• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anzac

Established Member
qs said:
sashakal said:
1)Won't get in the team. Come off the bench every game (unlikely) and plays when another striker is injured which will probably be reasonably often.

He'd be by far the best striker at the club if we signed him. The boys magic.

What's his link play like?????
Could he form a partnership with Eduardo or are they too alike????

Gurgen

Established Member
Villa, RvP, Ade, Eduardo, Walcott, Bendtner.

Going to be one happy family. Oh wait I forgot, Eduardo is injured and RvP was injured so they're dead to us :roll:

Dez

ladies and gentleman, children of all ages.....

oooooooooooooooooooooooo LETS GET READY FOR ONE HUUUUUNDREEED PAGES...

Jkreffer

Established Member
:lol:

Im sorry but people thinking he wouldn't get in ahead of Van Persie are down right dellusional. He is miles ahead in terms of footballing calibre. Van Persie can't even go half a season without pciking up a long term injury and has been first choice striker at Arsenal for about two months this year. Villa has been performing at the highest level, all each year, for the last three years. He is a beast of a player and frankly the sort of player we need to make a difference more regularly.

Anzac

Established Member
Gurgen said:

Going to be one happy family. Oh wait I forgot, Eduardo is injured and RvP was injured so they're dead to us :roll:

:shock: Damn you're right - how remiss of me to be so disloyal - let's ignore the fact that the goal scorer we signed to replace the one we sold is now out for the majority of next season already, with NO guarantee that he will be back playing at all. let alone to what capacity or level. Let's also ingore that RVP has missed the majority of 2 consecutive seasons thru' injury.

So that puts as back to square one after we sold TH - so let's place all our goal scoring eggs in Ade's basket in a 4-5-1 formation, after all it worked so well for us this season...........didn't it????? :roll:

Lancelot

Established Member
Yep, Chelsea will definitely have a say on this as well, Asa, but I just can't see it happening simply because Rafa would love to have him alongside Torres.

I think they will launch a bid for him and, judging by his comment there, it looks like he fancies his chance with Torres too.

Gurgen

Established Member
Anzac said:
Gurgen said:

:shock: Damn you're right - how remiss of me to be so disloyal - let's ignore the fact that the goal scorer we signed to replace the one we sold is now out for the majority of next season already, with NO guarantee that he will be back playing at all. let alone to what capacity or level. Let's also ingore that RVP has missed the majority of 2 consecutive seasons thru' injury.

So that puts as back to square one after we sold TH - so let's place all our goal scoring eggs in Ade's basket in a 4-5-1 formation, after all it worked so well for us this season...........didn't it????? :roll:

Well done, that's exactly what I said...

Anzac

Established Member
One thing in our favour though - niether CFC or LFC have Cesc pulling the strings from midfield. None of them can offer that level of quality service.

asajoseph

Established Member
Lancelot said:
Yep, Chelsea will definitely have a say on this as well, Asa, but I just can't see it happening simply because Rafa would love to have him alongside Torres.

I think they will launch a bid for him and, judging by his comment there, it looks like he fancies his chance with Torres too.

Then again, Rafa may not be there come the summer.

We'll see, these things are always hard to predict. But with Chelsea's money, a new (presumably high-profile) manager looking to make a splash, and a fancy west-end location, I'd say Chelsea would marginally nose in front.

We shall see, however.

Jkreffer

Established Member
The fact that we have Cesc Fabregas at our club means nothing if Chelsea are going to offer him an extra £50,000 a week. If it was all down to national preference anyway he would have been on the next bus to Liverpool years ago.

Anzac

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Anzac said:
Gurgen said:

Well done, that's exactly what I said...

I just can't imagine that the issues that led us to sign Eduardo have gone away with RVP having the same lack of impact as last season. Neither Theo nor Bendtner are ready to start with Ade, which leaves us to play a 4-5-1 or make shift 4-4-2. It didn't work this season so why should it next season????

stiiphunn

Established Member
As much as I like RVP it's time to accept the fact that he's not reliable. We can't go into another season knowing that 2 of our starters will be out for months.
So we either buy a class striker and put him in direct competition with RVP, Ade, etc.. or we simply sell RVP to avoid having dozens of strikers.
I don't like the second option at all because I really like RVP, but you have to draw the line at some point.

Anzac

Established Member
fair call - I was just reminising of days gone past when some players actually considered such things when deciding upon future transfers, and not just the money in their pocket on pay day............. :(

Anzac

Established Member
stiiphunn said:
As much as I like RVP it's time to accept the fact that he's not reliable. We can't go into another season knowing that 2 of our starters will be out for months.
So we either buy a class striker and put him in direct competition with RVP, Ade, etc.. or we simply sell RVP to avoid having dozens of strikers.
I don't like the second option at all because I really like RVP, but you have to draw the line at some point.

selling RVP would do nothing towards improving the depth or quality of the team to challenge for more than 1 title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom