• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Luiz: Calamity Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pop Tart

Established Member
He was immense the other day, he can defend and command a game in general. Great passer as well but he is a a ticking time bomb. Idk about keeping him for another year. He be Good back up and I think they are thinking about a coaching role.as well. I would like to see how he ends the season.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Luiz - outsmuscled and again guilty of giving an opponent too much space when they run at him and he fails to close them down and they punish us and get a goal.

Why is he playing ahead of Holding? Holding played every minute of the 8 games in the league that we have managed to keep a clean sheet, we havent kept a clean sheet in the league without him.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Poor for Olympiacos first chance but stood tall in the wall and took one on the face. A bit dodgy at times but otherwise, just about all right.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
On the whole he had an ok game but jesus christ his selection is such hit or miss, in the summer he needs to go, the amount of opportunity he gives the opposition is unreal, the club wont move forward whilst hes here as there is always the unease he brings to the pitch.

hyruga2

Leave Theo alone!!!
This is the second glaring mistake by Luiz in the second match. Luiz just keep retreat and retreat until the opponent is given a free chance to pass or shoot.

He also retreated against Olympiakos and caused the goal.

It's David Luiz for the third goal as well!

Last edited:

Iceman10

Established Member
For the first time I think Luiz was showing his age a bit in this one (WHU). We don’t often think about CB’s being overplayed, but I do think Arteta should start considering it as a possible issue with Luiz, who needs to make way a bit more for the other CB’s we have anyway. Two matches in a week at most, not three.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Nothing angers me more watching us than this lemon thinking he’s Xabi Alonso late on in games. One or two attacks left and this mug always tries a killer pass/cross/shot. When do you see Dias/Stones/Laporte doing that on the odd chance City are chasing a game? Not sure why Arteta allows it.
Piss me off always slow down and make wrong decisions that's and the free kicks

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
We criticise Gabriel but he needs to engage early and not back off. Dragged out of position for the first goal, he is so erratic that he mustn't be extended after this season. He's a tryer but we need better.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Nothing angers me more watching us than this lemon thinking he’s Xabi Alonso late on in games. One or two attacks left and this mug always tries a killer pass/cross/shot. When do you see Dias/Stones/Laporte doing that on the odd chance City are chasing a game? Not sure why Arteta allows it.
Yeah, the success rate of his Hollywood passing is about 2%

Pop Tart

Established Member
Think he should of done better with the player who crossed the opening goal. Did not close him down. Had a decent season though

hyruga2

Leave Theo alone!!!
Luiz - outsmuscled and again guilty of giving an opponent too much space when they run at him and he fails to close them down and they punish us and get a goal.

Why is he playing ahead of Holding? Holding played every minute of the 8 games in the league that we have managed to keep a clean sheet, we havent kept a clean sheet in the league without him.
Well said. Holding can hold many clean sheets.

Gabriel is good too. Why is Luiz playing again and again?

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

A total mystery to me too. Gabriel and Holding are a solid CB pairing. Luiz is so up and down and he has some absolute brain farts in him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says: "With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way".

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom