Eddie Nketiah: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aevi, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Wrighty4eva

Wrighty4eva Well-Known Member

Whats actually quite funny is how long ago I posted that, and now all of sudden because he scored today, here you come , you want my honest opinion I don't feel eddie will make it here despite all the dead links you've posted to prove otherwise call it a gut instinct. No one is ripping him apart so cut the melodramatics out, he's just not good enough for Arsenal.

2. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

Good today! Deadly. We need to get the ball forward more so he can do damage!

3. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

Very Auba-esque performance. Kid knows where the goal is

4. James Bond

James Bond Moderation Consultant

Long ago? You posted it a week ago. And since then in his first start he scored (away from home, something the striker in front of him hasn’t done in ages).

Gut instinct :lol: I’m glad the manger is giving him a chance to prove his worth and show he’s grown on his loan vs being lazily written off due to the sixth sense in your stomach.

#254 likes this.
  5. RunTheTrap

RunTheTrap Well-Known Member

Just saw a striker run his socks off for 90 minutes and still manage to score a goal away from home but but a certain £50 million striker says it’s not possible.

6. Eaststander74

Eaststander74 Jury Lite II

Underrated finish. He double bluffed it. Gave the eyes and shaped to hit it in the side he put it in. Keeper thought he was faking it and went the other way. That was clever. He was in the keepers head for that moment.

El Duderino and Mo Britain like this.
  7. Eaststander74

Ideally, he'd end up as good as and in the same mold as Ian Wright. I'd take that.

8. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Good game IMO, did very well to find space whenever we were countering, used the ball quite well and pressed extremely well from the front - using his acceleration well. Scored a goal, that will be great for his confidence. Needs to get better at holding up the ball and winning duels but he did well today.

9. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One

On current form and given his record, I think Lacazette would've fluffed that.

Really needs a goal.

Eaststander74 likes this.
  10. Riou

Riou Nostalgia Merchant

Happy for him today, seems an intelligent striker similar to Auba...has the hustle of Laca when playing too, can see why Arteta wanted to keep him.

Got some good depth in the forward positions now.

11. MutableEarth

Laca may have tried to take that on his right. Eddie kept it low on his weak foot. Can't really speculate because Laca didn't play but Nketiah IMO did what he needed to do and ended up scoring the decisive goal that gave us the 2 goal cushion.

El Duderino likes this.
  12. Eaststander74

:lol: merciless!

13. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One

I like Lacazette, but it more meant as praise to Eddie rather than a sole back handed comment on Laca.

14. Eduardo_da_Silva

Eduardo_da_Silva Well-Known Member

Great movement for tge first goal as well. Opened up space dor Saka to come into.

MutableEarth likes this.
  15. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

The first half was very good if you notice the 2nd goal he was the key too he started the move when he was in the middle of the pirch the 2nd half all team just gone few levels down. But promising display we need goals and he can do that.

16. Marjorie

Marjorie Well-Known Member

17. Manberg

Manberg Predator

I think Arteta will be proud of Nketiah's performance today. He was getting into good positions and that's promising.

18. MutableEarth

He put in a real shift today. Just didn't get enough shooting opportunities and the one he got that he should have stuck away, he didn't unfortunately. I don't think he let himself down today and you can see there is quality there but he's just a little bit too raw in some instances where he needs to be more composed. He'll have other opportunities IMO.

Manberg likes this.
  19. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

Very good today! Unlucky not to get that woodwork shot in but there is elite talent in him!

20. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

For a PL debut that was solid he still got really long way to go but he did well unlucky he should have scored

krackpot likes this.