• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Diogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lancelot

Established Member
Asterix said:
Who is that in your avatar Lancelot? I'm having trouble concentrating on anything else.....
Her name is Stacy Keibler, Asterix. :) (Confirming KY's post)

Also, Thank you to Tactica442 as well there, I really appreciate your kind gesture, mate.

Sorry for not contributing anything on this one but Cheers anyway... :lol:

Rocafella

Established Member
Sounds exciting. Young, goalscoring striker from South America. I always get that bit more excited about reading us signing a young player if they're from Brazil :lol:

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
If we buy him, we will have quite a handful of strikers to choose from:

Ade, RVP, Bendtner, Eduardo and Theo.

3 of them are capable of playing out wide so perhaps Diogo is some sort of a traditional CF?

KY

Established Member
Lancelot said:
Asterix said:
Who is that in your avatar Lancelot? I'm having trouble concentrating on anything else.....
Her name is Stacy Keibler, Asterix. :) (Confirming KY's post)

Also, Thank you to Tactica442 as well there, I really appreciate your kind gesture, mate.

Sorry for not contributing anything on this one but Cheers anyway... :lol:

I'm surprised that as a man, you haven't heard of her. Her 42 inch legs are to die for. :p (sorry for another pointless and crap post. :p)

Shadow Moses

Established Member
Not in a million years. Wenger will never pay that much.

Sad thing is this sort of price is what big clubs pay for young talent. £17m for Nani, Anderson £18m, Robinho £19, Pato £17m.

True Gooner

Established Member
Not happening. Hes far too expensive by Wengers standards, especially if hes only 20.

PS - I prefered Elisha Cuthbert, Lancelot ;D

Asterix

Established Member
I think he would pay a structured deal that could rise to 12-14m though, so you never know. Similar to Walcott.

Sounds like a Wenger purchase.

Elisha and Stacy were very sweet on the eye, but no one comes close to Liv.

asajoseph

Established Member
Having Brazil play at the Emirates will do a fantastic job of building the profile of the club in South America, and making us more appealing to the brightest talent coming out of Brazil as a first stopping point in a European career.

evoh_1

Established Member
number_0 said:
Disagree A_H, we dont have enough attacking midfielders, we need someone versitile who can cover for cesc, hleb and rosicky, no one in our squad does that at the moment.
I know we wont be getting diego, but someone similur wont hurt us.

anyone of quality such as diego will not want to cover, he'll want an important role, also he is another hold up an control type attacker rather then a direct pushing the defence back player. we need more direct players as we have controllers al ready.

evoh_1

Established Member
also 17mil i don't think so not from a small club in brazil. pato left from internacional a big club thats why they got so much.

beepos

evoh_1 said:
also 17mil i don't think so not from a small club in brazil. pato left from internacional a big club thats why they got so much.
And besides, the hype around Pato was huge. I'd never heard of this Diogo kid before he was linked with us.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Finally had a chance to watch Portuguesa-Palmera. Diogo scored once. I wouldn't say he is skillful. He looked unconfident on the ball, even in one on one situation. Most of the time his back was marked by Palmeras' centerbacks. He dropped back a few times to get the ball but obviously he couldn't beat his immediate defender.

The interesting thing is, even he did nothing most of the time, he scored a goal with a very crispy strike. He didn't look where the keep was before the strike. Perhaps he saw the keeper with his peripheral sight. My feeling is that's his favourite trick and angle to shoot. Many strikers have that sort of sweet spots (on the ball or location near the box).

although I just watch him playing once, I may dare say to spend 10m pounds on this player is risky. This guy didn't impress me nowhere than Pato firstly did to me.

Palmera's Leo Lima looked good though. A bit like yaya but willing to go forward more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Nobody has enough talent to live on talent alone. Even when you have talent, a life without work goes nowhere

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom