• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nket14h: Answering The 📞 From England

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Reading these last couple of pages:

c1583039c9e689c5dc6cb13e494981c9.gif

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Not surprised suddenly a lot of people don't care about the shirt numbers.

Arteta can put a giant picture of himself in the clock end and he'll still find people defending the decision. I would blame the weak willed fanbase but to be fair it extends to pretty much most things nowadays, we now live in that sort of world.

I guess the actual frustration comes from downgrading, we went from Auba + Laca, names with great reputation and that were getting player of the season awards before Artetaball, to Jesus + Nketiah, a guy with a reputation of not scoring and a kid that has shown little signs of high potential.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

A few on here piped up about the number 10, but that wasn't received well by A-M :lol:

It is what it is, what can you do.
I even piped up when Saka got the number 7, think we got away with it as he’s grown into it, I felt like he’d had a promising season but hadn’t earned it at the time. If only I knew we were gonna do the same for ESR and then Eddie for doing much much less then I’d have saved my breath. :lol:just another example of the dropping standards we keep seeing all around the club.

I know they’re just numbers but that’s part of football, can’t tell me there isn’t special about the numbers 9,7 and 10 for all clubs as well as the special ones unique to each club.

Since Henry left I feel we’ve shown decent respect to the number, even Theo had a bit of hype around him when he earned it. Giving it to a guy who might not even be good enough and almost left this summer is taking the piss.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

I even piped up when Saka got the number 7, think we got away with it as he’s grown into it, I felt like he’d had a promising season but hadn’t earned it at the time. If only I knew we were gonna do the same for ESR and then Eddie for doing much much less then I’d have saved my breath. :lol:just another example of the dropping standards we keep seeing all around the club.

I know they’re just numbers but that’s part of football, can’t tell me there isn’t special about the numbers 9,7 and 10 for all clubs as well as the special ones unique to each club.

Since Henry left I feel we’ve shown decent respect to the number, even Theo had a bit of hype around him when he earned it. Giving it to a guy who might not even be good enough and almost left this summer is taking the piss.
Nketiah supposedly wasn't good enough for majority of the season, had a purple patch to end the season and now gets a new contract and the number 14 shirt, what the hell is going on at this club lol. Just weird stuff. We're in 2022 and Xhaka, El-neny, Holding still play for arsenal. We ended the season with having to rely on Cedric and that dude that practices beastiality who clearly is nowhere near ready. Choking top 4 is still unforgivable to me and should have gotten Arteta fired. It's obvious Tierney and Partey are injury prone and cannot be relied on, even Tomi looks suspect, but I'll give him another season to prove his fitness.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

I think Walcott doesn’t get his ratings. Obviously not a great baller but he made the most of what he had, helped by Wenger, and more often than not, he delivered.

I don’t think any of the current lot can do what he did in similar games/per minutes/age etc.
He also benefitted from playing in very attack oriented teams and we dominated a lot of games, especially against fodder. Walcott could always pad his stats. Saka is already better than Walcott ever was. I would say Walcott at his best was better than current Martinelli, Nketiah and ESR though.

Olivier_Giroud

Going from Thierry Henry to Pierre Emerick Aubameyang To Eddie Nketiah... is like going from Arsène Wenger to Unai Emery to Mikel Arteta...

The same narrative that signing the Portuguese Denis Suarez for 35 million is a better bit of business than signing Bissouma for 25 million or Tielemans for the same price.

The constant downgrade is now the acceptable way of doing things at the Club this era...

Just garbage all around the club right now...

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Agree but disagree too. Wenger or not, Walcott was pulling off 30+ goal/assist seasons while playing in the PL and CL.

You have to respect it, Eddie shouldn’t even come close to that comparison yet.

I think Walcott doesn’t get his ratings. Obviously not a great baller but he made the most of what he had, helped by Wenger, and more often than not, he delivered.

I don’t think any of the current lot can do what he did in similar games/per minutes/age etc.
I think we don’t truly appreciate how Arsène got the best out of these players. Honestly guys like Walcott, Flamini, Hleb, Adebayor, Bellerin, Alex Song, Clichy just to name a few were mediocre players Arsène just got them to a level they had no business getting too.

You think Arteta would’ve had Walcott player at the level he did? He would’ve paid off his contract and got rid of him. He would need to double up his hair dye dealing with Adebayor.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I think we don’t truly appreciate how Arsène got the best out of these players. Honestly guys like Walcott, Flamini, Hleb, Adebayor, Bellerin, Alex Song, Clichy just to name a few were mediocre players Arsène just got them to a level they had no business getting too.

You think Arteta would’ve had Walcott player at the level he did? He would’ve paid off his contract and got rid of him. He would need to double up his hair dye dealing with Adebayor.

Lol wtf :lol: none of those players were world class obviously, but they each had different talents, they weren’t just mediocre. Wenger facilitated the natural talent of players, he didn’t turn water into wine.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Lol wtf :lol: none of those players were world class obviously, but they each had different talents, they weren’t just mediocre. Wenger facilitated the natural talent of players, he didn’t turn water into wine.
Well duh every footballer has individual talent they wouldn’t make it as a professional otherwise. Arsène made them actually great players, none of them could find the same form after leaving him.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Maybe Song and Clichy were different, they were really plucked from obscurity, but guys like Walcott, Adebayor, Hleb, they were highly rated young players. They could’ve gone to other clubs and done well.

Arteta has huge lessons to learn from Wenger though, about facilitating talent rather than conforming to strict standards.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Well duh every footballer has individual talent they wouldn’t make it as a professional otherwise. Arsène made them actually great players, none of them could find the same form after leaving him.

Yh I agree, mostly, he made them great, but you called them mediocre. Jamie O’Hara was mediocre, Walcott had insane pace, Hleb had insane dribbling, Adebayor was a nutcase and built like a sh*thouse. That was all natural and far from mediocre.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
I think too much is made about the squad numbers, as long as he can score goals I don't give a Feck what number he wears, time will tell if Fast Eddie is the real deal or a wannabe.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Too easy to say this now. I remember the abuse Adebayor got when he first showed up, awkward, baggy touch.

Took a while for people to warm up to Hleb too, people actually thought he was sh*t but he was just shy and quiet.

Flamini whilst doing ok in the CL run was mostly thought of as a nuisance until he struck up a partnership with Cesc.

Walcott and Song are examples of turning water to wine considering where they started. All in the forum archives too if you don’t believe me about the hatred most of these guys received until they blossomed.

I could go on and on but Pump is right. This is why I don’t rate Arteta, he’d have given up on most of these guys, complained and a lot of you would have bought into it.

There’s levels to management and coaching.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
That's true of many players, they looked great under Arsène but really poor elsewhere. People said wait til Klopp gets hold of Ox.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
In some cases he literally did. Song is a great example of water into wine.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Nketiah supposedly wasn't good enough for majority of the season, had a purple patch to end the season and now gets a new contract and the number 14 shirt, what the hell is going on at this club lol. Just weird stuff. We're in 2022 and Xhaka, El-neny, Holding still play for arsenal. We ended the season with having to rely on Cedric and that dude that practices beastiality who clearly is nowhere near ready. Choking top 4 is still unforgivable to me and should have gotten Arteta fired. It's obvious Tierney and Partey are injury prone and cannot be relied on, even Tomi looks suspect, but I'll give him another season to prove his fitness.
Love how you went from a numbers rant to a generic state of the club rant. I feel your pain. :lol:

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I think a good few on that list, in their prime, would have done well under other top managers, he was a great atta king manager but not a miracle worker.

Guys like Klopp, Fergie, Mourinho and other great managers have shown the ability to extract talent from limited/questionable players too. Wenger was just forced to do it more.

Ofc when you compare him to trash like Arteta then suddenly Wenger looks like Jesus in comparison.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom