• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Deloitte Money League | Arsenal 6th

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The 2016/17 Deloitte money league is out and Arsenal have moved above PSG. Despite being the 6th ‘richest’ club, Arsenal spent less than the other top 10 sides in the list.

1 Manchester United £581.2m
:: 2 Real Madrid 579.7m
:: 3 FC Barcelona £557.1m
:: 4 Bayern Munich £505.1m
:: 5 Manchester City £453.5m
:: 6 Arsenal £419m
:: 7 Paris Saint-Germain £417.8m
:: 8 Chelsea £367.8m
:: 9 Liverpool £364.5m
:: 10 Juventus £348.6m
:: 11 Tottenham Hotspur £305.6m
:: 12 Borussia Dortmund £285.8m
:: 13 Atletico de Madrid £234.2m
:: 14 Leicester City £233m
:: 15 Internazionale £225.2m
:: 16 Schalke 04 £197.8m
:: 17 West Ham United £183.3m
:: 18 Southampton £182.3m
:: 19 Napoli £172.5m
:: 20 Everton £171.2m

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/news...-top-world-club-cash-league-deloitte-11218426

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The 2016/17 Deloitte money league is out and Arsenal have moved above PSG. Despite being the 6th ‘richest’ club, Arsenal spent less than the other top 10 sides in the list.

1 Manchester United £581.2m
:: 2 Real Madrid 579.7m
:: 3 FC Barcelona £557.1m
:: 4 Bayern Munich £505.1m
:: 5 Manchester City £453.5m
:: 6 Arsenal £419m
:: 7 Paris Saint-Germain £417.8m
:: 8 Chelsea £367.8m
:: 9 Liverpool £364.5m
:: 10 Juventus £348.6m
:: 11 Tottenham Hotspur £305.6m
:: 12 Borussia Dortmund £285.8m
:: 13 Atletico de Madrid £234.2m
:: 14 Leicester City £233m
:: 15 Internazionale £225.2m
:: 16 Schalke 04 £197.8m
:: 17 West Ham United £183.3m
:: 18 Southampton £182.3m
:: 19 Napoli £172.5m
:: 20 Everton £171.2m

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/news...-top-world-club-cash-league-deloitte-11218426
Another asset based table that causes our fans to get frustrated.

That's why squad cost is the only comparable measure. It's what the club has actually spent on players, not what your stadium's worth on prime real estate.

Chelsea are below us. :lol: With an owner that's invested £1.4bn of his own money and so far not paid a penny back.

Our owner is as tight as a duck's arse and Wenger's helped build and pay off our stadium through being a selling club and keeping top four.

And it's Wenger who's taken all the flak.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

That's why squad cost is the only comparable measure. It's what the club has actually spent on players, not what your stadium's worth on prime real estate.
Squad value. As we've discussed many times cost does not take into account Monaco developing Mbappe into a 150m player. The value of that Monaco team was off the charts cost very little and won the league. It's now been broke up and they sit fourth.

I know you'll bring me to that table you did previously but I am concerned that table is skewed simply because as we've seen with Alexis his value halved due to contract length. If they have factored in his value in correlation to his contract as opposed to the 100m player he approximately should be then the value of our squad across the board is grossly undervalued due to mismanagement.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Another asset based table that causes our fans to get frustrated.

Chelsea are below us. :lol: With an owner that's invested £1.4bn of his own money and so far not paid a penny back.

Our owner is as tight as a duck's arse and Wenger's helped build and pay off our stadium through being a selling club and keeping top four.

And it's Wenger who's taken all the flak.

It's not a table/ranking based on assets it's a table ranking revenue generated in 2016-2017. It a list ranking the combination of commercial deals, matchday/gate receipts and tv revenue in world football not sure what you're talking about with stadium worth..

As I said in the other thread, Arsenal have the 6th highest revenue in world football yet we look likely to finish 6th in our domestic league, but people would have you believe we can't compete and that Wenger is doing a great job with the resources he has.

Matching supporters play literally the highest maychday experience in world football, but the club plays the broke card up ever day barring the opening of season ticket renewal time.

Squad value. As we've discussed many times cost does not take into account Monaco developing Mbappe into a 150m player. The value of that Monaco team was off the charts cost very little and won the league. It's now been broke up and they sit fourth.

I know you'll bring me to that table you did previously but I am concerned that table is skewed simply because as we've seen with Alexis his value halved due to contract length. If they have factored in his value in correlation to his contract as opposed to the 100m player he approximately should be then the value of our squad across the board is grossly undervalued due to mismanagement.

Our squad value is also bad.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Our squad value is also bad.
The value will be higher than the cost I.e. Bellerin cost 0 valued at 30-40m.

I actually checked the Cies list that @Makingtrax linked me to and it had Lacazette as our most valuable player. Which isn't true because at the time of publishing it would have been Alexis. So, although a good measure it's taking lower values for a lot of our players due to poor management and that needs to be factored in.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It's not a table/ranking based on assets it's a table ranking revenue generated in 2016-2017. It a list ranking the combination of commercial deals, matchday/gate receipts and tv revenue in world football not sure what you're talking about with stadium worth..

As I said in the other thread, Arsenal have the 6th highest revenue in world football yet we look likely to finish 6th in our domestic league, but people would have you believe we can't compete and that Wenger is doing a great job with the resources he has.

Matching supporters play literally the highest maychday experience in world football, but the club plays the broke card up ever day barring the opening of season ticket renewal time.
OK, couldn't give a sh*t. It's the same as Forbes, Sporting Intelligence, Starsport, Soccerex. A team of accounts try to work out the value of clubs using a variety of different methods.

The Soccerex one that got discussed in detail on here a few weeks ago had Arsenal 2nd and Sp**s above United.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/engl...rex-football-finance-100-ahead-of-arsenal-psg

At the end of the day your team is only worth what the board decide to spend.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Is this not a champiosnhip level?
I assume he's going with Tier 1 as teams you expect to seriously challenge for the premier league every year.

Right now that's Man City and maybe united.

Tier 2 are sides who wouldn't raise eyebrows if they challenged for the title but aren't expected to win it, and compete very well for CL spots. That's Chelsea (who seem to bounce between tier 1 and 2), Sp**s and Liverpool.

We've fallen into Tier 3 recently, top four would be a big achievement for us and nobody ever gives us a sniff at winning a title. When we do get into the CL we never get far and are usually shown to be out of our depth.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Thanks @Trilly & @reed I suppose I would class them that way as well.
Interesting what you mention with CHelsea Trill... They have spent a lot to bounce between Tier 1 & 2. Would it be different without them finishing so low under Mourinho?

KROENKE SUCKS

-6th biggest revenue
-3rd highest paid manager in Europe
-the results of a 3rd tier team in England/4rd tier team in Europe

Depressing stuff.

How much does Gazidis get paid? How much have Kroenke's stocks appreciated in value? How much did Josh Kroenke use to pay himself?

samshere

Why so serieuse?
I'm reasonably happy with our spending this season. We're getting PEA and are comfortable with losing Özil on a free, and this is without CL revenue. Think our spending will be around 150m in the summer.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
I assume he's going with Tier 1 as teams you expect to seriously challenge for the premier league every year.

Right now that's Man City and maybe united.

Tier 2 are sides who wouldn't raise eyebrows if they challenged for the title but aren't expected to win it, and compete very well for CL spots. That's Chelsea (who seem to bounce between tier 1 and 2), Sp**s and Liverpool.

We've fallen into Tier 3 recently, top four would be a big achievement for us and nobody ever gives us a sniff at winning a title. When we do get into the CL we never get far and are usually shown to be out of our depth.
You're goddamn right.
Pool are a 3rd tier team for me right now though, but it seems Klopp knows what he needs to do to get into tier 2, next year will be their year crucial for him.

Last edited:

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom