• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Darren Bent

Status
Not open for further replies.

I love Pascal Cygan.

Grampus_Eight said:
Why isn't going to be announced until July?

What are they going to do with Defoe?

Transfer window doesn't open until 1st July.

Apparently Defoe's holding out for one of Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool or Man Utd to come in for him but that's not going to happen. West Ham made a bid for him but he doesn't want to return.

I've read the fee for Bent is £12m + Gardner and Routledge will be moving to Charlton on loan for the season.

go49oner

Established Member
KingReyes said:
10 million for Quagliarella or 17 million for Bent.

:lol:

And then they have the nerve to question Wenger when he doesn't buy british.

Even funnier Barcelona wanna get Henry for £12mil :D

Glovegun

Established Member
The Henry prices mentioned are insulting. Lets make em pay through the eyeballs if they want him. Stupid b******s.

the dawn raids

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
to make angles for passes from midfield and offer penetration whilst also giving the option for the longer ball.

sure, but who have we got that can exploit the lanes from the angles ade takes and actually put the ball in the back of the net? despite the obvious two, who cant stay healthy for the life of them, our options become limited to say the least. especially as inept our midfield tally was last year; surely itll go up, but will it go up enough?

i think its more likely than not that bent would thrive here, but personally i think weve been priced out of any move long ago.

Glovegun

Established Member
Wenger's record on expensive signings isnt brilliant. Henry is the only expensive success I can recollect off the top of my head, Reyes, Hleb, Jeffers and van Bronckhorst were all flops IMO. Wiltord was decent but not great for £13m.

Grampus_Eight

Sp**s should have some goals in them. berbatov, bent and keane (defoe should be on his way out) will most likely outscore van persie, adebayor and bendtner/walcott.

they scored 6 fewer than us last season.

good thing they still have a **** goal keeper, lack of central midfield play-maker and a left sided midfielder for starters.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
they beat our record fee but hey, 16.5 million on bent is a waste...defore for tem was a good buy for 7 million, i just dont see nothing different between bent and defoe but just about 9 million
rip off in all honesty

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
thegame24 said:
Hope they dont get sniejder

so what if they do, were a far superior side regarding teamwork ability...their midfield is worse than villas,evertons,newcastles, boltons,blackburns...all teams in the 2nd tier

qs

Established Member
Have to laugh at Sp*rs, if Bent scores 20 goals he'll be deemed a massive success but sure Berbs, Defoe and Keane all scored 20 last season. What a waste of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil
Top Bottom