• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah: Better than R9?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

5 games in 12 days. If he doesn't get any playing time now he might as well start packing his bags.

He'll get a few minutes, but Welbeck will be straight in when Emery wants to rotate either Auba or Laca. Best chance is a start in the Blackpool game but even that isn't guaranteed might just go with Welbeck on his own at CF for example, who knows.

Tomb Bombadil

He's not ****ed. We just need to be smart about how we loan him and he needs to not be afraid to go outside of the country for truly competitive first team experience. Hopefully, we can do something with him like we've done with Nelson.
Yes and if Welbeck leaves he can get his game time.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Good for Eddie that Welbz had a poor game. Hopefully this means Eddie getting more minutes.

He is in the picture, and if Emery is not gonna rotate now, injuries will creep in at some stage in the season. Injuries unfortunately is probably best way for youth to force them selves into starting team at a big club! Nketiah just need to keeps his head down because he has the talent to make it here!

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Hate to bring this up so soon after Danny's injury but is Emery going to trust him enough to start the remaining 2 EL matches? Or is it simply Aubameyang and Lacazette in alternate games?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Hate to bring this up so soon after Danny's injury but is Emery going to trust him enough to start the remaining 2 EL matches? Or is it simply Aubameyang and Lacazette in alternate games?
With Vorskla on the Thursday, Sp**s on Sunday and United on Wednesday under no circumstances should either Auba or Laca be involved in the next EL tie. Perfect chance for Eddie.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
It really should be him, at least for some 60-70 minutes.

Win or lose, we are already qualified. Finishing 1st in EL groups doesn‘t have the same importance as in the CL.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
With Vorskla on the Thursday, Sp**s on Sunday and United on Wednesday under no circumstances should either Auba or Laca be involved in the next EL tie. Perfect chance for Eddie.
Yeah, would be madness otherwise but I'm just wondering if we'll go there with just one striker or he's gonna be tempted to put one of Laca or Auba in the squad.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I would rather stick with Nketiah until the end of the season than buying some kind of attacking version of Elneny during the winter transfer window.
It will also give us an answer if he really is elite youth product that we all expect him to be, and if so, I'm happy to continue with him as a 3rd option rather than investing money over the summer for Welbz replacement.

Stannis

I think people are to quick to forget the defensive work that Welbeck does coming on as a sub. He helps shore up a lot of our games. That's not something Eddie can do or should be expected to do.

Purely as a squad player we dont have anyone comparable to Danny.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I think people are to quick to forget the defensive work that Welbeck does coming on as a sub. He helps shore up a lot of our games. That's not something Eddie can do or should be expected to do.

I watch a lot of Nketiah- he is very good at pressing from the front and physically matching defenders despite his size. He is not a significant downgrade in that area. He's a lot more multifunctional than people realize.

Most forwards don't do defensive job like Welbeck does but if there is another forward who come close to Welbeck team work it is actually Nketiah. :lol::lol:

Impact

Established Member
I understand his natural desire to score goals as a striker and additionally, because opportunities have been so scarce he knows he needs to make the most of any he receives but he has to be careful. His performance yesterday reminded me of Akpom in that he was desperate to get on the scoresheet, that, at times, he would take the wrong decision for the team, be unnecessarily perturbed at not receiving the ball and would snatch at half chances.

He is talented. Emery knows and rates him. He needs to be patient and focus on ensuring his all round performances are solid whenever he leads the line. Goals will come given the type of striker he is.

Last edited:

Swallow

You
I understand his natural desire to score goals as a striker and additionally, because opportunities have been so scarce he knows he needs to make the most of any he receives but he has to be careful. His performance yesterday reminded me of Akpom in that he was desperate to get on the scoresheet that, at times, he would take the wrong decision for the team, be unnecessarily perturbed at not receiving the ball and would snatch at half chances.

He is talented. Emery knows and rates him. He needs to be patient and focus on ensuring his all round performances are solid whenever he leads the line. Goals will come given the type of striker he is.
You took the words straight out of my mouth. He did not play his natural game yesterday. He was trying too hard to impress instead of letting things come to him naturally. Same as Akpom when he and Iwobi broke through. If he is really confident in his abilities, he should play a natural game and get the basics right and his undoubted talents will rise to the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams
Top Bottom