• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Release Clause Targets: January 2022

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 3,770
  • Views 288,477

Which CF would you sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Just watched this

He seems deceptively strong and an absolute menace to play against a bit like Vardy too.

A Lopes, Dubois, Denayer, Gusto, J. Boateng, Guimaraes, Paqueta, Aouar, Cherki, Shaqiri, Dembele.

A lot of good talent there. How is Lyon struggling soo badly? I don’t get it.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Here's a more thorough look at it. Added in Schick as well. And Laca as reference for what we've got today. Went for some combination of that crab stats dude on twitter's categories and ones I personally felt were interesting.

Outstanding! I don't have anything intelligent to say on this though, feel like it's mostly gut instinct on strikers at the moment.

benjamin86

Established Member
A Lopes, Dubois, Denayer, Gusto, J. Boateng, Guimaraes, Paqueta, Aouar, Cherki, Shaqiri, Dembele.

A lot of good talent there. How is Lyon struggling soo badly? I don’t get it.
I can only guess that maybe it's a similar issue to MUFC in that they're playing like a bunch of individuals and not a team?
(looking at the table they've drawn a lot of games so I guess it could just be narrow margins?)

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Edu delivered last summer, to be fair to him...but imagine how much better he is gonna be now, when he isn't 95% distracted by BBQ season!?

Reckon Mbappe will be playing for THE Arsenal. before this window is over :drool:

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Here's a more thorough look at it. Added in Schick as well. And Laca as reference for what we've got today. Went for some combination of that crab stats dude on twitter's categories and ones I personally felt were interesting.

Now if we'd combine that with the tactics those teams play we'd get a neat picture of who Arsenal should target, but I ain't getting paid to do that.

benjamin86

Established Member
Now if we'd combine that with the tactics those teams play we'd get a neat picture of who Arsenal should target, but I ain't getting paid to do that.
If Aubameyang, Lacazette and Nketiah all leave this year we might be needing to sign 2 strikers/forwards? And then I'm thinking we should sign a proper number 9 and a false number 9/number 10 type player.

Gn1212

Is there any doubt David is Laca's little brother?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Zakaria available for 6m in January apparently.
I kinda hope not, not really crazy about him but so far recently our recruitment has been pretty good so maybe they're seeing something. That said, I'm not that into the idea.

Hopefully it's Boubacar Kamara, who also is available on a free this Summer - he's more what we need IMO. If we're gonna get a player similar to Zakaria, I think we could do a bit better or at least be more creative there.

Tom349

Fair enough but I think Lacazettes lack of goals if overblown. Only 8 players scored more league goals than Laca's 13 last season and he started a lot less games than all of those above him.

I actually think 19 league goals is a lot, I shake my head when I see talk about finding a 20+ league goal a season striker as finding that kind of player is highly unlikely. The only ones who do that regularly are Kane, Aguero and Salah and all take penalties regularly.

Only 2 players got more than 19 goals last season
Only 4 players in 2019-20, 2018-19, 2017-18
Only 5 players in 2016-17
Only 3 players in 2015-16, 2014-15, 2013-14, 2012-2013, 2011-2012

19 goals of any description would put you in the top 6 scorers in the league for the last 10 seasons, 19 open play goals and a few penalties would see you getting the golden boot most years.

Good post. Don't disagree with any of it.

Issue is the level of striker we are accustomed to and ideally need is the 20+ league goal scorer. The player we buy to replace Lacazette needs to be an upgrade not the same level, although I think the likelihood of that happening is incredibly low as far as goal scoring ability goes. Where we will likely be able to find considerable improvement is finding someone with better link up and athleticism.

Speaks for a lack of quality forwards getting around at the moment.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Good post. Don't disagree with any of it.

Issue is the level of striker we are accustomed to and ideally need is the 20+ league goal scorer. The player we buy to replace Lacazette needs to be an upgrade not the same level, although I think the likelihood of that happening is incredibly low as far as goal scoring ability goes. Where we will likely be able to find considerable improvement is finding someone with better link up and athleticism.

Speaks for a lack of quality forwards getting around at the moment.
Yes I agree, I think the options out there right now look really poor. Looking at the market I would bite your hand off for a 6-7 year younger, bit more athletic version of Lacazette, my worry is we are going to actually downgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If he sent an apology it must have been by horse

Arsène Wenger on apology from Ferguson

Latest posts

Top Bottom