• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dirk Kuyt

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

Thank Christ Ghaly wasn't in the equation.

Oh yes, and I like Kuyt.

asajoseph

Established Member
I think the only solid fact is that Wenger was at the game - for all most people know, he might be after someone from Vitesse. Each source is linking us with a different Feyenoord player, but I don't really think any of them know who it really is...

A

Anonymous

i am glad wenger is making a effort in looking at signing kiujit instead of the other clowns

we needed a class striker for years

asajoseph

Established Member
Hmm... I think we've had class strikers for years, and I don't think Kuijt's as good as any of them....

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
dirk kuijt is ****in prolific and i think it is a statement of ambition if we are really looking at him because he is one of the most coveted rising stars in european football. the guy has hit 53 in the last 2 seasons and has already bagged 8 this season. i think he deserves a chance to prove himself outside holland and if i were asked where i'd like to see him get that chance, Arsenal would be the first name outside my mouth. he plays well for holland consistently and is capable of hurting teams in many different ways. i really hope wenger is considering bringing him to Arsenal.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
2002/03 FC Utrecht 34 matches played 20 goals 10 assists Eredivisie (Dutch PL)
2003/04 Feyenoord 34 matches played 20 goals 12 assists Eredivisie (Dutch PL)
2004/05 Feyenoord 34 matches played 29 goals 13 assists Eredivisie (Dutch PL)
2005/06 Feyenoord 11 matches played 7 goals 6 assists Eredivisie (Dutch PL)

He has more goals and asists in European football.

For Holland 14 matches played 3 goals 6 assists (Kuijt plays for Holland as RF in 4-3-3).

Other interesting stat: nearly 200 consecutive matches played (he's never injured or banned for cards)

A

Anonymous

There was another striker straight from the dutch leagues.. a top top hitman they said... can terrorize any defence.. prolific personified.

Kezman was sold to Athletico Madrid. :roll:

Wait and see.

Army of Me

Established Member
kezman is a good striker :(

he was never given the chance to settle into the chelsea team, i don't think he ever started 2 games on the trot for the chavs.

Gurgen

Established Member
asajoseph said:
I think the only solid fact is that Wenger was at the game - for all most people know, he might be after someone from Vitesse. Each source is linking us with a different Feyenoord player, but I don't really think any of them know who it really is...

The fact that Wenger told Feyenoord he was there for Kuijt is not enough?

sabret00the

Established Member
Gurgen said:
asajoseph said:

The fact that Wenger told Feyenoord he was there for Kuijt is not enough?
what's your source on this?

Legend#1

Established Member
It's obviously Kuyt.. He's a striker, something Wenger wants, he can head the ball, a bit physical, in the right age range.. He's 25, right?

It's Kuyt.. and i'm excited.

sabret00the

Established Member
Kha0z said:
There was another striker straight from the dutch leagues.. a top top hitman they said... can terrorize any defence.. prolific personified.

Kezman was sold to Athletico Madrid. :roll:

Wait and see.
Kezman is a very good striker, but to play lone striker just isn't a part of his game, he's a footballer and that's not what Chelsea are about.

asajoseph

Established Member
Given that we've been linked to a LOT of Feyenoord players in the past (Kuijt, Kalou, Ghaly and one or two others), I don't think it's obviously Kuyt at all... Unless Wenger did tell Feyenoord that he was there for the guy, but I don't think that's what the above article (linked) says...

Gurgen

Established Member
Mark Wotte (director of football or whatever the fk at Feyenoord) said to Kuyt and Kuyt alone very important people had come to watch him. This can only mean Wenger informed Wotte and Feyenoord who he had come for.

Army of Me

Established Member
We're making assumptions though, who's to say there wasn't someone else in the crowd watching Kuyt/Kuijt (how do you spell his name?)?

There's only one person who knows who Wenger was there to see, and he's not the type of guy to go shouting about that kind of stuff to anyone.

man, thats a horrible picture btw :D

asajoseph

Established Member
Kezman couldn't finish for peanuts when he was at Chelsea - and playing as a lone striker doesn't affect that, temperament does. Kezman, in my oppinion, didn't have the temperament to play at a big club, and didn't do nearly as well at getting into scoring positions as he did in Holland, because he didn't raise his game enough when he moved to England.

I'm not convinced Kuijt has the all-round footballing ability to succeed at Arsenal, and with all due respect, a sparkling record in the Eredivisie isn't enough to prove anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I am asked why I stayed at Arsenal so long.. my answer is simple; I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could have earned a lot more elsewhere, but that wouldn't compensate for all the good years at Highbury.

David O'Leary
Top Bottom