• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I may sound negative here but please bare with me.

Previous behaviour is the biggest predictor of future behaviour. If Kroenke didn't invest when we fell out of the CL and lost that revenue there's no logical reason to think he'll give a toss about the loss of EL money.

People for whatever reason think Kroenke is motivated by success on field. He's not. People put way too much stock in on field success impacting on the clubs value. From his perspective and with his motivations Kroenke is running the club brilliantly. The clubs value is 22% higher than it was two years ago and pushing 40% higher than when we fell out of the CL. He's not failing, he's succeeding, at what matters to him.

The caveat is the Super League fiasco / fan protests. No Kroenke doesn't care about the fans but he'll probably throw the club a bone this summer just for PR purposes.

All this talk of warchest's and big investments from Kroenke are an exaggeration but they'll probably be plenty of stories like this put out when we've signed a couple of players.

It will be the same as the Partey signing. Talk of Kroenke writing a blank cheque out of his personal money etc. The truth will later come out that the money was leveraged against the club.

Bottom line is, he's never invested in the club and there's zero logical reasons to think he will start now.
There is a point when investment becomes optimal. I'm throwing it out there that now may be the time to do so. The past is a good predictor of the future however are current recent past has never happened.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Sshh... Don't tell this to @HairSprayGooners :lol:

An actual well thought out, well written response as to why Kroenke won't spend. @TimoJens take note.

The only thing we can do is wait and see. On the flip side from what you said @Blood on the Tracks the cheapest option for the Kroenkes in this scenario would actually be to bring in a manager like Sarri.

However they're backing Arteta which requires a lot of cash to get the squad he wants.

But like I said, wait and see. We will know within the first few weeks of the window if they're serious.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Would lose respect for Jack Grealish if he moved to Arsenal tbh.

He doesn’t deserve to waste his best years at a club with no ambition plus he’s being managed by a better manager at Aston Villa in Dean Smith.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
However they're backing Arteta which requires a lot of cash to get the squad he wants.
I'm not sure about that personally. Maybe last summer when Arteta was in a good position but after this season it's not like he can demand much. He can walk but won't get such a big job as his next. There was way more hype around his managerial credentials last summer.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Would lose respect for Jack Grealish if he moved to Arsenal tbh.

He doesn’t deserve to waste his best years at a club with no ambition plus he’s being managed by a better manager at Aston Villa in Dean Smith.

Yet they're below us? Lol.

Surely making a big money move for Grealish is showing ambition?

TimoJens

Formerly known as highbury_2006
We are not really linked to Grealish anyway even if a certain exhibitionist from Chile is trying to say otherwise.

Papa Wonga

Established Member
We all know perfectly what "Owner's are willing to Invest this summer" translates to don't we lads.

Buying 6-7 players, who are average at best, and arteta will start waxing lyricals about how he's been backed in the window and the fans should have faith in the owners blah blah.

Some of the sht we're being linked with is disgusting.

Moussa Dembele
Andersen
Bertrand

What's this, planning for the championship already.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Yet they're below us? Lol.

Surely making a big money move for Grealish is showing ambition?

Above them by 4 points but they’ve got a game in hand. So it could potentially be one point :thumbsup:

Didn’t we get smoked 3-0 by them at the Emirates? Plus we lost to them at Villa Park too.

Arteta hasn’t beaten Aston Villa yet. He’s taken three straight L’s so far.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
This is probably hell for Mitch, he hates Ramsey more than he hates Bellerin :lol:

No, I don't. Although Ramsey was overrated ****e post purple patch.

Our most overrated players
1. Diaby
2. Bellerin
3. Ramsey
4. Song
5. Giroud

But at least I would be proven right in my prediction when Ramsey signed for Juventus that Ramsey woul d be playing for a mid level club within a couple of seasons. I just didn't think we would be that mid level club😭

Last edited:

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
No, I don't. Although Ramsey was overrated ****e post purple patch.

Our most overrated players
1. Diaby
2. Bellerin
3. Ramsey
4. Song
5. Giroud

But at least I would be proven right in my prediction when Ramsey signed for Juventus that Ramsey woul d be playing for a mid level club within a couple of seasons. I just didn't think we would be that mid level club😭

I can bear most of those names being on that list, whilst controversial, there are oppinions either way.

But Diaby ? Come on, Wenger openly talked about him being his biggest regret at some point and multiple players said he was probably the most talented player there is, in his position.
He's simply been killed by that one foul.

Guy looked so damn good back before that happened.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Have to agree with @Mitch Diaby was seriously overrated by our fans. I think the comparisons to Vieira were very lazy from fans.

Another overrated player that I’m surprised wasn’t on the list was Tomáš Rosický. He was decent but not as good as our fans make him out to be. Alex Hleb was far more talented.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal are the most beautiful club in England. At Man City and Chelsea, they will never have that class and style.

Marco van Basten

Latest posts

Top Bottom