• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Considering Transfer Targets: Summer 2022 🛒

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 14,044
  • Views 970,281

If we only make one more signing, which would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
No. I do want it to happen, but not for 50 million. The price we offered is about right.
Stay Down The Undertaker GIF by WWE

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I think our answer for LB (if we dont get Martinez) lies in the Premier League.

For me you sign Cucurella or Zinchenko, one of the 2. They are kind of linked together too.

City are being linked to Cucurella (whats the latest on this?) but if they don't push enough to sign him we should.

If they do sign him, it means Zinchenko is mostly surplus to requirements and we should go for him.

Cucurella won't cost more than what Ajax are demanding for Martinez, and I am sure Zinchenko would be even less (like £35m).
I'll add that you remember White last season. Brighton demanded 50 million pounds, and we paid it. He had 3 years in contract.

Well, Cucurella is one of their best players already, with 4 years in contract. Imagine the sum they ask for him. Staying up is worth a lot of money.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I'll add that you remember White last season. Brighton demanded 50 million pounds, and we paid it. He had 3 years in contract.

Well, Cucurella is one of their best players already, with 4 years in contract. Imagine the sum they ask for him. Staying up is worth a lot of money.
Yes Ben White is English though, that's meant to add a lot of value to a player. So I thought that maybe 40m would secure Cucurella. CBs usually more expensive too, especially one's who suit the modern game.

Man city links will only drive up his price anyway.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Let me guess, he sent you one saying you’re a “clown”? I got that one when I got under his skin 🤣🤣

He definitely had his school tie on whilst sending those messages.

Nah, once he actually apologized for being an ass. The others were when he went full wacko accusing me of making a parody twitter account.

It's what finally drove him over the edge and led to his demise. I've posted a couple of prints of that account a couple of pages back, would love to know who you think that might be.

He started accusing me, than the mods and then finally went of a racial tagent that got him perma'd.

So... you're welcome, I guess?

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I literally don’t care just can’t stand salty fans who pretend like other teams’ signings wouldn’t be good here. Our midfield is weak Bissouma is a good midfielder, end of.

Yeah no matter which way you try and spin it Bissouma/Richarlison would've been signings that fitted a need for us and in the bracket of targets we could realistically get as well.

drippin

Yes Ben White is English though, that's meant to add a lot of value to a player. So I thought that maybe 40m would secure Cucurella. CBs usually more expensive too, especially one's who suit the modern game.

Man city links will only drive up his price anyway.
Yeah HG, but 4 years in contract evens that up very much. 4 years means you have absolutely no need to sell even next year.

He might even be their best player, while they had enough older CB's, so assume they ask 60 million plus, while City hopes they player will kick up some fuzz to drive the price down.

But I can't see Cucurella being a person who will start protesting.

drippin

I literally don’t care just can’t stand salty fans who pretend like other teams’ signings wouldn’t be good here. Our midfield is weak Bissouma is a good midfielder, end of.
Yeah, but now you're indirectly clearly speaking to me after the recent argument. In no way I have said Bissouma would not improve us or that he is bad.

The argument was because it was said that Bissouma would be great Partey alternative. And I said Partey is the more complete player, can do similar stuff as Bissouma and more. Which is also reflected in the transfer fee.

I have also said many times that we can't lose two important midfielders to AFCON. And Bissouma gets UCL, and much better chance to play DMF over those Sp**s players. So he went there, I doubt we had very much interest in his type of player.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Nah, once he actually apologized for being an ass. The others were when he went full wacko accusing me of making a parody twitter account.

It's what finally drove him over the edge and led to his demise. I've posted a couple of prints of that account a couple of pages back, would love to know who you think that might be.

He started accusing me, than the mods and then finally went of a racial tagent that got him perma'd.

So... you're welcome, I guess?

The eventual demise of many A-M hitters 😂😂😂 calling out the mods followed by going full John Terry.

It’s either that or going down the Say-Yes/Al Ustaadh route and disappearing when the pressure gets to them.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
He's not actually that reliable from a defensive point of view. From his perspective, he'd be daft to come here to play LB, its clear his best position is through the middle.
Who do you want at LB then?

With the 5 sub rule players like Zinchenko and Martinez will become more valuable players as they can be utilised tactically in different roles based on the state of the game. You wanna make the most of having 5 subs but you dont wanna spend more money on more good squad players. Multi positional players are on the up IMO.

It just takes a tactically flexible manager to enable this, question marks if Arteta would do so.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Who do you want at LB then?

With the 5 sub rule players like Zinchenko and Martinez will become more valuable players as they can be utilised tactically in different roles based on the state of the game. You wanna make the most of having 5 subs but you dont wanna spend more money on more good squad players. Multi positional players are on the up IMO.

It just takes a tactically flexible manager to enable this, question marks if Arteta would do so.
I'd like a natural left back, especially with Tomiyasu on the other side. My number 1 choice was Cucurella. My number 2 is Ait Nouri.

I really like Zinchenko, but i don't think he's leaving City to play back up LB. He'll leave so he can go and play regular football as a CM.

Too much is being made of the 5 sub rule imo. Generally, managers won't even use 4, most will just use them to waste time late on.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Seems this is turning into the exact type of transfer window I expected after bottling fourth place. We’ve likely had to seriously adjust our list of targets because we can’t offer Champions League football. And we’re still losing out on our actual targets as we speak. We’ve also spent a lot of funds on a player that won’t improve our starting eleven in any way. Jesus for Laca is an improvement but if that’s the only position we manage to upgrade we’re in for another rough season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.
Top Bottom