• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah: Dial 30 For Goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Luckily no way Arteta will go into this tough season with those attacking players only.

(If he does, I promise to change my avatar.)

Martinelli is out for a long time & needs time after injury plus is still a youth player.

Ok, if he does you should change it to Nketiah :)

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Ok, if he does you should change it to Nketiah :)

I'm not that big Nketiah fan, I just have my perspective glasses on.

Surely will find something more interesting than his photo.

drippin

Well you're sure it wont happen anyway!

Yep, if Laca goes, he needs to replaced by a proper attacking player.

If not, Arteta thinks in very odd ways, maybe great ways, but for sure I can't have him as avatar then.

(It's a great photo, love to be reminded who is in charge of Arsenal and the positivity around. And the cup...)

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Man bangs goals.

He’s not playing great right now but with a bit of confidence from a goal or two (at PL level) I think he could go on a run of form that would surprise people.
Yeah that’s why I love Eddie. He’s not a flashy players but he clearly knows where the goal is. If he’s willing to play second fiddle at times he’s a perfect #2 striker for where we are as a club. And own youth naturally which you should always fight for to keep at the club.

OSBK

Established Member
Moise Kean scored 2 goals last season. The disrespect Eddie gets on this forum is unbelievable.

Its not disrepect. I see mason greenwood tearing up every game he plays, cant expect me to get excited over a kid who couldnt oust bamford.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Moise Kean scored 2 goals last season. The disrespect Eddie gets on this forum is unbelievable.
As a Dutch fan it’s really weird for me to see. In Holland your own youth is close to holy. It’s the most important part of your club, your artery. They connect your club to your fans, give a club its soul. Should do everything to make them succeed and keep a healthy core of them at your club. I guess too much money in a competition ruins that. It’s all about winning now, can’t wait for a player, can’t make mistakes. Glad to see all our managers play youth. Glad to see English talent make the step overseas more and more.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
As a Dutch fan it’s really weird for me to see. In Holland your own youth is close to holy. It’s the most important part of your club, your artery. They connect your club to your fans, give a club its soul. Should do everything to make them succeed and keep a healthy core of them at your club. I guess too much money in a competition ruins that. It’s all about winning now, can’t wait for a player, can’t make mistakes. Glad to see all our managers play youth. Glad to see English talent make the step overseas more and more.

Agreed and English youth players are finding it much more easier to get minutes abroad. English fans are obsessed with foreign talent and perhaps why the National Team has suffered over the last decade or two.

drippin

Great post. The upside with own youth is also that things like Gnabry won't happen easily.

Take Saka for example. If it was someone from other academies, he would likely have gone to Liverpool or such club.

We really need to give the youth a chance before judging. This guy is England U21 captain ffs, you don't just sell him for cheap before he has had proper chance.

His value can easily skyrocket.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Eddie is alright, I don’t understand the complaints he gets sometimes.

He’s not my kind of striker, I prefer them more powerful and faster - but the stuff he’s good at you just can’t teach. It’s unlikely but I hope he does make it here or atleast continues to contribute whilst he is.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Great post. The upside with own youth is also that things like Gnabry won't happen easily.

Take Saka for example. If it was someone from other academies, he would likely have gone to Liverpool or such club.

We really need to give the youth a chance before judging. This guy is England U21 captain ffs, you don't just sell him for cheap before he has had proper chance.

His value can easily skyrocket.
We should give chance to John Jules, Saka, ESR, Matt Smith....but not Nketiah and Willock.

You can’t give chance to all academy players because some of them are just not good enough. Just pick the best ones and give them a chance. We should give chance to academy players like A.Cole, but not J.Hoyte.

Gnabry was clearly an amazing player. Showed great talent when he was here. I was screaming for him to start, and then later was angered by the decision to sell him.

Last edited:

GDeep™

League is very weak
People talking about loan moves, him not being ready or good enough etc, Arteta is not going along with you is he? Otherwise he would’ve been sold or loaned out by now.

He’ll be rotated here, think Arteta appreciates having a young option who can lead the press high up the pitch like Eddie, leave it all on the pitch etc, he’s good enough to be in this squad for me.

Only criticism I’ll have is that he’s had his chances to score and he hasn’t tucked them away, but that will come, you can see it.

GDeep™

League is very weak
We should give chance to John Jules, Saka, ESR, Matt Smith....but not Nketiah and Willock.

You can’t give chance to all academy players because some of them are just not good enough. Just pick the best ones and give them a chance. We should give chance to academy players like A.Cole, not J.Hoyte.

Gnabry was clearly an amazing player. Showed great talent when he was here. I was screaming for him to start, and then later was angered by the decision to sell him.

I agree with you on some level, but Eddie is doing what Arteta wants with the press and work rate. Gnabry wasn’t really sold either, he forced our hand by saying he won’t sign an extension.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I agree with you on some level, but Eddie is doing what Arteta wants with the press and work rate. Gnabry wasn’t really sold either, he forced our hand by saying he won’t sign an extension.
I never get why Wenger keeps playing walcott, chamberlain, podolski, campbell in front of Gnabry. To me Gnabry was the most technical and have the highest football IQ out of them all.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I never get why Wenger keeps playing walcott, chamberlain, podolski, campbell in front of Gnabry. To me Gnabry was the most technical and have the highest football IQ out of them all.
My memory is terrible but I think it was a simple case of timing, he wasn’t ready for first team here, too young. Had injuries too.

He was 18/19. That’s very young, at 20 he had decided to leave.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Sigh.....

Serge Gnabry had a knee injury that kept him out for well over a year not long after his initial breakthrough. He spent a long time building up his fitness in order to return, and as part of his fitness building, it was decided that he would go on loan given he had missed so much football. The loan to West Brom in and of itself was a mistake in the end but we honestly tried to keep him when he had returned. He decided to leave once Bayern engineered his move to the Bundesliga via Bremen. Gnabry's leaving was not the fault of the club and clear bad luck.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
People talking about loan moves, him not being ready or good enough etc, Arteta is not going along with you is he? Otherwise he would’ve been sold or loaned out by now.

He’ll be rotated here, think Arteta appreciates having a young option who can lead the press high up the pitch like Eddie, leave it all on the pitch etc, he’s good enough to be in this squad for me.

Only criticism I’ll have is that he’s had his chances to score and he hasn’t tucked them away, but that will come, you can see it.
Agree with all of this. His uncharacteristically inconsistent finishing in the last half a season has been a bigger disappointment more than anything else but I don't expect that to remain a problem. I think he definitely gets double figures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says: "With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way".

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom