• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Demba Ba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floating

Established Member
A player I think could make it at Arsenal. We have just been linked to him by the Daily Mail, in their article about Adebayor. I wouldn't have even posted this, but they claim that we have held talks with Hoffenheim last night!

article-0-05B6737F000005DC-128_468x252.jpg

Although he's away for the ACN, so is Adebayor, so is Chamakh. He's huge, powerful, very versatile (can play across the entire frontline), and can score goals.

This is a video of highlights against Stuttgart, in which he scores a hat-trick:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEdjN18bwgM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEdjN18bwgM</a>

AFCG7

Established Member
I'm surprised that they mentioned Hoffenheim without linking is to Ibisevic.
Anyway i doubt we are really in for Ba , and to be honest i have not watched enough of him to comment.
I watched most of Wolfsburg's games , just to see Dzeko.

Floating

Established Member
I'd love Ibisevic here, but I think he just signed a contract extension. Both players are also fluent in French, which I know is a big plus for Arsène.

How do you rate Ibisevic?

KY

Established Member
i'm just worried he'll become the next diouf. I watch the bundesliga on a spattering of occasions and he's never really impressed me. And hoffenheim totally collapsed in the second half of the season after ibisevics injury, even with the presence of Demba Ba... Not suggesting he's not good but he's definitely still too raw to effectively replace ade... despite his age.

On a happier note, if he DOES join...what a name to sing songs with...from Ba Ba black sheep to Ba(d)...:D

Paddy from Sweden

Daily Mail also had an article on the website with said listing of rumoured players and the text on Demba Ba has been changed from the printed edition. Nothing about Arsenal holding talks with Hoffenheim.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1199614/THE-INSIDER-ARSENAL-SPECIAL-Emmanuel-II--Who-replace-Adebayor-Emirates-Stadium.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... adium.html</a>

qs

Established Member
KY said:
On a happier note, if he DOES join...what a name to sing songs with...from Ba Ba black sheep to Ba(d)...:D

Djemba Ba, Djemba Ba, he comes from Senegal....

GaelForce22

Established Member
I've never seen Hoffenheim play so can someone tell me who out of the three (Dzeko, Ba and Ibisevic) would be the best fit for us?

Oh and I do remember reading that Ibisevic signed a contract extension at the end of the season. Plus he's a lot older so I don't think we'd go for him.

Jameel46

Established Member
I like the part where it says we're the new favourites to land Huntelaar :D. I've not seen a lot of Ba, I hear he's good but I wouldn't be too comfortable with having someone I haven't really seen come in and watch him try to make a difference.

Floating

Established Member
GaelForce22 said:
I've never seen Hoffenheim play so can someone tell me who out of the three (Dzeko, Ba and Ibisevic) would be the best fit for us?

Oh and I do remember reading that Ibisevic signed a contract extension at the end of the season. Plus he's a lot older so I don't think we'd go for him.

Dzeko plays for Wolfsburg, not Hoffenheim. You might be thinking of Chinedu Obasi.

Ibisevic is also only 24.

mccroix

Ibisevic is a one season wonder.
He hasn't got what it takes..he just had a good year and converted all chances coming his way. Teams will adjust and he wont score more than 10 next season I reckon.
Hoffenheim didn't collapse because of him, they collapsed because of injuries to other starting players and the increasing pressure.

Ba has much more upside and talent. He might not be ready yet but he is the better overall player.

All in all...I don't want either of them

I'd love Dzeko..but no chance..Wolfsburg could resist Milan's offer. I don't think we can match that, plus Dzeko has expressed that Milan is his preferred destination

GaelForce22

Established Member
floating said:
Dzeko plays for Wolfsburg, not Hoffenheim. You might be thinking of Chinedu Obasi.

Ibisevic is also only 24.
No, I'm getting Wolfsburg mixed up with Hoffenheim and thinking of Misimovic, Dzeko and Grafite.

Just ignore me. :eek:ops:

Lazaq

Ba is a decent player alright, but from what little I've seen an heard, he doesn't quite cut it. Talented and all, but we should buy a finished product, if anything. No more projects. Please.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Seen him once, but not really interested.

Didn't impress in that game, but he had good reviews here so I don't know. Looks skillful though, very raw

Floating

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/07/17/1388495/arsenal-coach-Arsène-wenger-eyeing-demba-ba-to-replace" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2 ... to-replace</a>

Proof

Established Member
While I was gone in a beautiful 10 days trip to Croatia, the news regarding Adebayor's new team didn'n come as a shock. IMO, this Senegalese lad could do a decent job up-front, I would rather have him than Chamakh, whose goalscoring record doesn't look so impressive as Demba Ba's. He has scored 23 goals for Hoffenheim (a club for the first time in the German top division) last season and he's also 6ft3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane
Top Bottom