• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Davide Santon

outlaw_member

Established Member
USArsenal said:
outlaw_member said:
He's been off the pace since returning from injury, and has been left out on numerous occasions in favour of another youngster. However, his talent is obvious and we should be doing everything in our capacity to sign him.
hard to get on the pace if he never plays..

he's also not been left out so another young player (Natalino) could play that much (3 total games, 2 as a sub).. the rest of the time, its been Chivu, Maicon, Zanetti, etc..

he also played up front in 2 matches due to the rash of injuries Inter's had..

i would certainly sign him if that price is real (doubtful) and flog off Eboue.. dont necessarily want to get rid of Clichy just yet, Gibbs is way too injury prone

The few times he has played, he's been woefully off the pace. Obviously he needs game time, but he's been rightly subsituted early in the second half on almost every occasion. That's what I meant, that's he's reached a stage where another youngster is being favoured over him. He's also a better LB than Chivu, for what it's worth.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
Is there actually anything in this? Would Inter really let him go?
I think they'll sell if they get some cash for him, yeah. Not sure that Santon himself believes that he's better off being backup to a 27 year old Sagna instead of a 29 year old Maicon though.

ricky1985

Established Member
Inter have a pretty miserable record when it comes to letting young players leave the club too, right?

I watched 3 or 4 games to see what I thought of him about 18 months ago, and I was really impressed. Would be a great signing, I just can't see it happening somehow.

KY

Established Member
Balotelli too. But please, after the manchester united game, get him in to replace clichy!

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
ricky1985 said:
Inter have a pretty miserable record when it comes to letting young players leave the club too, right?

I watched 3 or 4 games to see what I thought of him about 18 months ago, and I was really impressed. Would be a great signing, I just can't see it happening somehow.

bottom line.. never going to happen

viper_001

Established Member
Even though his season has been destroyed by injuries and Rafa, I really don't think Moratti will let him go. Santon is an Inter academy product, their only Italian (except for the aging Materazzi), and a fan favorite. It took Balotelli throwing constant temper tantrums to even reluctantly let him go.

Santon is going to have to put in a transfer request, and Inter would have to ask for a reasonable fee. If it's crazy money they want, Chelski or Spuds will go for him.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
his season hasnt been ruined by injuries, that was last season.. this year, its all Rafa... but i agree i dont think they'll be letting him go, and even if they do, it wont be for 10m or less..

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom