• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Relentless Transfer Targets: January 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 7,563
  • Views 515,668
Status
Not open for further replies.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

If it weren't for injury and Bielsa being a nutter he'd have been benched by Nketiah in the Championship ffs.

Those injuries pretty much killed him too though. His first season in the PL which is mainly what I’m going off, he did look quality with 17 goals in the PL.

I’ll admit I wasn’t really familiar with his game before that.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Those injuries pretty much killed him too though. His first season in the PL which is mainly what I’m going off, he did look quality with 17 goals in the PL.

If you are 29 and had one great season. Is that one season your actual level or did you just overachieve that season?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

If you are 29 and had one great season. Is that one season your actual level or did you just overachieve that season?

He’s only been in the PL for 2 seasons and a half though. The first season he scored 17 goals, last season was a complete write off due to his injuries and this first half of the season, has been stop start with injuries again.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He’s only been in the PL for 2 seasons and a half though. The first season he scored 17 goals, last season was a complete write off due to his injuries and this first half of the season, has been stop start with injuries again.
So from Chelsea youth product to reaching the PL at 27 shows where his overall level is. Take that one season out and he has had a mediocre career. We can do so much better even in January

TheGreatWright8

Player:Jesus
He's improved massively over the last couple years. Definitely not available this January though not with Frankfurt in the CL Ro16. About Forest they offered to triple his wages last summer but he rejected them.

He used to be a better Elneny ie ball retention and stamina to play two games a day but was always stronger defensively. Great first touch and vision the latter which has also become more consistent this year. Since last season he's added a lot to his game going forward, you wouldn't have seen him involved in two goals like he did vs Serbia before. He's a lot faster in body and mind than both Elneny and Xhaka, only weakness he still has off games where he's invisible although they come rarely these days.

He did have a 30m-ish release clause 18 months ago, not sure what happened to it. Little doubt he'd have to and would improve again if he came here, fairly certain he would want to he supports Arsenal, first football jersey was an Henry one, goes London for vacation every year etc wouldn't take much to convince him.

Nice

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐

He was awful in the Championship, I watched a couple games because of Bielsa and Nketiah and he was as streaky as they come. He had one very good season in the PL but every single season you have at least one mediocre striker scoring 15+ in England, the likes Watkins Martial Jimenez Murray King Alli etc hit that many.

Dreadful player and not even remotely the standard of Arsenal FC.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

So from Chelsea youth product to reaching the PL at 27 shows where his overall level is. Take that one season out and he has had a mediocre career. We can do so much better even in January

Who’s suggesting I’m keen on getting him in January? I was actually open to us bringing him here as an alternative option rather than Nketiah last summer but so far this season, he’s hasn’t been great and very unreliable when it comes to his injury record which would be my main concern.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

He was awful in the Championship, I watched a couple games because of Bielsa and Nketiah and he was as streaky as they come. He had one very good season in the PL but every single season you have at least one mediocre striker scoring 15+ in England, the likes Watkins Martial Jimenez Murray King Alli etc hit that many.

Dreadful player and not even remotely the standard of Arsenal FC.

Bamford and DCL have both gone down the same route in terms of injuries. Both bagged 17 and 16 PL during the 2020/21 season and haven’t been the same since. Would have been funny had someone splashed out for DCL when Everton wanted 80M.

Raul Jimenez pre injury was actually decent :lol: he had me convinced at a time as he looked like the complete CF. I remember beefing @Trilly and @Oxeki back then saying he was better than Lacazette. Also, Martial is still rated by Utd fans so I think they’ll disagree on that one.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Bamford and DCL have both gone down the same route in terms of injuries. Both bagged 17 and 16 PL during the 2020/21 season and haven’t been the same since. Would have been funny had someone splashed out for DCL when Everton wanted 80M.

Raul Jimenez pre injury was actually decent :lol: he had me convinced at a time as he looked like the complete CF. I remember beefing @Trilly and @Oxeki back then saying he was better than Lacazette. Also, Martial is still rated by Utd fans so I think they’ll disagree on that one.
Nah Jimenez wasn't that good for good teams. Looked decent in Nuno's setup but was trash for Atletico and Benfica, think he wouldn't have been as effective for us either.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Nah Jimenez wasn't that good for good teams. Looked decent in Nuno's setup but was trash for Atletico and Benfica, think he wouldn't have been as effective for us either.

That take was off the back off the season he scored 27 goals for Wolves (17 PL + 10 in Europa) in all comps. Bruhhh I was willing to take anything over Lacazette during those times, I probably would have had Édouard that’s how much I didn’t rate Laca.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
He's improved massively over the last couple years. Definitely not available this January though not with Frankfurt in the CL Ro16. About Forest they offered to triple his wages last summer but he rejected them.

He used to be a better Elneny ie ball retention and stamina to play two games a day but was always stronger defensively. Great first touch and vision the latter which has also become more consistent this year. Since last season he's added a lot to his game going forward, you wouldn't have seen him involved in two goals like he did vs Serbia before. He's a lot faster in body and mind than both Elneny and Xhaka, only weakness he still has off games where he's invisible although they come rarely these days.

He did have a 30m-ish release clause 18 months ago, not sure what happened to it. Little doubt he'd have to and would improve again if he came here, fairly certain he would want to he supports Arsenal, first football jersey was an Henry one, goes London for vacation every year etc wouldn't take much to convince him.
Great insight, thanks 👍

Forest just signed Gustavo Scarpa, MF from Palmeiras. Apparently it's down to us & Newcastle now.

I wonder if this means we're no longer in for Danilo ???

Morning_woody

Pretty sure we won't sign any CF.
We will probably buy a wide player and try to scramble with Marinelli as a 9 until Jesus returns.
This club is cursed

Legend14

Established Member
We will target Mudryk and see if he or Martinelli can create something special down the middle. Hard to find a player that replaces Jesus. His energy gives us an extra player on the pitch. This is simply bad news, but lets see what the manager has in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game

Latest posts

Top Bottom