• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Release Clause Targets: January 2022

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 3,770
  • Views 287,582

Which CF would you sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Toney so far looking like a bit of a hype job no? He will probably come good but Brentford have scored a good amount of goals as a team and he only has 2 this season in the PL. Quite disappointing imo.

That was a mistake, meant to type Welbeck.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Frenkie de jong yeah but Renato Sanchez lmao no, he would jump at the opportunity to join us
Honestly, don't get me wrong, I think everyone has got me confused, I would love those guys to join us, even Sterling from City but I can't see them joining us over clubs like Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City etc. unfortunately.

Riou

That was a mistake, meant to type Welbeck.

Speaking of old Arsenal players...Walcott would like to see Ramsey back at The Emirates.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Honestly, don't get me wrong, I think everyone has got me confused, I would love those guys to join us, even Sterling from City but I can't see them joining us over clubs like Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City etc. unfortunately.
If we get back into the Champions League then you're looking at probably only 6 or 7 clubs that are both more attractive to players and able to outbid is financially. It's an outside chance only this season though, in which case we are shopping for a different bracket of player. It's actually a big opportunity this year with Real & Barca in such a mess.

Malky

Established Member
People would turn down De Jong because of Patino?
Patino is incredibly highly rated, but he's just turned 18 and still has some development ahead of him, plus he's shown nothing at this level yet. De Jong, on the other hand, walks into our midfield and instantly takes it up a few levels! Partey/De Jong/ESR is a title challenging midfield.
For me (if we get CL football) Partey, De Jong, ESR, Ødegaard, Lokonga, Patino, & AMN is quality and depth in midfield that most clubs in world football would envy.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
People would turn down De Jong because of Patino?
Patino is incredibly highly rated, but he's just turned 18 and still has some development ahead of him, plus he's shown nothing at this level yet. De Jong, on the other hand, walks into our midfield and instantly takes it up a few levels! Partey/De Jong/ESR is a title challenging midfield.
For me (if we get CL football) Partey, De Jong, ESR, Ødegaard, Lokonga, Patino, & AMN is quality and depth in midfield that most clubs in world football would envy.

Its all wishlist stuff isn't it? But I think it's something the club would consider. You don't want a situation like with Pepe, where you make a marquee signing then a few months later you realise you have a guy in the academy coming through the ranks that takes their place in the team.

Also, as this is all hypothetical wish list stuff, if we do find ourselves in a position where we can spend big on a CM, Bellingham is the one for me.

Barry

Its all wishlist stuff isn't it? But I think it's something the club would consider. You don't want a situation like with Pepe, where you make a marquee signing then a few months later you realise you have a guy in the academy coming through the ranks that takes their place in the team.

Also, as this is all hypothetical wish list stuff, if we do find ourselves in a position where we can spend big on a CM, Bellingham is the one for me.
I've heard the hype but haven't seen much of Bellingham outside of a few quiet England performances that he's had. I dunno though... He's so young and while I'm sure he'll be a star, I'm not sure he's what we need right now. Would rather we go for the 21-25 age bracket of the England midfielders, Declan Rice & Conor Gallagher both catch the eye (and both are probably equally impossible to sign), or Phillips who is a brilliant ball winner and under-rated passer as well. Those three have all had more than 6000 senior minutes and are ready to make an impact immediately.

Agree with your original point about the similarities between Patino & De Jong though. Don't think it would put me off the signing though, if Patino's good enough, he'll make it eventually.

Edit - just checked and Bellingham isn't far behind on minutes either. Think he's still very young, but maybe I just haven't seen enough of his game.

Riou

Whatever happens, hope we don't end up with that bum Van De Beek from United.

Connection to Bergkamp or not, don't want their leftovers.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I've heard the hype but haven't seen much of Bellingham outside of a few quiet England performances that he's had. I dunno though... He's so young and while I'm sure he'll be a star, I'm not sure he's what we need right now. Would rather we go for the 21-25 age bracket of the England midfielders, Declan Rice & Conor Gallagher both catch the eye (and both are probably equally impossible to sign), or Phillips who is a brilliant ball winner and under-rated passer as well. Those three have all had more than 6000 senior minutes and are ready to make an impact immediately.

Agree with your original point about the similarities between Patino & De Jong though. Don't think it would put me off the signing though, if Patino's good enough, he'll make it eventually.

Edit - just checked and Bellingham isn't far behind on minutes either. Think he's still very young, but maybe I just haven't seen enough of his game.

I don’t get this with young players. Perfect example was this summer when I wanted Olise and people said he was too young despite him almost matching Buendia’s assist total. If you’re good enough you’re old enough imo.

