• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loan systems are bad but I'm not worried a bit. If we sell Lacazette next summer for 31.34 M then there will be plenty of game time for Nketiah to develop here at the club!

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I think Eddie is history as far as the Arsenal are concerned. Leeds not helping him (or us) by not start8iing him regularly - remember one Serge Gnabry? - but the most we can hope is a decent season followed by £10/£15 million sale in the summer. He's behind Martinelli now.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I think Eddie is history as far as the Arsenal are concerned. Leeds not helping him (or us) by not start8iing him regularly - remember one Serge Gnabry? - but the most we can hope is a decent season followed by £10/£15 million sale in the summer. He's behind Martinelli now.
You gave up too quickly on a talented young player

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
You gave up too quickly on a talented young player
I don't think so, it will be a simple question of opportunities. No way is Lacazette being sold in the summer so if Martinelli lives up to his early form Eddie would be 4th striker and that wouldn't be good for him or for us.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Should have gone to Bristol City. Said it at the time.

I thought so too, there’s a gap for him up front even as well sad they’ve been playing.

It’s really promotion or bust for Bielsa this year so he’s going to be backing the experienced player 9 times out of 10.

I don't think so, it will be a simple question of opportunities. No way is Lacazette being sold in the summer so if Martinelli lives up to his early form Eddie would be 4th striker and that wouldn't be good for him or for us.

No way? Why no way?

Both Laca and Auba are holding out for new contract. They will be in their final year next summer. We will be forced to sell.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

No way? Why no way?

Both Laca and Auba are holding out for new contract. They will be in their final year next summer. We will be forced to sell.

Nah Lacazette has a contract until 2022, doubt the club will move him on. Only way I would is if a massive overpay from a super club came in.

Then you could look at an attacking midfielder, CB and another winger. Short of that Laca’s gonna be here a while.

Nah Lacazette has a contract until 2022, doubt the club will move him on. Only way I would is if a massive overpay from a super club came in.

Then you could look at an attacking midfielder, CB and another winger. Short of that Laca’s gonna be here a while.

Thought they were both in their final year next year. They didn't sign a new contract you know like the news were suggesting...

Anyway there was also some rule the club have set them, if players don't extend two year before their contract up we will be looking to sell!

Hopefully we can sell Laca for 30-40 M next summer and spend it on new contract for Auba. When you have talented strikers like Martinelli and Nketiah its enough to have just one senior striker IMO!

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Thought they were both in their final year next year. They didn't sign a new contract you know like the news were suggesting...

Anyway there was also some rule the club have set them, if players don't extend two year before their contract up we will be looking to sell!

Hopefully we can sell Laca for 30-40 M next summer and spend it on new contract for Auba. When you have talented strikers like Martinelli and Nketiah its enough to have just one senior striker IMO!
Laca is worth more than that in the current transfer market. Nketiah has to be proven at a higher level before he can be one of the main strikers.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

It’s definitely 2022, he got a five year deal when he signed for us.

30-40M would be ridiculously low, you’d want at least 60-70M if you wanted to sell.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Eddie has done well in the few minutes he has gotten but Bielsa seemingly trusts Bamford more due to his size and experience in the Championship. That said, he is not finishing his chances and you have to feel Eddie will soon start to get starts instead.

That said, if this continues till January, I hope the club will terminate the deal and bring him back.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Eddie has done well in the few minutes he has gotten but Bielsa seemingly trusts Bamford more due to his size and experience in the Championship. That said, he is not finishing his chances and you have to feel Eddie will soon start to get starts instead.

That said, if this continues till January, I hope the club will terminate the deal and bring him back.

This is showing why the Emi loan was such a good one, he went to a club where he’d definitely play that was struggling and needed all the help it could get.

Get him back here and send him to a club in the bottom half of the Championship for a few months.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Might eventually dawn on people he ain't that good.
How much have you watched him? In total, I must have seen 6 minutes of various highlights of him and I know you don’t watch more football than me.

How much have you seen on him?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

We had that "rule" by rumours, but unsurprisingly it got "bent" after (what I think) was Auba wanting to see where he can get UCL next season.

He has 1 year left next. He has much of the say, got it straight when he signed contract that short. Clever guy, still great Arsenal got him, more than delivered.

Lacazette has 2 years left after this one, so we are more secure with him than Auba. Personally I think Auba could do anything he wants, but his partnership in an with Laca might be good in him wanting to stay if we get UCL.

Rex Banner answered your questions well otherwise.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Should have gone to Bristol City. Said it at the time.
Everyone who follows the championship was saying the same on here, but thankfully instead of taking advice from plebs the club hires a professional loan manager to decide these stuff so he can go to a team where he barely gets playing time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I want a fan to wake up in the morning and say, “Arsenal are playing today, I’m going to have a good time.” That guy starts his day off by thinking that something good is going to happen to him. And to do that, big clubs like Arsenal have to have the ambition to play spectacularly. Of shared happiness.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom