• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,523
  • Views 736,956
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Barca: "We would love for you to play for us Iikay!"

Gundogan: "Would be a dream to put on the Barcelona shirt, do you think you could match my wages at City?"

Barca: "You want us to actually pay you...well this is awkward..."

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction
Barca: "We would love for you to play for us Iikay!"

Gundogan: "Would be a dream to put on the Barcelona shirt, do you think you could match my wages at City?"

Barca: "You want us to actually pay you...well this is awkward..."
Barca want every players but they don't have money

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I expect Gundogan to stay at Man City. He's probably trying to leverage this interest from us / Barca to maximize his contract length / wages at Man City.

Good player though.

Kuroske

At some point of your career, players who earned enough money wants to play in an international city with good food and weather. Manchester cant provide that quality of life. I see him consider Barca if the wage difference is not that huge from what Manchester offers him. Although I can see some Saudi club is willing to splash out 100m per year to sign him.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Thats why I think Rice is fine just because he can play that 8 role and the no.6 role. He could end up being our next no.6 eventually IMO while being a great Xhaka replacement in the medium term. If you sign an advanced no.8 on top of Rice then you are sorted.

Can do:

Partey
Ødegaard Rice

^In big games

Rice
Ødegaard New Number 8

^In home games vs lesser opposition.

What I dont understand is the fact people say Caicedo can play as a number 8. I've seen a few people say it but I dont get how he plays anywhere but the no.6 role in our system if he comes here. In a double pivot he could be the more advanced CM but certainly not a left sided no.8 in a 433. He does not have the flair or end product for that.

Think there’s huge scope for Caicedo to play a Zinchenko type of role for us, but from the right. We’ve seen for Brighton in the last few games him move to right back and not miss a beat.

Having essentially a Rice and Caicedo double pivot when we have the ball is an unreal foundation.

Agree with you that I can’t really see him playing as an 8 in our system, but you never know.

Question is will the club spend 80m on a top level utility player? Highly doubt it.

Sparrahork

2CMs and keep Patino. Im ok with. But it must be 2 big CM like Rice and Caicedo
Ødegaard - Vieira - ESR - Rice - Caicedo - Jorginho - Partey - Patino
If we do get cancelo (it still seems quite a big if), zinny becomes a midfield option as well, mainly as an 8.

Does anyone know how much of an option he would be a 6 or 10? I would think given who we have 6 not necessary but extra depth all the same.

We are clearly going to sign midfielders, who we consider as our Tierney replacement will however be key to so much for us in this window. Is kiwi already considered it? Is Tomi that player but how long is he out for etc. What we do at left back may determine our funds for ricedo or an alternative in midfield.

I am still hopeful Chelsea piss Brighton off over their reluctance to sell colwill that they have to bid substantially higher than us to get him if a standalone deal.

Sparrahork

Think there’s huge scope for Caicedo to play a Zinchenko type of role for us, but from the right. We’ve seen for Brighton in the last few games him move to right back and not miss a beat.

Having essentially a Rice and Caicedo double pivot when we have the ball is an unreal foundation.

Agree with you that I can’t really see him playing as an 8 in our system, but you never know.

Question is will the club spend 80m on a top level utility player? Highly doubt it.
The days when being a utility player was a bad thing are long gone, now it puts the price up.

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
He not wrong Fab destroyed the transfer market vibes. All journalist report the news one time but him repeat the same thing 10 times a day.

That Romano deadline day stream with the 'Heineken hEre wE gO' moments was the most depressing deadline day experience I've ever had

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
2 cms will not be enough
2 is fine, let’s not go overboard here. Assuming Xhaka leaves…

Partey Jorginho
Ødegaard Vieira ESR, even Trossard
2 New CMs

This is fine. I don’t know why people expect Arteta to suddenly rotate and use the squad. Players like Ødegaard will play every game they are available for.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The days when being a utility player was a bad thing are long gone, now it puts the price up.

I agree with you, I’m not sure Arsenal would see it that way though. They obviously want to strengthen with 1 defensive 1 offensive midfielder. That’s Rice and then someone else.

Caicedo would negate the need for any fullback addition imo.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I think it's pretty clear the main CM targets are Rice and Caicedo. That Zubi guy as a fall back option.

If we get Rice and Caicedo I think there's enough versatility there to cover the CM tbh.

SupersoakerArsene

Just get a Rabiot, Tielemans or Gundogan as free agent and splash money on Caicedo & Rice.

Then splash some money on a great right winger like Diaby, Nico Williams or Yeremy Pino and move on to a player on the right with Cancelo, Arnau Martinez or Fresneda.

Get Guerreiro as a free agent and sell Tierney.

Last one: sell Nketiah, get M. Thuram or Toney with a different profile.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

2 is fine, let’s not go overboard here. Assuming Xhaka leaves…

Partey Jorginho
Ødegaard Vieira ESR, even Trossard
2 New CMs

This is fine. I don’t know why people expect Arteta to suddenly rotate and use the squad. Players like Ødegaard will play every game they are available for.
We are in the cl and need a squad to be used properly.

Sparrahork

Just get a Rabiot, Tielemans or Gundogan as free agent and splash money on Caicedo & Rice.

Then splash some money on a great right winger like Diaby, Nico Williams or Yeremy Pino and move on to a player on the right with Cancelo, Arnau Martinez or Fresneda.

Get Guerreiro as a free agent and sell Tierney.

Last one: sell Nketiah, get M. Thuram or Toney with a different profile.
I fear you may be very disappointed with our level of activity this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom