• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Darren Bent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grampus_Eight

Widely reported that we won't be taking Bent on loan. I still can't understand why anyone thought we would.

His transfer fee did not drop to £13-15m like I thought it would though.

Instead, the deal being reported is £16m plus Hayden Mullins.

West Ham have reportedly upped their wage offer from £60k per week to £75,000 a week. Sp**s were reported to have offered £35k per week.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Sto ... 19,00.html

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002 ... 62,00.html

If Arsenal are interested in players like Bent, Andy Johnson and Dean Ashton we may need to gamble and pick them up when they're in the championship.

Glovegun

Established Member
Grampus_Eight said:
Widely reported that we won't be taking Bent on loan. I still can't understand why anyone thought we would.

His transfer fee did not drop to £13-15m like I thought it would though.

Instead, the deal being reported is £16m plus Hayden Mullins.

West Ham have reportedly upped their wage offer from £60k per week to £75,000 a week. Sp**s were reported to have offered £35k per week.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Sto ... 19,00.html

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002 ... 62,00.html

If Arsenal are interested in players like Bent, Andy Johnson and Dean Ashton we may need to gamble and pick them up when they're in the championship.

Ashton, Johnson and Bent are players I think could all have done well at Arsenal. When they're in the lower leagues we snub them, but then they get a move to a small club, then a middle sized club, then a big club. Bent won't stay for long at West Ham or Sp**s, he'll end up at Anfield or Old Trafford eventually. Im not going to go into great depths, but we have missed out on a lot of good English talent from the lower leagues that wasnt hideously overpriced. Part of the reason I wanted West Ham to go down (apart from generally despising them) was so as to see if we'd make a bid for Ashton. Wenger was linked with him when he was at Crewe, it would be interesting to see if he revives his interest.

NORTHLONDONGOONER!

The same here Glovegun. There has been many times we could have got class players now on the cheap. We could have picked up all the West ham lot for not a lot, like Carrick, Defoe and Cole and so on. To be honest I don't think Wenger pays much attention to young english players at lower levels, he is more interested in finding 16 year olds in spain and france. Look at Giles Barnes now, we could get him for about 4-6 milion. To be thats now a lot of money considering the club generates much more than that, every month.

dos1986

Established Member
Bent is NOT going to Liverpool........Charlton have two bids from two London sides. Work them out for yourself :wink:

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Bent will reportedly receive as much as £75,000 per week if he moves to Upton Park, and in the past six months West Ham have also opened the chequebook to lure players such as Scott Parker and Lucas Neill to East London.

Such is West Ham's new-found muscle in the transfer market, Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp recently lamented: "Craig Bellamy would do for us. But West Ham want him and would double his wages to £100,000 a week. How do you compete with that?"

However, Magnusson has hit out at media reports which have suggested West Ham's spending is out of control.

"On a personal level I am, at times, frustrated by some of the stories which appear in the media suggesting certain salary levels for our players - many of which are simply factually wrong," Magnusson added.

"It is not right to comment on every story or to use confidential information in public but I can say the truth is often different to the reports.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hli ... &channel=&

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
£75,000 for Bent if he's in Upton Park?! Wow that's big. This is the second biggest surprise I have on average England players. The biggest one is Dyer's £80k p/w. What a joke.

Grampus_Eight

I love Pascal Cygan. said:
He's signed for Sp**s.

It'll be announced on either the 1st or 2nd July.

Damn shame.

Why isn't going to be announced until July?

What are they going to do with Defoe?

KingReyes

Established Member
10 million for Quagliarella or 17 million for Bent.

:lol:

And then they have the nerve to question Wenger when he doesn't buy british.

Gurgen

Established Member
Bent for me is a carbon copy of Defoe. Another pointless and stupid Sp**s signing. Excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

What does Arsenal mean? It means class. The structure of the Club, everything has a classy feel about it. It isn't always about success, there is more than that and this is what makes it a cut above the rest.

Charlie Nicholas
Top Bottom