• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Darren Bent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alfonso

Established Member
We could be going in for him in Jan-

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.addickted.net/newsitem.php?id=194" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.addickted.net/newsitem.php?id=194</a>

Clarkey

If it was to be a player swap plus cash/straight swap deal as that article suggest towards the end, who do people think we would send Charlton's way? I was trying to ponder myself but the only possibility I could think of was Ali.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
noway they would want Ali, I don't think we have a presssing need for a striker anyway

RC8

Established Member
I heard an interview with Bent where he is asked about his favourite players, etc. He said his all time favourite was Wright, who he watched almost weekly at Highbury during his childhood. Then he said his current favourite was Thierry Henry, with whom he would love to join forces with at the club 'he supports'.

dos1986

Established Member
Wouldnt mind him here at all he's quality young,fast,strong,good in the air he's better than Ade imo I doubt its going to happen though but 9mil and a reserve player is a goodish deal

If we sell bendtner in Jan it could happen I would rather Bent anyday than Bendtner

sabret00the

Established Member
I think he's a fantastic talent. the funny thing is, if he signed for us, he'd become and immediate starter for England. but it would ultimately spell the end for one of our strikers. the question is who?

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Bent's really impressed me over the last season and a bit. I think he would fit in at Arsenal. Funny how we're being linked with lot of English players at the moment.

Artillero

He is one of the few English players I would like Arsenal to sign. Only problem I could see is Robin, Ade and Bent are all within a year of each other and will be hard for all 3 to make it.

kel varnsen

Established Member
meh, decent player, but far from what you'd expect to be 'arsenal quality'. he's more of a newcastle, Sp**s or everton player...

Gurgen

Established Member
Arsenal_FAN1983 said:
This could be a possibility given the Uefa rules will come in effect soon.

I'd like to remind you that he only counts as 'trained in England'. Don't you play FM?

We will meet that quota, comfortably, with or without Bent.

number_0

Established Member
nice player, isee him doing better coming off the bench rather than starting, we can start henry robin or ade and bring on theo and bent in the last 20 minutes 8)

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
bent would be a decent signing. and another finisher to our ranks. but imo, hes too costly for that price

Lukazan

Established Member
Seems abit of a hot and cold player to me. Yes I know we have a few of those at Arsenal but that doesn't mean we should add more.

When he is scoring goals, cool, but when he isn't? I don't think he has enough about him to offer Arsenal what we need when he isn't scoring goals.

N!

LuKaZaN said:
Seems abit of a hot and cold player to me. Yes I know we have a few of those at Arsenal but that doesn't mean we should add more.

When he is scoring goals, cool, but when he isn't? I don't think he has enough about him to offer Arsenal what we need when he isn't scoring goals.

i imagine Wenger sees Bent as the guy to finish off all of those wasted crosses, finishes, etc. that we have been suffering with since the start of the season.

EDIT: So then he should and hopefully will be scoring plenty of goals.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Gurgen said:
Arsenal_FAN1983 said:
This could be a possibility given the Uefa rules will come in effect soon.

I'd like to remind you that he only counts as 'trained in England'. Don't you play FM?

We will meet that quota, comfortably, with or without Bent.

We are more than comfortable we have tons of plaeyrs both trained in arsenal and in England, and most often they meet both criterias

But one reason to why I don't want Bent is: I consider him to be a solid paleyr and a good prospect but he will never be worldclass, I rather see us take a chance to sign a talkent that could be worldclass,

Like I would rahter see us burn up than to fade away

phil15

Wouldn't touch him with the proverbial barge pole for even half the price this is being quoted, £15m, rumour or not :shock:

£15m :shock: if you break it down and seee what he would offer us, his strength is running onto balls hoisted over the top

But can hold the ball up no, is he good with us back to goal no, is he good in linking up the play no, can he dominate cb's in the air no (although he's a good header of the ball).

Ade gets slagged by fans for not being good enough but he offers us some of the above and thus gives us another different option.

How effective would Bent be in trying to break down congested defences, 10 men behind the ball?

Its alot of money for someone who wouldn't offer us something radically different and tbh shouldn't we be looking for a bigger name. But then again according to Wenger, Alex Song is an "exceptional talent", so anything is possible...

longrufus

Established Member
Bent is a player who has impressed me quite a bit to be honest, good finisher, strong in the area, hard working. He is only 22 so he has plenty of time to develop.
Would definatly score goals if he came here, but my only thought is it a likely signing. We has Ade (has his critics yes, but Wenger likes him), and with Bendtner looking better every day and a real prospect for the coming few years do i really see a place for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom