• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Relentless Transfer Targets: January 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 7,563
  • Views 516,573
Status
Not open for further replies.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Couldn’t put my head around it initially who Zubimendi reminds me of but I think @MutableEarth nailed it with the Illarramendi comparison. Has a lot of similarities to him when he broke out years back.

Ngl I would prefer Caicedo over him as he’s already acclimatised to the PL and wouldn’t require a period of adjustment similar to Fabio Vieira. We need players that will hit the ground running immediately and help us with our title charge.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Based on this comp yh I wouldn’t say he’s an 80m player. He’s very good at tackling and tracking down opponents but doesn’t look amazing on the ball.

We are very desperate though and for a guy who just turned 21 the level he’s showing is very impressive. When Kante was 21 he was playing in Ligue 2.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I’ve watched a lot of these vs compilations now and I remain unmoved by him. It’s hard to judge because he is only 21 so there is scope to improve but for 80m, I’d expect a more polished player.

A few things I noticed:

I get Partey can also be sloppy but Caicedo seems to put his team in trouble a fair bit with a sloppy back pass. His passing in general look mediocre, and for us, a passing team, we need exceptional players on the ball.

He’s quick in the tackle but not especially quick on and off the ball. He’s often chasing back and going to ground with a recovery tackle. How often do you see Partey and Xhaka doing that? You don’t really because they position themselves well.

He doesn’t seem to have that much ability on the ball. You see Partey and he has some body feints, a burst of acceleration to make him lose a man and progress the ball. Caicedo seems to just keep it simple, win the ball and gives it to someone else to progress the ball.

He looks decent but doesn’t really seem to excel in anything. For the fee quoted, I’m not seeing it.

But then, Brighton fans seem to rave about him And see him on a weekly basis, so what do I know.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Yeah will have it on laptop while I got my Eagles on the 55inch 4K UHD OLED 3D CURVED LG SAMSUNG BLUE RAY TV.
flying sting ray GIF

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Much more like it imo, especially if we are talking Rice in the summer too. They’d compliment each other really well.

Good release clause too, not much to not like here.

The only reason I can see is going Caicedo is to really free up Zinchenko?

I think Caicedo can play 8 & 6, so if we lose one of Xhaka or Partey he can fill in nicely for either, prem proven and his work-rate off the ball is what Arteta likes, he'd be a nightmare for the opposition when pressing.

Zubi has apparently told us he doesn't want to leave this window.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I think Caicedo can play 8 & 6, so if we lose one of Xhaka or Partey he can fill in nicely for either, prem proven and his work-rate off the ball is what Arteta likes, he'd be a nightmare for the opposition when pressing.

Zubi has apparently told us he doesn't want to leave this window.
I’d rather wait for Zubi.

As we transition in a season or two. Zubi, Rice Ødegaard is such a well balanced midfield.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I’d rather wait for Zubi.

As we transition in a season or two. Zubi, Rice Ødegaard is such a well balanced midfield.

We can't wait though, we need a ready to go midfielder now. This is why we're bidding loads for Caicedo because we have a league to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom