• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Demba Ba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cruisio

Established Member
I'll try to keep a positive slant on this and then i'm off to bed (as i'm sure i'll post this in other places on here)

We've got a decent set of keepers

Sagna and Jenkinson are good enough at right back

Our CB options look good with Sagna as 4th choice

Left backs alright

Arteta/Flamini/Ramsey/Wilshere/Chamberlain/Diaby (I know, I know) if they keep going the way they are then we'll be alright there

Now onto the attack, with Özil at AM that moves Cazorla to LW. Now we badly needed a creative wide player who could take on a man, score goals and get assists, with Cazorla there that gives us that. Now, that effectively makes Podolski our CF "signing" in place of Ba who when you look at it like that, isn't a bad option, same with Bendtner

The HOPE is basically that the signing of Özil replaces some of the other signings we needed to make, if all of that makes sense

arsenalfan4ever

Established Member
fabo said:
No excuses, it's our own fault running around on the final day when we needed a striker for the last 3 months.

Really don't see how we can get through the next 4 months with the current attacking options. Threadbare.

This.

We screwed ourselves with this striker. We should have never gone for Suarez and should have bought Higuin. Honestly, can't blame Wenger, he was mislead, but he should have started the search for a striker earlier. Ba was not the answer.

Buhry

Established Member

Cruisio said:
I'll try to keep a positive slant on this and then i'm off to bed (as i'm sure i'll post this in other places on here)

Left backs alright

Arteta/Flamini/Ramsey/Wilshere/Chamberlain/Diaby (I know, I know) if they keep going the way they are then we'll be alright there

Now onto the attack, with Özil at AM that moves Cazorla to LW. Now we badly needed a creative wide player who could take on a man, score goals and get assists, with Cazorla there that gives us that. Now, that effectively makes Podolski our CF "signing" in place of Ba who when you look at it like that, isn't a bad option, same with Bendtner

The HOPE is basically that the signing of Özil replaces some of the other signings we needed to make, if all of that makes sense

Let's just pray that Chamberlain and Podolski in particular recover as fast as possible and that Giroud stays fit.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Cruisio said:

Left backs alright

More or less what I was thinking.

Our squad isn't any thinner than it has been to be fair, when you consider that a large portion of the players weren't actually playing games. The squad looked more bloated than it was. Hopefully Özil is the start of an annual world class player.

Mobb Starr

Demba Ba is not the first and will not be the last ex West Ham player that could have been bought by Wenger. His policy of not buying from other prem clubs has nothing to do with Mourinho who has no such reservations.

Hell, we could have bought Ba in January from Newcastle long before Mour went back to the Chavs.

At the end of the day Wenger is the one who bent over and allowed the Chavs to stick his own policy up his ass.

Besides, surely he should have known they would not let Ba go when the rumour went out that Lukaku would be off to either West Brom or Everton.

Lukaku would have been a better target than Demba anyway. I get the feeling that Wenger didn't see getting another tall striker as a priority when he brought in Yaya, couldn't get rid of Bendy and saw him as a third choice.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
@samuelj29060 4m
José Mourinho: "I stopped Ba loan move to Arsenal - with Özil too, the best no.10 in the world, they'd have been title contenders." #AFC

@samuelj29060 3m
Mourinho quote from Sky Italia reporter @FabRomano21 - Surprised people think I make up quotes. Poor.

Irish_Owen

Established Member
Getting Ba would have improved our title challenge, but not getting him isn't going to be detrimental.

Özil has put us back in the frame for the league. I'd say we'll pose the weakest title challenge, simply because we have a fair share of weaknesses, and squad depth will likely be major undoing. But the signing of Özil has been a complete game changer, and we can build on that.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I hope in January we go to Udinese offer them 10-15M for Luis Muriel this kid is starting to impress me. Mourinho can go and f**k himself.

k24bfan

Mourinho worked with Özil for a number of years. I bet he's scared now. I do agree that we lack depth in certain areas unless we get some surprises with our young lads like Ryo,Zel, and others title challenge will be tough for us to sustain especially with our injury prone players.

I can see it now
Jose "We can loan Ba"
Exec "Ok"
Day later....
Exec "Arsenal just sign Özil"
Jose "Holy **** I ain't helping those *****"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom