• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nket14h: Answering The šŸ“ž From England

He needs to be replaced in the summer. Missed an obvious chance with the header and was poor with his link-up play. Hope he scores a few goals to keep his value up in the meantime.

bergholt

Heā€™ll go but not for a transfer fee, we paid him too much for that. The clubs heā€™ll likely end up at (lower PL/upper Championship) canā€™t afford 100k a week, so weā€™ll have to terminate it by mutual consent.

CannonBals

Heā€™ll go but not for a transfer fee, we paid him too much for that. The clubs heā€™ll likely end up at (lower PL/upper Championship) canā€™t afford 100k a week, so weā€™ll have to terminate it by mutual consent.
Palace are interested and many other PL teams should be.
He is decent enough for lower hald PL teams.
I would expect 20m+ (hopefully 25m) or else we have again failed in selling.
Should have sold him in the Jan window / last summer itself just like ESR.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Why are people so annoyed about a player who just plays the cups or comes off the bench when the match is done and dusted?

Is it just the wages? I mean you need someone to be backup and round out the squad. Signing someone will be more expensive than paying the wages. Heā€™s also home-grown and an academy lad. Ideally a young prospect takes his place at some point but as long as he wants to stay Iā€™m fine with him.

Macho

Documenting your downfall šŸŽ„
Dusted šŸ”»

Why are people so annoyed about a player who just plays the cups or comes off the bench when the match is done and dusted?

Is it just the wages? I mean you need someone to be backup and round out the squad. Signing someone will be more expensive than paying the wages. Heā€™s also home-grown and an academy lad. Ideally a young prospect takes his place at some point but as long as he wants to stay Iā€™m fine with him.

The team is getting better so many are just laser focused on him. There will always be one or two at the bottom that fans just cannot stand no matter how good the squad is, thatā€™s just the fandom.

I think heā€™s harmless and a negligible player, thereā€™s not really enough there to slag off.

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul

You're fine with having a backup striker not being able to impact games, have a bad first touch, only foul opposition players whenever he comes on, while collecting 100k/week? Where's your standards?

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ā­

Iā€™m surprised heā€™s survived a coach who seems so ruthless with players who donā€™t fit his system of play when better players than him were immediately booted out.
That's most likely down to professionalism and attitude. He'd be out of here as quickly as the others if he failed that aspect.

You need backup players. If he wants more, he'll probably have to move in the summer.

bergholt

Palace are interested and many other PL teams should be.
He is decent enough for lower hald PL teams.
I would expect 20m+ (hopefully 25m) or else we have again failed in selling.
Should have sold him in the Jan window / last summer itself just like ESR.

I didn't say they shouldn't want him, I said his wages make it very hard.

He'd immediately be their equal highest player, equal to Eze, Henderson, and Olise. I don't think his performances so far have justified that.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted šŸ”»
Iā€™m surprised heā€™s survived a coach who seems so ruthless with players who donā€™t fit his system of play when better players than him were immediately booted out.
I think Arteta has grown to see the consequences if tanking a player's value. Not only that, Nketiah is a grafter and Arteta places a lot of stock in that.

amigo

Eddie's just a pure Arsenal academy kid (now grown up) living his dream. Maybe not quite as good as we hoped he'd turn out to be (World class)but not half as bad as detractors make out - he's a decent squad option. And he gives his all when he gets on the pitch. Has played a part this season with a few goals, a few assists, won pens, and helped see out games. If he wants to stay in this role I'm happy with it. To get more minutes he'd have to increase his level ( which is not impossible either).

SupersoakerArsene

Eddie's just a pure Arsenal academy kid (now grown up) living his dream. Maybe not quite as good as we hoped he'd turn out to be (World class)but not half as bad as detractors make out - he's a decent squad option. And he gives his all when he gets on the pitch. Has played a part this season with a few goals, a few assists, won pens, and helped see out games. If he wants to stay in this role I'm happy with it. To get more minutes he'd have to increase his level ( which is not impossible either).
I get it. The thing that annoys me the most: if he gets, lets say 20 minutes, he still doesn't look like he gives a **** or he wants to press badly as striker.

If he gets 20 minutes, he should be exhausted after the game! He should press like a dog ffs. But most of the time I see him running like my grandma ffs...

Besides that. He earns way to much for what he brings as a ''squad option''. I much rather see a guy like Trossard be a squad option (or Jesus, if we can get an actual upgrade in the summer that can score 15+ goals)

PrinzPoldi

Player:Havertz
Is it all because he is an academy kid?
I am just wondering.

PrinzPoldi

Player:Havertz
He's more a product of chelsea's academy then ours but interesting.
I believe Eddie has already reached an age that needs to play regular football to improve.
10-15 minutes here and there is not going to help.
If he does not improve much, it is not helping the team nor himself.

Don't care if he is on 100k or even 50k.
He needs to up his game to stay and play.

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

ArsĆØne Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom