• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Danny Welbeck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
United fans are more upset due to the balance of the squad and sentimentality rather than because Welbeck is top quality. It makes sense because they have 3 strikers nearing 30 or above, all on massive wages, while they lose a young, homegrown local lad who would do a job for them. They're not saying Welbeck is Falcao level.

I'm somewhat happy with this signing. He's young, homegrown, and a player who is pacy and has decent potential.

CONFIRMED.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Official!! Yay!

Here's my celebration gif, it's been a class day on here. Some great banter, cheers everyone!

Crooner

Good luck Welbeck

half-full.gif

akhil

This was an interesting day. This entire transfer window has been dominated by muppet style dealings by Manure. There is a pretty decent recipe for pretty good cluster **** at United with that PE teacher in charge.

We've done some decent business, Welbeck is a bit underwhelming but it's not a bad signing by any stretch of the imagination. He'll get his chance here and its upto him to kick on. There's a **** load better creative players here than that United side he played in for the last couple of years.

Lack of a DM and CB is the most disappointing aspect of the whole thing. We're going to see Isaac Hayden at some point this season. Hopefully, its minimal appearances in the league for him. The kid is talented but ideally he should be 4th choice after a loan spell. He's a very good DM and has played CB quite a bit as well.

Surprised we haven't seen a few loans for the senior youth players yet.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

blaze_of_glory said:
Yeah they all seem to think he's about to explode. Kind of raising my hopes about this.

Honestly I have ALWAYS rated Wellbeck . He is a very sharp goal scorer which is what we need .

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Welcome Danny boy. This transfer has divided Gooner nation but he's going to provide a threat in behind opposition defences with his pace, something which neither Giroud & to a lesser extent Sanogo offer. He's now an Arsenal player and I hope he can hit the ground running.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
yousif_arsenal said:
DJ_Markstar said:
Just so no one is under any illusions as to how I am feeling at the moment, this is me:

giphy.gif

Anyway, good night. When I wake up in the morning, I will wake to find that this was all a bad dream and that we really signed Cavani and Balotelli.

Feel for you bro :mrgreen: the only thing will make you feel better is Welbeck prove us wrong.

I've already decided to forget what I actually think about him. He is the greatest striker in the PL and definitely better than Falcao, Aguero and Sturridge put together.

From now on, he is Danny Welbergkamp.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Welbeck is the missing link lol I am sure he will repay our faith in him, welcome to the club son.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Gotta say it's incredible how many people on here have changed their mind on him, going from "He's ****ing awful" to "He could end up being our Sturridge!" :lol: There was even one saying they'd stop supporting Arsenal if the Welbeck deal was true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season

Latest posts

Top Bottom