• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Demba Ba

Status
Not open for further replies.

arsenalfan4ever

Established Member
Even if we sign Özil, Wenger still turned this transfer window into a joke. We should have signed up a striker long ago. Not wait for a rival to loan one of their weakest striker on the last day of the transfer window.

Wide player and striker were a must, and we haven't got either.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
Beggars can't be choosers. We're desperate for a striker, and on a loan, he would have been a low risk proposition unless we're confident in getting another striker.

wengerboy

Established Member
If we are signing another player, it is one we dont know about, we've had some surpise transfers announced after the deadline .

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I would have loved a new striker signing just to add squad depth and be insurance incase Giroud picks up an injury, but the Özil signing is exactly what we need in so many ways that I'm not too bothered by the lack of a new striker.

I think Wenger will try Theo out more centrally and if there is anyone who can pick out his runs it'll be Özil.

Also, I think Jack and Rosicky will get pushed out to the wings to make room for Özil and allow Theo to play CF, and I think that's a good move. Rosicky has played on the wing for us to good effect and I think Jack should get moved out there just so that he avoids more tackles. Centrally he gets kicked too much and picks up injuries.

If Theo and Giroud can rotate a bit at CF until Podolski comes back I think we'll be fine. Podolski will be another CF option.

Giroud, Theo and Podolski as CF options is not bad even though a new backup CF wouldn't be bad. Ideally, we would have signed a backup for Giroud, but I think we'll be fine without one if we move some players around a bit.

Buhry

Established Member

arsenalfan4ever said:
We should have bought Higuin. Excellent striker. Some guy gave Wenger the wrong info and it all got screwed...

We can blame Pere Guardiola for being an idiot. Either that or he just baited us to get real on the case, either way he screwed us.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
L'ÉQUIPE ‏@lequipe
Demba Ba serait en train de passer sa visite médicale avant de s'engager avec Arsenal <a class="postlink" href="http://www.lequipe.fr/info-continue/transfert" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.lequipe.fr/info-continue/transfert</a> …

Demba Ba would be passing his medical examination before engaging with Arsenal.

Giroud

Established Member
Ba would have been a nice signing. We really should have had a striker sorted out earlier in the window.

Wenger14

Established Member
Would have been a solid back up option for the season. Pity it didn't work out, but I think we can get through to January with what we have. I'd like to see Özil level at CF as well. That would really take us up three levels.

D

Dial Square 1886

Shame we didn't get a striker. Still, good window and a proper statement with Özil. Cracking squad when all healthy.

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
John Cross saying that Chelsea screwed us. Stalled on the Ba deal until it was too late for us to sign anyone else, and then pulled out leaving us with nobody.

Tw*ts.

fabo

6.51 / 10
No excuses, it's our own fault running around on the final day when we needed a striker for the last 3 months.

Really don't see how we can get through the next 4 months with the current attacking options. Threadbare.

D

Dial Square 1886

ferrarif50hunt said:
John Cross saying that Chelsea screwed us. Stalled on the Ba deal until it was too late for us to sign anyone else, and then pulled out leaving us with nobody.

Tw*ts.

I truly despise Mourinho.

Plenty of success in recent years, but nothing classy about that mob.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Mourinho is c**t no surprise about this and he should tell us from morning that Ba is not for sale or not for loan.

But its our fault we have 2 months to get a quality striker we can get Higuain earlier this window.

k24bfan

Seriously think that Chelsea pulled the plug on Ba when Özil news on wind. Shame club couldn't land their top targets and back ups didn't work out. Özil will attract players though and our current crop will want to stay.

awooga83

Established Member
If Chelsea did then we should have lined up alternatives, Sp**s tried something similar. Why are we surprised that clubs like Chelsea and Spuds aren't trying to help us.

Buhry

Established Member

ferrarif50hunt said:

Tw*ts.

Stupid of us to expect Chelsea to bail us out by giving us a striker when we're rivals, just signed Özil and what we desperately need is a striker. Frreaking dumb by us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom