• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Davide Santon

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896...sea-and-tottenham-all-interested-in-85m-inter

Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham could battle it out for the signature of Inter's £8.5 million-rated right-back Davide Santon, Goal.com UK can reveal, as the teenager's agent confirmed that he is set to meet with all three London clubs.

[...]

The player's agent Renzo Contratto has confirmed to Goal.com UK that his desire is to leave Milan and head to one of the English capital's Champions League clubs.

Contratto said: "Of course he [Santon] wants to move to England and he has a number of different options, Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham.

"We have a number of meetings lined up for the coming days with them, we'll know more after that point.

Would make a lot of sense if the rumours about Eboue's departure are true. Has anyone seen Santon since he had that knee surgery last year?

ricky1985

Established Member
No, but in this day and age, I can't see a cruciate operation affecting him long term. Strange how he hasn't played much since though, but I suppose he's very young. Awesome talent.

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member
I think, his role has been marginalized by Benitez who doesn't like him all that much. Even with so many players injured, he finds it hard to get games.

fabo

6.51 / 10
His season was ruined by injuries, even when he came back he was either getting back to form or on the bench.

Not sure Benitez is the man to get the best out of his talent.

Great potential though.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
he's looked healthy this season in the few games I have seen him play.. as others have mentioned, he apparently has too much talent for Benitez to utilize (he seems to go for crappy players any chance he gets)

good talent, but given Benitez' propensity to play more established players (who may or may not be any better), his chances at Inter might be smaller unless someone else replaces Rafa in January

8.5m? i'd take him for that, especially if we are truly planning to let Eboue go...

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Havent seen him for a long time, just remembered he was really good under Mourinho in the past

Humble Rex

Established Member
Along the lines of:
- Please Mr Wengie, I have Rafa as my manager so don´t hold it against me if I haven´t developed further this season!

P_Gunner

He can play RB and LB very well. Last time I saw him play I recall thinking he was better than Gibbs and he definitely has much better fitness than the Englishman. It would be nice to have him here, especially for the price quoted, but he isn't a necessity right now. I would prefer to see our weaknesses fixed before adding further depth/preparing for the future.

dpt49

Established Member
P_Gunner said:
He can play RB and LB very well. Last time I saw him play I recall thinking he was better than Gibbs and he definitely has much better fitness than the Englishman. It would be nice to have him here, especially for the price quoted, but he isn't a necessity right now. I would prefer to see our weaknesses fixed before adding further depth/preparing for the future.
If he plays left back as well he would be ideal, as Clichy has been a liability the last season or so.
He could be back up for Gibbs and Sagna if Eboue and Clichy are sold, although I think that scenario is highly unlikely

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot
Very interesting prospect...

Can play at LB/RB...

But, we need to offload either Clichy or Eboue...

Hmm.... :|

outlaw_member

Established Member
He's been off the pace since returning from injury, and has been left out on numerous occasions in favour of another youngster. However, his talent is obvious and we should be doing everything in our capacity to sign him.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
How is his defence?
He's a natural defender which is why I like him. Not one of those irritating chaps who looks great going forward but can't defend to save his life.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
outlaw_member said:
He's been off the pace since returning from injury, and has been left out on numerous occasions in favour of another youngster. However, his talent is obvious and we should be doing everything in our capacity to sign him.
hard to get on the pace if he never plays..

he's also not been left out so another young player (Natalino) could play that much (3 total games, 2 as a sub).. the rest of the time, its been Chivu, Maicon, Zanetti, etc..

he also played up front in 2 matches due to the rash of injuries Inter's had..

i would certainly sign him if that price is real (doubtful) and flog off Eboue.. dont necessarily want to get rid of Clichy just yet, Gibbs is way too injury prone

squallkid

Established Member
So he's not another Eboue (minus the great part). I wouldn't say no to him but I think this is another nothing story

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom