• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,523
  • Views 736,983
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

No one knows what this means but it’s provocative. It gets the people going.
I wonder if someone in Edus position ever said the opposite. We will do our best to make the squad weaker. It’s our goal to make the club move in the wrong direction

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

I'm not having anyone have a go at Todd Cantwell, he's currently ripping up the SPL with my local team. :cool:

I think he’s talented personally, not sure why the jokes.

Must be his hair and dance moves maybe (I’ve admittedly not seen him in a while).

Gunner-Union

If we get one of rice or caicedo we should also look to add Tyler Adam’s he was very good till he got hurt and wouldn’t be expensive

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
Xavi Simons is great, but he is right footed like Nelson, Gabi, and Trossard. I will all over for Simons if we don't extend with Nelson. Otherwise, it doesn't make sense ...

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

To catch man city we have to spend well,
Fixed this for you.

City are catchable. We showed that this season. It wasn't City that won the league, we lost it. We fix some areas we'll be better equipped.

Spending big isn't the answer either. It's spending well that counts. Akanji 15m and Alverez 14m. Fabio Vieira 34m.

This season we need to follow the wise words of Sir Sean 'Your best! Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen'. Let's go deliver something big. There are no excuses not to.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Which Orn Bomb would you prefer?
1: Saliba agrees new long term contract with Arsenal
2: Arsenal agree terms with West Ham over Declan Rice transfer

I choose number 1. Simply because Saliba is not replaceable and you can easily find alternatives to Rice...
Second, because I think the first will get done eventually while the second is more up in the air.

lomekian

Essays are my thing

I choose number 1. Simply because Saliba is not replaceable and you can easily find alternatives to Rice...
Obviously - because while Rice is fantastic - for that amount of money in question, you can use it in many different ways, whereas getting a young CB as good as Saliba would cost more than we'd get for him with 12 months left on his contract

BIoodBrother

I would prefer 2 because I'd still believe 1 would happen...
If you're asking which player I'd prefer having solely it's definitely Saliba.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Not so sure about your last point but definitely agree about Saliba. That guy is the priority, he’s probably the most talented/important player in the squad at this point.

CannonBals

Yeah top 4 is not guaranteed for anyone. If Liverpool can have a bad year with a decent squad (albeit light in midfield) and a world class manager then anyone can.

City will be hard to compete with but ideally another season where we are comfortable in the top 4 and maybe a cup is probably the most realistic outcome.

Unless we go really big and do like Rice, Caicedo, Veiga, Oshimen, Tapsoba, Cancelo. That would be like 350m or more. Which isn't going to happen.
Thats basically 400m, and I do agree we need this kind of an outlay and actually the ones mentioned would be my first choice aswell to compete with ManCity on equal footing. But we all know thats not happening. And the problem to that is more to do with our inability to raise money when needed with player sales
ESR, Balogun, Nketieh, Tierney these 4 itself should fetch close to 150m and apart from Nketieh none are on high wages so should be easy to move aswell. Chelsea have been able to move Werner with far higher salary and he is no better than Nketieh.
On top of these we have Sambi / Patino / Xhakha / Mari / Holding
Cedric / Pepe would surely be paid to go, no one is paying for them.

Edu is going to screw us big time on this.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Is he still worth the risk by giving him a big contract due to his back injury?

Can’t imagine his injury is a career ended. He was the best CB in the league last season in his first year as a 21 year old. Insane achievement, deserves parity with Saka/Martinelli.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom