• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dayot Upamecano

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Aren't Upamecano and Rugani pretty different in style?

Iceman10

Established Member
Don't often post anymore but... if we've bid £55m where has this money come from?!

We do have potential 30-40m to come from sales, including to Europe (transfer window runs to 02-Sep), so we could push what we have left for a CB. Possible question would be if we have anything left for Tierney.

Taarh

Luckily for them we have a German World Cup winning defender in our squad.

If they play this nicely, maybe we will consider throwing him in the deal for free

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Their depth is mad, midfield is crazy stacked aswell.
Meanwhile Maguire is going for £85M and is considered England's best CB.

Another crazy thing about France's insane depth at every position is that a ton of the talent is just coming out of Paris. That city has more footballing talent than entire nations. It is insane.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
The trouble with paying £70m for him is we’re doing exactly what we shouldn’t be doing, paying inflated fees. Saliba is more of a “outsmarting the market” signing. I don’t think Upamecano has done enough to command that sort of fee. You’re in danger of signing a massive whopper.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If they've set a price they're willing to let him go. They have a lot of CB's in their first team squad now, maybe they were expecting this, who knows.

£60M+ £10M add ons for me comfortably gets him.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
The trouble with paying £70m for him is we’re doing exactly what we shouldn’t be doing, paying inflated fees. Saliba is more of a “outsmarting the market” signing. I don’t think Upamecano has done enough to command that sort of fee. You’re in danger of signing a massive whopper.

Same with Pepe though. You can't consistently go through transfer window after transfer window looking for Saliba's and signing Mustafi's for 35m. Sometimes you have to take the risk on a incredibly talented defender.

The athleticism of the guy would make him a hit here. I don't want us to outsmart the market all the time. Sometimes, specifically with top CB's, you just have to over pay.

Axel9090

Its a window of going for top talents and ive no problem with us signing one of the best young CBs in the game. Other teams do this, its not out of the ordinary.

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom