• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,523
  • Views 736,485
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Why would both Chelsea and seemingly PSG want Ugarte over Caicedo?

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
When have Chelsea ever acted rationally with players or transfers ? They will jettison Colwill without blinking an eye if it means getting who they want & also preventing a rival (us) getting them.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
I wonder what players we might look at as alternatives if we can't land our primary targets...

Djibril Sow ? Swiss DM at Frankfurt
Amadou Haidara ? Malian DM at RB Leipzig

We were linked with Martin Zubimendi in January

DuBB

We're back boys. At least for this summer.

Get used to not having a clear run at the top players because if they're at the level we think they are, of course other teams will fight us for them.

I'd much rather be in this position (fighting for the Caicedos and Rices) than where we used to be (hoping an unhappy player at a bigger club wants to take a 'step down' for massive wages and an easier path)

Take all news with a grain of salt - most if not all journalists don't know things until they're almost across the finish line.

Be prepared to win some transfer battles and lose some - there are no winners and losers in the window. What we need is what we need, and if another club signs 8 players and we sign 5 it doesn't mean we 'lost'

Understand that everybody involved is doing their best - the Edu bbq jokes are fun, but the way we talk about him is kind of disrespectful since none of us actually know what his day to day job is and more importantly, how it's done. Let that man cook in peace. Literally and figuratively.

I'm probably gonna take a step back from AM for a bit and decrease my posts and visits since most of the transfer window anxiety is self-inflicted by fans. The less you check, the less you fret.

✌️

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction
I wonder what players we might look at as alternatives if we can't land our primary targets...

Djibril Sow ? Swiss DM at Frankfurt
Amadou Haidara ? Malian DM at RB Leipzig

We were linked with Martin Zubimendi in January
These alternatives are too poor. Sorry. Djibril Sow or Haidara are not the same level like Rice or Caicedo.

Zubimendi is not bad. Don't forget Lavia

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Brighton just want to get the best offer. Between Cowil + money and only money. Which is the better offer? 🤔

Liverpool don't have the money for both Mac Allister & Caicedo. Also, like Chelsea, they're not in the CL.

It's between us & the blue menace!!

Bloodbather

Established Member

Ones the much better player tho.
Depends on what you need. Caicedo is the better, more well-rounded player, but if what you need is a defensive workhouse at DM, getting Ugarte for cheaper makes sense. He's not the progressive passer Caicedo is, but he's pretty good at forward dribbles and ball recycling.

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction
Definitely Colwill, he’s quality and the type of player they’d make 80m plus off in the future anyway.
But Caicedo's decision is important? Look at Raphinha, he rejected Chelsea even Chelsea's offer was better than Barcelona
I think in the new contract of Caicedo, there is the clause who allow him to take the decision.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

But Caicedo's decision is important? Look at Raphinha, he rejected Chelsea even Chelsea's offer was better than Barcelona
I think in the new contract of Caicedo, there is the clause who allow him to take the decision.
You’d think people would learn after Mudryk. It doesn’t matter what players say they want. When they get offered life changing money they soon forget about CL football or another better placed club.

Caicedo is off to Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady

Latest posts

Top Bottom