• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dirk Kuyt

Status
Not open for further replies.

sray2

A lot comes down to Henry's future with us...If Henry leaves, Wenger will probably move for someone like Torres. I can't see Wenger buying Torres for around 20 million and dumping RvP on the bench.

If Henry stays, Kuijt would be a perfect addition to the forward line, offering something different upfront compared to RvP and Henry, and he would complement both players perfectly without taking away creativity. For his talent and goalscoring record, Kuijt would be a bargain (around 10 mill), who really has the potential to be like RvN.

I think Wenger is saving a lot of his money for a central midfielder (hopefully Ballack), and doesn't want to hamper the progress of RvP by buying a forward for 20 mill.

sabret00the

Established Member
Lazyboy said:
Torres would be a better signing. But he's not the same kind of player as kuit. I actually believe kuit could play in midfield. He tends to fall back a lot when the team is in trouble on midfield, and does take the ball from the opponent a lot. Maybe he's thinking of kuit as a scoring strong attacking midfielder....
such an aggressive midfielder wouldn't really work for us.

hollow

gunner_down_under said:
is this guy good enough for Chelsea or Real?...then we're in trouble!!...it sucks when you look at it this way!!

Your right. We should aim to sign strikers with all round ability, great first touch, creativity, vision. Players who would be first choice strikers at a club as illustrious as Chelsea.

Like Drogba.

Lazyboy

wheelyfar said:
Lazyboy said:
obviously very little people know of the phenomenon Kuit. He is so underrated in this thread it's dispicable. Scoring so many goals in the dutch league isn't that good you say and you base your oppinion on one player from that league, when others who scored many such as van nistelrooy, makaay and yes our very own striker Bergkamp are never mentioned.

Kuit is a player which gets the entire team running, none of the players at his current club are what they are without him on the pitch. He is like an engine of a team, a general. His spirit and positive attitude inspires everyone else on the team He's very physical, and he's very very intellegent in the way he plays. He has been the best player in the national team for many games. And that's with players such as nistelrooy, robben, davids, van der vaart.

He's a rising star, he has got technical ability, has a quick pass, is intellegent, an unbelievable hard worker, is very physical, can head the ball, educate and can definately open up a game.

Don't talk bs about him just cause you seen highlights or such, he's such an important player for any team, i would love to see him here. We have enough dribblers and such in our team, we need someone strong and intellegent to balance out our team. Kuit is that man.

Ok Lazyboy - it's time to come clean. You are either this guy's agent, brother or lover!! :lol:

Whichever it is you have convinced me. Go get him Arsen.

Haha, no im not any of those! I am however a very keen admirer of his football skills. He's a tough battle machine, who thinks for the team. And nowadays you don't see those very often.

Lazyboy

sabret00the said:
Lazyboy said:
Torres would be a better signing. But he's not the same kind of player as kuit. I actually believe kuit could play in midfield. He tends to fall back a lot when the team is in trouble on midfield, and does take the ball from the opponent a lot. Maybe he's thinking of kuit as a scoring strong attacking midfielder....

I disagree, it is this kind of midfielder that we need. When we play against an opponent with a strong midfield...(like chelsea) we tend to lose that oh so important midfield fight. We don't have much strength in midfield, and that's where kuit would fit the bill.

bobo69

from my cloggy mate (sorry about the caps its the way it comes out over bloomberg) who supports that cloggy outfit.

TALL GUY, PLAYS IN NATIONAL SQUAD AS RIGHT WINGER, BUT IS A BORN STRIKER. VERY GOOD ATTITUDE TOWARDS THE CROWD AND SQUAD, VERY S OCIABLE GUY. WILL NEVER HAVE PROBLEMS OUTSIDE THE FIELD. NOT TOO FAST, NOT TOO TECHNICAL, BUT COMPENSATES A LOT BY GOING FOR IT FOR 90 MINUTES. HARDEST WORKER IN DUTCH LEAGUE.

sabret00the

Established Member
Lazyboy said:
sabret00the said:
Lazyboy said:

I disagree, it is this kind of midfielder that we need. When we play against an opponent with a strong midfield...(like chelsea) we tend to lose that oh so important midfield fight. We don't have much strength in midfield, and that's where kuit would fit the bill.
i'm not denying the strength is a nessessity but an out and out attacking midfielder in the centre of the park would really unbalance the team.

Jeppe

Face it, Kuyt would be an awesome signing. Top class, works is ass off, great through the air and ground. Yesss. Kuyt - Henry, Champions League winners 2006 / 2007

Sammer

Established Member
He would most likely do well in the EPL. Sounds like a promising addition to our squad, if true (which I doubt).

A

Anonymous

I'll take kuyt any day.

Arsenal should have 4 strikers.

Van Persie, Henry, Bergkamp, Reyes (Ali on loan)

Out of those four. Reyes isn't ready yet, bergkamp is retire-bound. Henry is coming up to 30. And Van Persie shouldn't be over-relied on. He is my fav youngster, but Arsenal can't afford to depend on him or Henry like Manyoo depend on Rooney.

Arsenal's plan B should be in personel, rather then in tactics. Player's like kuyt play their own game.. he's quite aggressive, without being a foul bot.

Grab em.

qs

Established Member
Kuijt doesnt need to be all round quality. He wouldnt be brought in as a guy who'd play week in week out anyway. Henrys always gonna be first on the team sheet and then it'll be between RVP, Bergy, Reyes, and maybe Kuijt. It'd mean we could change tactics a little for team where it suited us to have a big man up front. Im all for it.

asajoseph

Established Member
Sounds like a bit of a Kuyt/Kuijt frenzy to me... Think some people are getting a little too worked up about him though. He's good at what he does, but he also has plenty of drawbacks - from what I've seen he's a decent finisher, but the comparison to RvN and Makaay seems way off the mark. His touch, and ability with his feet, is not as good as I like to see in Arsenal strikers.

Part of this doubt is due to personal preference. Part of it is due to skepticism in overplaying the achievements of a player from Holland (a decent league for sure, but not as good as the Premiership in my oppinion). Furthermore I'll admit that I've not seen a huge amount of him, so I'll defer to those who've seen more. But reading what people are writing here, it seems that some are describing him as the 2nd coming of Adriano, and from what I've seen that's just not the case.

gstew

asajoseph said:
Sounds like a bit of a Kuyt/Kuijt frenzy to me... Think some people are getting a little too worked up about him though. He's good at what he does, but he also has plenty of drawbacks - from what I've seen he's a decent finisher, but the comparison to RvN and Makaay seems way off the mark. His touch, and ability with his feet, is not as good as I like to see in Arsenal strikers.

Part of this doubt is due to personal preference. Part of it is due to skepticism in overplaying the achievements of a player from Holland (a decent league for sure, but not as good as the Premiership in my oppinion). Furthermore I'll admit that I've not seen a huge amount of him, so I'll defer to those who've seen more. But reading what people are writing here, it seems that some are describing him as the 2nd coming of Adriano, and from what I've seen that's just not the case.

Asa..I was with you and against Kuyt at first. When I read that AW was watching Feyenoord, I was hoping to hear more about links to Kalou. He sounds fantastic and fits in perfectly with our style and quality.

But the more I hear about Kuyt's work rate and then also think about what Freddie brings to the side, I think that I want (and Arsenal need) more Freddie. I wanted Dean Ashton and by all accounts Kuyt is like Ashton except better in every way. I have felt that we have been too lightweight for a while and am now on the Kuyt bandwagon. Let's go get him (and if this doesn't preclude Kalou, get him also!!!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season
Top Bottom