• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juicy

Villa prefers Arsenal

I'm not talking about Emanuel Villa, this is David Villa. I looked for a thread on him but there didn't seem to be one, so I'm making this one. If there is already a thread on this, or the quotes end up being bullshit, this will be closed (with good reason) very quickly.
I don't like to believe the Sun but quotes are quotes, but I suppose they could be recycled. from when he was 12 years old or something.
Credit to people in wishlist thread in Lobby for finding this:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... 045670.ece

DAVID VILLA is ready to snub Chelsea and move to Arsenal.

The £20million-rated Valencia striker, 26, shot to the top of Avram Grant’s summer hitlist after netting 63 goals over the last three seasons.

Chelsea chief Grant is thought to have made contact over a move.

But Villa insists he would rather be a Gunner.

Villa said: “I watch the Premier League a lot and the team I’m most attracted to is definitely Arsenal.

David Villa says Arsenal are brilliant
“Their brilliant one and two-touch football and the whole style of rapid counter-attack which dominates the top level of the Premier League now is the one which suits my game best of all.

“I think I’m made to succeed in England but of course it’s one thing saying it and quite another getting there and then doing it.

“The Valencia president always told me he wouldn’t sell me until summer 2008. If an offer comes in I’m hungry to test myself in England.”

If Villa cannot agree a deal with Arsenal, his next option would be to join fellow Spain international Fernando Torres at Liverpool.

He added: “It’s great playing alongside Fernando. We understand each other totally and we get on brilliantly off the park.”

asajoseph

Established Member
He can hope to sign here all he likes - the chances of us actually making an offer are slim to none.

Arsenal_FAN1983

I guess he's off to Liverpool then seeing as we won't be making an offer. :roll:

If we make an offer I say we should try getting him for £12m with add-on's.

kym7224

sashakal I thought you don't believe SUN at all :lol:

Seriously I can't see it happen.

Don't get me wrong I like him very much but you know wenger.

thegame24

Established Member
is he that good?

Him and Silva are rated highly and ive seen them play well before, but why are valencia doing so poor?

Arsenal_FAN1983

i'm sure Wenger has had scouts watching Valencia this season, if Villa is good for Arsenal i'm sure Wenger will know whether to buy him or not if we were to be willing to buy a well-known striker that is.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Perfect player for our system, I really do believe due to valencias crisis, he would go for cheaper as he wants to come to england, valencia need money quickly so they can rebuild for next season

Villa would also want this sorted out before the euros, sure im not getting my hopes up but we cant let this guy slip away from us or like others theyll come back and bite us

Would be the exact lift the fans and players need going into 08/09 if we pulled this off.

Juicy

kym7224 said:
sashakal I thought you don't believe SUN at all :lol:

Seriously I can't see it happen.

Don't get me wrong I like him very much but you know wenger.
Very true but quotes are quotes, but as I said, he could have been any age when he said them except for his 'Summer 2008' mention, which could have been wildly out of context. I should never underestimate the Sun's ability to make headline stories out of absolutely nothing.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
Would love us to do it just once........grab that big name superstar out from under the noses of our rivals.Instead, one of them will get him, 20 mil is reasonable by todays standards, we will then rue it when adebayor puts another 9 out of 10 gilt-edge chances wide or straight at the keeper.

Juicy

But what will we do when we have a fully fit squad with him in it (or at least fully fit attackers? Will that ever happen? One of Villa, Adebayor, and RVP would have to be dropped. Contrary what people seem to want, Arsenal is not turning 4-3-3. It's all very interesting.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Exactly, villa for £15-20 million is a steal, bu its due to the circumstances for himself and especially what the club is in, he would go for prices between those figures

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
sashakal said:
But what will we do when we have a fully fit squad with him in it (or at least fully fit attackers? Will that ever happen? One of Villa, Adebayor, and RVP would have to be dropped. Contrary what people seem to want, Arsenal is not turning 4-3-3. It's all very interesting.

Dont need to go 4-3-3 but with vela and walcott we can do that next year of course...Anyway I thought you learnt from thsi year relying on rvp is a no-no, eduardo is out for huge chunks of next year, theres no way if we want a big trophy relying on ade again will work or bring success because hell get tired, too much weight on ades shoulders mate.

Lets see what wenger does though, one thing is, he'll certainly be under the microscope as next year is massive for him

thegame24

Established Member
Emir8 i know your a fan of valencia, considering how **** they have been, are guys like villa and silva worth getting?

Not having a go at them cause ive seen them play well before but why arnt they helping valencias situation

Juicy

I get the feeling that in the unlikely event that we sign him we would probably need to offload another striker. I realise relying on van Persie is a bad idea, but is it worth spending £20 million on a striker who either:
1)Won't get in the team. Come off the bench every game (unlikely) and plays when another striker is injured which will probably be reasonably often.
2) Will push another good striker out of the team (when all strikers are fit)

I think it actually is worth it, but on the other hand, there are positions that require strengthening more than striker position.
2)

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
1) we have NEVER had a fully fit set of strikers

2) you dont think he might be able to push himself into the team? he's a quality striker and has scored boatloads of goals in the past 3 seasons...

and who says we cant sign other players along with Villa...

meh, not like we will sign him anyway

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

sashakal said:
I get the feeling that in the unlikely event that we sign him we would probably need to offload another striker. I realise relying on van Persie is a bad idea, but is it worth spending £20 million on a striker who either:
1)Won't get in the team. Come off the bench every game (unlikely) and plays when another striker is injured which will probably be reasonably often.
2) Will push another good striker out of the team (when all strikers are fit)

I think it actually is worth it, but on the other hand, there are positions that require strengthening more than striker position.
2)

Depends if we are as wealthy as we say.If we are, 15 to 20 mil is a bargain.Easily good enough to be a starter and i believe him to be far more reliable than Ade, who i dont dislike, i just never have that feeling of "yes hes gonna score" even when hes 1 on 1 with the keeper.
Villa and eduardo profiting from all of those assists from hleb, fab etc...... the prospect is mouthwatering.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

USArsenal said:

2) you dont think he might be able to push himself into the team? he's a quality striker and has scored boatloads of goals in the past 3 seasons...

Ouch, your tone is similar to that of mine every time we get linked with someone.Rush of excitement followed by that kick to the balls feeling of realisation when you weigh it up against our actual transfer policy.

Juicy

USArsenal said:

I'm not sure you fully understand me. My 2) point was that he would push someone else out of the team (ie by being in the team himself)
I think he would almost certainly get into the team I was just trying to cover every possible scenarios. The two possibilities are:
He gets in the team, or he doesn't get in the team.
The first one is a lot more likely.

Of course I wouldn't mind having an abundance of great strikers, but the strikers themselves probably would. How would RVP feel about coming back from injury and having to oust a worldclass striker and last season's club top scorer from the team? One of the two of RVP and Ade would probably leave. If Ade or RVP were willing to sit on the bench (which they clearly aren't) it would be criminal not to pay £20 mill. Even though the three would rarely be fit simultaneously, no-one likes being 'reserve striker'.

As for 'Who says we can't sign other players as well as Villa?', well, it would be very uncharacteristic of Wenger to spend over £35 mill, and I think it would be worth spending a total of £15-20 mill (depending on how much a good new wingerish player would cost and maybe we should get a new reserve defender but that's an entirely seperate affair) on positions other than attack.

Yeah, it does seem very unlikely at the moment. Also Randomhero I agree with most of your statements there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom