of giroud

Well that's the real problem isn't it. We shouldn't have to be choosing between those two to begin with. Welbz is more versatile and mobile than Giroud but Giroud scores goals, Welbeck doesn't. We should be able to find a player who is a combination of the two. But we don't even seem to be trying to do that. Wenger actually thinks we can win with these striker options and that's just incredibly sad

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

When are we going to bin this guy? That fluffed chance was like the third time he's missed the impossible only for his blushes to be saved by another player, this time Hector. He's just an awful footballer.

mm76again...

When are we going to bin this guy? That fluffed chance was like the third time he's missed the impossible only for his blushes to be saved by another player, this time Hector. He's just an awful footballer.

that's a bit of a sweeping statement - some of his football is good and i would still have him on the pitch ahead of Giroud (though as @OSBK says that's not much of a choice) because he gives defenders more to think about

but in the box, you're right i'm afraid - he just can't sort himself out in front of goal at all

it's funny, he's still very popular among the fans though

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

His job is to score goals - he's utterly woeful at it. If we're going to play him as a CF then we're doomed. He's useful in some games as a wide player but that's it. Painfully average.

Goon-Ger

He's a trier and has a good engine on him but his lack of composure is frightening, like as in i had a dream he was in one on one with the GK and i woke up in a cold sweat and had to keep the light on for the rest of the night, that sort of frightening.

OSBK

Established Member
Well that's the real problem isn't it. We shouldn't have to be choosing between those two to begin with. Welbz is more versatile and mobile than Giroud but Giroud scores goals, Welbeck doesn't. We should be able to find a player who is a combination of the two. But we don't even seem to be trying to do that. Wenger actually thinks we can win with these striker options and that's just incredibly sad

I would love to get rid of both and get a striker who can affect any game and score goals. The reality is what you said, wenger thinks those 2 are in the bracket of kane/argueo.

Out of the 2 I would play welbz, if we aint gonna win the league then I at a minimum want good football to watch. Welbz showed yesterday his workrate and running gives sanchez and Özil the freedom to just play football. With giroud up front, those guys always seem to be on the back foot.

karl

He's a trier and has a good engine on him but his lack of composure is frightening, like as in i had a dream he was in one on one with the GK and i woke up in a cold sweat and had to keep the light on for the rest of the night, that sort of frightening.
You can't fault his effort, but the goals have never really been there for Danny. These days the whole of the front three need to weigh in with something and I don't see a place for him if we ever get a decent centre forward.

It is painful to see how few chances Lucas got this season when we were desperate. Maybe another chapter for the Wenger book!

Marmaduke

Two or Three of Danny, Joel, Walcott, Lucas, should be sold.

I would ideally opt to keep Welbeck, Campbell, Ox, Iwobi, and bring in a top winger..... Thats great depth any way you look at it.

I appreciate Walcott's return, but maybe I'm just too biased that his play is so sporadic and hard on the eye...

mm76again...

It is painful to see how few chances Lucas got this season when we were desperate.

Lucas is a massive 'what might have been' for me - if he'd got regular games we'd be in CL no question IMO - ok we want to be 1st but i'm just talking about the specific context of this season and if everything else stayed the same

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
To think there are people on this board who accuse others of not seeing or appreciating the wonderful things Özil does... but will defend the blatant smack-you-in-the-face crapness of Welbeck. :lol:

To think there are people on this board who accuse others of not seeing or appreciating the wonderful things Özil does... but will defend the blatant smack-you-in-the-face crapness of Welbeck. :lol:

You are my top3 favorite poster. But I have to ask you. How long did it last "staying out of players threads" for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta

Latest posts

Top Bottom