Jude was class in the Championship and he’s dominated Man City in the Champions League. I think he’s better than Phillips right now who imo isn’t a major step up from Xhaka tbh.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Bellingham is one of the few Bumdesliga exceptions, he's legit. Would be a dream signing tbh. If we could get him next summer I'd be happy with being our only major signing he's that good.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Bellingham is one of the few Bumdesliga exceptions, he's legit. Would be a dream signing tbh. If we could get him next summer I'd be happy with being our only major signing he's that good.

Yeah the Bundesliga tax doesn’t apply to Bayern players, Haaland and Bellingham.

That’s it imo. Anyone else is a major gamble.

Riou

Feel Bellingham is already out of our reach sadly, we needed to get him before he went to Dortmund.

Could be worse, least we didn't get Brandt...I know Ramsdale proved me wrong, certain Julian wouldn't.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Feel Bellingham is already out of our reach sadly, we needed to get him before he went to Dortmund.

Could be worse, least we didn't get Brandt...I know Ramsdale proved me wrong, certain Julian wouldn't.

Tony Adams said Edu f*cked the Bellingham deal up when he went to Dortmund fwiw 👀

Riou

Tony Adams said Edu f*cked the Bellingham deal up when he went to Dortmund fwiw 👀

Could have done, wouldn't be shocked if he picked Dortmund over us at that point though.

Great player, but unsure how reliable Tony is...

Pre match v Sp**s... "Why did we sign White, Holding is just as good"

Post match v Sp**s... "Ben White worth every penny"

...was my recent fav :lol:

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Yeah the Bundesliga tax doesn’t apply to Bayern players, Haaland and Bellingham.

That’s it imo. Anyone else is a major gamble.

Dude, you crazy as hell!

Bundesliga is teeming with talent.

Wirtz, Schick, Reyna, Nico Schlotterbeck, Baku, Lacroix, Szoboszlai, Nkunku, Olmo, Gvardiol, J. Frimpong, Demirbay, Diaby, Burkhardt.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Dude, you crazy as hell!

Bundesliga is teeming with talent.

Wirtz, Schick, Reyna, Nico Schlotterbeck, Baku, Lacroix, Szoboszlai, Nkunku, Olmo, Gvardiol, J. Frimpong, Demirbay, Diaby, Burkhardt.

Yeah not saying none of those names will bang but the only cast iron guarantees are the ones I mentioned.

We could buy any one of them and they could flop. Like it wouldn’t be a shock.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Yeah not saying none of those names will bang but the only cast iron guarantees are the ones I mentioned.

We could buy any one of them and they could flop. Like it wouldn’t be a shock.

Couldn’t one say the same about any of the top 5 leagues aside from each of the divisions very elite players though?

Barry

I don’t get this with young players. Perfect example was this summer when I wanted Olise and people said he was too young despite him almost matching Buendia’s assist total. If you’re good enough you’re old enough imo.

Jude was class in the Championship and he’s dominated Man City in the Champions League. I think he’s better than Phillips right now who imo isn’t a major step up from Xhaka tbh.
Yeah, I totally respect that view. But from what I've seen of them in a small sample size for England, Phillips is currently ahead by some margin but I'm sure that won't last forever. He's also a known quantity in the PL which we've seen with Jadon Sancho and Kai Havertz is worthwhile for immediate impact, especially if you're paying big.

Olise did well but Buendia was streets ahead last season and still a young player. Experience is less of an issue for forward players anyway - you get more great forwards breaking out at younger ages. How many top class midfielders are there playing in the Top 20 sides at 18/19? Very few - which to my mind means that Bellingham is likely to be sensational when he develops, but may struggle to be amongst the best for a few years. With our (very young) squad, I just don't think signing a hugely expensive 18 year old midfielder is the best move now.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, I totally respect that view. But from what I've seen of them in a small sample size for England, Phillips is currently ahead by some margin but I'm sure that won't last forever. He's also a known quantity in the PL which we've seen with Jadon Sancho and Kai Havertz is worthwhile for immediate impact, especially if you're paying big.

Olise did well but Buendia was streets ahead last season and still a young player. Experience is less of an issue for forward players anyway - you get more great forwards breaking out at younger ages. How many top class midfielders are there playing in the Top 20 sides at 18/19? Very few - which to my mind means that Bellingham is likely to be sensational when he develops, but may struggle to be amongst the best for a few years. With our (very young) squad, I just don't think signing a hugely expensive 18 year old midfielder is the best move now.

I don’t know how much Championship you watched last year but he genuinely wasn’t streets ahead.

Olise was the best player on a relegation quality side that kept them top 6 for most of the season and racked up Buendia level of assists.

Phillips for me benefits from Bielsa’s system where the midfield always presses to create space and passing lanes for him. I don’t see what he does that Xhaka can’t do.

Bellingham I honestly believe is at that level already. His Champions League displays have been quality and he has passing plus an elite motor.

As much as I like Rice there’s a ceiling that Bellingham has that very few midfielders in world football have. I’ve not seen many talents in the Championship as good as him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom