• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,523
  • Views 736,956
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Is Edu struggling to sell players again?

Should be four or five gone already alas here we are, squad stacked with rubbish.

Taurul

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
That's interesting but he have to play. let's see what going to happen if we get offers tho he far behind the picking options.

He still very talented and good player.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I see people mention both Kudus and Simons. Allow me to give my two cents as Ajax supporter and Eredivisie watcher.

Kudus
I've gone a bit cold on him. He's technically excellent, a good dribbler, versatile (can play RW and CM). However, he's a bit of a headless chicken, constantly falling for offside traps and he's missed a few crucial chances that really should've gone in during the second half of the season.

Simons
Really talented player, probably one of the Netherlands' biggest talents at the moment (not that hard). But I see him as an Ødegaard alternative, a '10' rather than a winger and definitely not an '8'. Therefore, I don't really see his place in the squad unless we sell Vieira (wouldn't mind that).

Both probably cost about €40-50m. So bit expensive as rotation players.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I hope our fan stop mention ESR as number 8 option he'll not play there. just put this idea out of your mind i've seen lot of people on twitter saying it.

DuBB

I knew it

It never made any sense. He's too valuable in terms of positional adaptability, age, skill-level and cost to move on.

Why would you sell ESR to replace him essentially with a player of equal skill to take his place in the squad when you already have him? It would only make sense if he wanted the move and pushed for it. He's a pure asset, on and off the pitch.

We've seen over the past 2 seasons the time and effort put into renewing Balogun, Nketiah and Nelson - even if if didn't make sense for us or them - and people thought ESR was going to be sold? Little to no chance.

I feel the same way about people who think Tomiyasu might be being "phased out" or replaced.

A 24 year old (only one year older than Reiss by the way and the same age as Nketiah) who can play RB, CB and LB, who is already nailed on starter for his nation and probably won't push for crazy wages or a lucrative move is not the kind of player you "phase out", even if they're currently going through a spell of being injury prone.

Kuroske

I see people mention both Kudus and Simons. Allow me to give my two cents as Ajax supporter and Eredivisie watcher.

Kudus
I've gone a bit cold on him. He's technically excellent, a good dribbler, versatile (can play RW and CM). However, he's a bit of a headless chicken, constantly falling for offside traps and he's missed a few crucial chances that really should've gone in during the second half of the season.

Simons
Really talented player, probably one of the Netherlands' biggest talents at the moment (not that hard). But I see him as an Ødegaard alternative, a '10' rather than a winger and definitely not an '8'. Therefore, I don't really see his place in the squad unless we sell Vieira (wouldn't mind that).

Both probably cost about €40-50m. So bit expensive as rotation players.

What is your take on Kudus mentality and workrate?

Do not forget they paid 35m for Viera and he is not even a rotation player. Furtermore, Xavi Simons will not allow PSV to play hardball as he will have some kind of clause in his contract just like returning to PSG for cheap.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
With ESR will stay,

Martinelli - Jesus - Saka
Ødegaard - ESR​
Rice - Caicedo​
Gabriel - Saliba - White

If we miss out Rice or Caicedo or both, who can be alternatives ?

Solid setup that, good balance in both attacking and defensive shapes.

Think we are training TP5 to fill the Caicedo role if Moises doesnt come, as we've seen over the last two games and probably what's going on behind the scenes. Also frees up Zinchenko to play higher up as an #8 as more of a tempo setter, like Ødegaard.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Solid setup that, in both attacking and defensive situations.

Think we are training TP5 to fill the Caicedo role if Moises doesnt come, as we've seen over the last two games and probably what's going on behind the scenes. Also frees up Zinchenko to play higher up as an #8 as more of a tempo setter, like Ødegaard.
There is no caicedo role. Ben white has been our rb until last 2 games because of injuries. Caicedo is a DM just like Partey

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
There is no caicedo role. Ben white has been our rb until last 2 games because of injuries. Caicedo is a DM just like Partey

What makes Caicedo such a key player is that he plays in midfield and can play out wide, as already seen at Brighton. He basically inverts just like Zinchenko can, and gives you more defensively.

I think this is the key reason why we have been after him in the past, and hopefully now as well.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
With ESR will stay,

Martinelli - Jesus - Saka
Ødegaard - ESR​
Rice - Caicedo​
Gabriel - Saliba - White

If we miss out Rice or Caicedo or both, who can be alternatives ?

This is the dream, what a team ffs.

Only issue is I think it would probably be Caicedo at LB, or more likely Caicedo coming from the right and maybe Tomi/Kiwior as the LB.

The depth and number of options we’d have back there would be amazing though.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Rice to Bayern
Caicedo to Chelsea
McTominay to Arsenal

jose-mourinho.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould
Top Bottom