• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Luiz: Calamity Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Let’s keep talking about off the field stuff because on the field, where it matters, he was absolutely terrible for 90% +, of last season.
Actually if you remove agenda, he was good under Arteta. Our entire defence was poor under Emery last season and Luiz was no different. But there was 0 organisation and Luiz isn't exactly the best in those scenarios.

With Arteta playing a very solid and defensive system so far, Luiz has been our best defender. If you ignore that horrendous City game I mean. He had some good games for us in that time. Not saying I rate him highly or anything, but just pointing out he could have been much worse. The problem with Luiz is he will make more mistakes in a 4 at the back. And thats a system we are hopefully moving to (eventually).

Ac3knight

Just a thought - one of the reasons why our midfield played well vs. Man Utd was because Luiz was out.

Whenever he is in possession of the ball and under no pressure, he tends to either - (i) slowly stroll forward with the ball looking for a pass (this is counterintuitive for our midifeld play as it then compresses/reduces space in the midfield for all team mates infront of him); or (ii) just plays a long ball forward which completely bypasses midfield.

In both of the above, little play is being driven by our midfielders (or they have even less space to create anything). Versus Man Utd, the team on field did less of the above and for once tried to build play properly through midfield.

In the last game vs. Leicester, if you recall, Partey did little due to play going past him (rather than through him) most of the time. Both Luiz and Xhaka were just looking to either play it back or play it long all the time.

Never disliked transfer as nuch as this. Not only is he terrible but also cost us 24 M last year and probably same amount this season.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
I think we saw the difference between Holding and Luiz at RCB. With Holding, the entire back four pushed up and we could keep United under enormous pressure. Luiz has a tendency to drop further and further when he's under pressure, because he knows he doesn't have the pace to recover.

I guess the question is, does the benefits of having a good ball playing CB outweigh how much weaker our press is?

Kav

Established Member
Luiz was good again today. Slowly becoming our very own Beckenbaur in terms of playmaker at the back. He’s a good distributor. He will do well with Gabriel and holding on either side of him or later Saliba.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
He's still a fraud and a liability but his passing is insane

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I think Partey and Luiz as a two would be a proper old school pairing, and the nearest we’ve come since to Vieira-Petit, stylistically. You’d have Luiz operating in the middle zones like Petit, while Partey takes the all action Vieira role. Almost 8 o’clock in the morning and it’s semi lob-on inspiring stuff tbh.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I’m not tryna see Luiz in midfield at all. It’s been tried many times at Chelsea and wherever and it’s never worked.

Nowadays with so much emphasis on playing out from the back with being a genuine defender being an after thought, he’s kinda fine where he is you just kinda have to shut you eyes whilst we get attacked and hope for the best.

He’s kinda lucked out that his natural skillset has fallen into place in the current state of football. I personally don’t mind him.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Can someone please tell me why Luiz is on free kicks? He has 0 technical ability at striking a free kick. It's always over for a clearance. Unless hes banging them in in training Arteta should be saying no. Your taking no more. It's literally a waste of a free kick everytime.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Can someone please tell me why Luiz is on free kicks? He has 0 technical ability at striking a free kick. It's always over for a clearance. Unless hes banging them in in training Arteta should be saying no. Your taking no more. It's literally a waste of a free kick everytime.

This annoys me so much, makes no sense at all..

We are suffering because he had a lucky hit years ago ffs..

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
This annoys me so much, makes no sense at all..

We are suffering because he had a lucky hit years ago ffs..

100% I dont even remember him scoring or being great at chelsea. Maybe he had one or two over 4-5 years but every time he steps up you can bet your house it's going over. If I was manager I would be going mad.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
He's a warrior for staying on after that head collision. I hope he gets better

Awk wise up. He got a get whack and hes going home to his £2m house in his Ferrari for the trouble. Il take them hits too for 120k a week.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
How did he get a start today? Thought we've had a good pair of CB's with Gabriel and Holdini

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He scored the one vs Colombia that one time. I think he's been living off that for too long tho.

It's like that time Ronaldo went ages without scoring a free-kick for Real but because of scored a few stunning free-kicks he felt entitled to keep taking them.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
He scored the one vs Colombia that one time. I think he's been living off that for too long tho.

It's like that time Ronaldo went ages without scoring a free-kick for Real but because of scored a few stunning free-kicks he felt entitled to keep taking them.

Ronaldo is Ronaldo though. Hes the boss of whatever team hes in. Luiz is stinking. Weak management. If I was Auba I'd be saying I'm taking it. But hes weak too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom