• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah: Better than R9?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
You

You took the words straight out of my mouth. He did not play his natural game yesterday. He was trying too hard to impress instead of letting things come to him naturally. Same as Akpom when he and Iwobi broke through. If he is really confident in his abilities, he should play a natural game and get the basics right and his undoubted talents will rise to the top.
Akpom obviously is not good enough to be a professional footballer though. Good movement and decent game. Not good enough end-product today and some bad decisions. Hopefully he can improve on this.

Great performance yesterday. Nketiah will always try to go for a goal, his finishing wasn't up to his standard yesterday but when it clicks he is scores goals from every angle possible on the football field!

We have a real gem here in our hands!

Plutarch

He didn't play particularly well against Vorskla. His finishing was bad and the other aspects of his game were't that good either. A missed opportunity, I'd say. That's OK, he's still young, but he didn't do anything that's likely to make Emery promote him. Smith-Rowe, Willock, AMN all did better, and so did Medley when he came on.

He didn't play particularly well against Vorskla. His finishing was bad and the other aspects of his game were't that good either. A missed opportunity, I'd say. That's OK, he's still young, but he didn't do anything that's likely to make Emery promote him. Smith-Rowe, Willock, AMN all did better, and so did Medley when he came on.

Have to disagree. He showed great link up and hold up play, a good level of dribbling skills, constantly trying to creating danger in the box and finally he showed energy levels and team work we haven't seen in striker since probably when Adebayor break through season.

Still a lot of room for improvement but it was encouraging first full debut from him!

The finishing was bad but probably the last thing people will have to worry about Nketiah in the long run. The goals will come.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Hard disagree. It was a very good performance, he just didn't score. His dribbling in particular was very strong and he did a good job of bringing others into play in the moments when he wasn't so focused on carving out opportunities for himself. I honestly don't understand how anyone can say he had a bad game but cool :lol:.

Keplaz

I thought he was too selfish yesterday. He sparkled in parts but it felt to me as if he didn't want any other young player to score. He looked upset when Smith-Rowe scored.

Professional football is hard at that age. The balance between playing for the team and standing out isn't easy to find. I think he went too far the other way for me. Not releasing the ball quick enough and trying to hard to do things.

If he plays his natural game the goals will come but this is his first start this season, I think. And he wants to put himself in the manager's mind. But with Welbeck injured he needs to just be patient.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Played very well. His hold up play and link up play surprised me. The opposition were quite physical. He is similar to Lacazette but with more skill and 1v1 he has confidence to dribble. He could do with a loan to Germany.
It was in the Toulon tournament that I realized how comfortable he is dribbling with the ball, as well as parts of last season. I was unsure as to how much of an all-round game he would develop when he first broke into the U23s but he's come on leaps and bounds. I'm more assured with this first start than ever. I'm looking forward to his next start, and I am not worried about his goals as they will come. He has the right mentality for first team football, he's determined and dogged, and willing to kill defenders. He will surprise a lot of people.

nick gould

It was my first time watching Nketiah play a full game. I was impressed with his dribbling but I got the feeling he doesn’t have a powerful shot. Can someone tell us, does he score goals from outside the 18 area. If so then we have a good one in our hands.

It was my first time watching Nketiah play a full game. I was impressed with his dribbling but I got the feeling he doesn’t have a powerful shot. Can someone tell us, does he score goals from outside the 18 area. If so then we have a good one in our hands.

He scores goals from all kind of angles. His shooting is actually very good and he can both place the ball and hit the ball. In terms of shooting and finishing the game against Vorskla was a hick-up, understandable given his limited chances so far and him really wanted to score.

Emery will be pleased with his performance but he will tell him to calm down for next game and hopefully the goals will start flowing in!

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Why does he need to score goals from outside the area?

Also, playing football at 2 degrees means you can't feel your feet. Imagine someone having a powerful shot at -15 when you can't feel your toes at All.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Good game v/s Blackpool.

Glad that Emery took him off. I could see he was getting desperate for a goal.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I'm confident it will come good for Nketiah, he's still so young and its not like he's playing bad, he's doing everything but score. No reason to feel it wont happen for him and as for his size, plenty of strikers have done well without being big & powerful. Our very own Ian Wright springs to mind, he didn't do too bad.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Once this guy starts to feel confident and add goals he will be a beast.
He missed 3 great chances, but it's not like he smashed the ball and hoped for the best or he completely messed his shooting technique, he was aiming for corners and in time when he gets confident he will convert them.
It's also worth mentioning that he regularly takes positions to be in a chance to score which can indicate that his football intelligence and understanding of the role can be quite high, that can make a difference between top quality and average player.
It's absolutely crucial for him to start playing but I'm afraid it won't happen for him here and a loan deal is out of the picture after Welbz injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom