• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu Gaspar

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Didn’t our contract situation get worse after he came? Considering it was a car crash situation before he came he somehow made it worse.

We have 3/4 players who will leave for free in a few months.
He will be replaced, so yeah it seems the hierarchy wasn't rating.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Just another reason why Arteta cannot go.

Weve went from Wenger to Wenger and Ivan to Ivan, Raul, Sven and Emery, to Emery, Raul, Sven and Vinnie, to Emery, Raul and Vinnie, to Edu coming in to then losing Emery and gaining Arteta to losing Raul and now big Huss is away.

Behind the scenes has been an absolute shambles. That's before we look at the scouting network that was ripped up. The club needs continuity from behind the scenes to front of house.

Scary thing is I think we will see further change behind the scenes. We need to knit a group together and let them grow organically.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Too many changes won't hurt because most of them weren't herw long-term apart from Ivan and wenger. We need someone experienced in this position.

Moah

Arteta, an inexperienced manager, won the FA cup and we're giving him everything? Then thank God Emery choked that Europa League trophy.

scytheavatar

Established Member
That’s why O’Leary wanted to get on the board but certain persons (Raul ) was against him.

Also do not be surprised if Tim Lewis takes over contracts at Arsenal.

Lewis is a lawyer, not a businessman........ he is who you need for digging up the accounts under Raul and seeing if something is wrong. I am not sure he is who you want to be out there negotiating with dodgy thug agents.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

way too much power and responsibility for one man who has no experience on all the things thats expected from him. The whole idea of changing the structure with wenger was when the manager goes, the club can function as normal. We are back to where we were and if Arteta fails which I have strong feeling he will. We will start another rebuild. For now more power to Edu and Kia it seems. Expect more great moves like 4 years for Cedric and Mari type of players

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Arteta, an inexperienced manager, won the FA cup and we're giving him everything? Then thank God Emery choked that Europa League trophy.
Domestic cup is a nothing competition for any serious team or at least the ones that pretend to be that. Would be nice if we could stop using it as something we will judge our manager on after this season is finished.
What is important is the EL win or top 4, any will do. Bonus points for balancing the books and getting rid of the squad deadwood and integrating our best youngsters, but that's something only the best managers are able to do and I don't expect it from Arteta

Malky

Established Member
Actually quite like this, behind the scenes we've been a shambles for years - just look at the mess we get into with contracts. So I like that all the people accountable for that have all been given the boot.

Not sure all the power in the hands of an inexperienced manager in Arteta is the right choice, however.

Keplaz

I think we tried too hard to move away from Arsène and made a lot of bad mistakes. Hired the wrong people and gave power to those who misused it.

I think streamlining bodes well for the future but it requires a certain type of manager. Arteta has the touch of the Arsène about him.

And whilst I think he has it in him to be a success, I don't know if it's too much to put on his shoulders. Edu as well has a much to prove still.

Arsenal are no less of a shambles than we've been since David Dein left. Just a different kind of shambles. Hopefully they can fix this.

Reactions: Kav

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom