• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,523
  • Views 736,684
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparrahork

We barely rotated when in the EL, a much weaker competition. What makes you think we’ll rotate for the CL 😂
I think tets missed a massive trick last season. Rotate more and show are kids there is a route into the match day squad (and crucially onto the pitch from time to time). Giving more senior fringe players minutes would give new recruits some confidence their route will not be blocked,

I think we all fear for next season that there will continue to be reliance on a core group, those on the outside not having opportunity to build form and challenge the status quo.

The core was 14 last season (first 11 plus Tomi, trossard and jorginho), it needs to be at least 17 or 18 next season.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I think tets missed a massive trick last season. Rotate more and show are kids there is a route into the match day squad (and crucially onto the pitch from time to time). Giving more senior fringe players minutes would give new recruits some confidence their route will not be blocked,

I think we all fear for next season that there will continue to be reliance on a core group, those on the outside not having opportunity to build form and challenge the status quo.

The core was 14 last season (first 11 plus Tomi, trossard and jorginho), it needs to be at least 17 or 18 next season.
Rotation is often a detriment. We were at our best last season when we played a consistent 11.

People need to stop this nonsense of needing 2 teams, 2 players for every position, City are the anomaly. There is all down to the genius of Pep, being able to make players look better than they are, keeping bench players somewhat happy, constantly rebuilding the squad.

We are more like Liverpool, and look at them at their best, playing in the PL and CL, they didn’t rotate Salah, Firmino, Mane, TAA, Robertson, VVD, Fabinho, Henderson, Wijnaldum.

Where both the team and Arteta need to do better is killing games early and then having the ability to sub off Saka, Partey, Jesus, Martinelli etc… around the 60-70 mark rather than the 85th minute.

BIoodBrother

I wonder how this works.
They must have a concrete idea who they want for what position.

So Rice seems to be the Xhaka replacement and a priority.
But Gundogan would be the same position as well and has a contract on the table? Just like that he's the priority?
And Caicedo seems to be in there for the no6 position at first

Surely the complex plan can't be like on this forum:
2 out of the three will suffice...

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I think it's pretty clear the main CM targets are Rice and Caicedo. That Zubi guy as a fall back option.

If we get Rice and Caicedo I think there's enough versatility there to cover the CM tbh.

Disagree, I think it’s Gundogan and Rice tbh if we go by at least the reliable reporters. Nothing has been said about us going back in for Caicedo, feels agent talk. We’ll see.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Turin Media linking us with Antonio Sanabria Torino CF scored 12 goals this season.

unsure we looking for these kind of players even if backup CF.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Disagree, I think it’s Gundogan and Rice tbh if we go by at least the reliable reporters. Nothing has been said about us going back in for Caicedo, feels agent talk. We’ll see.

I think Gundogan is by far the least likely out of the 3.

I don't see him leaving Man City if he stays in England.

I think he's using our interest in him for leverage with Man City.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐

bye Trusty the process

Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Turin Media linking us with Antonio Sanabria Torino CF scored 12 goals this season.

unsure we looking for these kind of players even if backup CF.
We were very close to signing him from Barcelona 10+ years ago

Used to discuss how this underage wonderkid would fare at Arsenal now we're discussing how the same cab driving journeyman would do. Ngl a little depressing

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
We were very close to signing him from Barcelona 10+ years ago

Used to discuss how this underage wonderkid would fare at Arsenal now we're discussing how the same cab driving journeyman would do. Ngl a little depressing

Not as depressing as your talent ID my guy.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
My local team Rangers have been heavily linked with him, but I can't see us having that sort of budget that I would expect Trusty to go for. Unless it was a loan with obligation, but even then would be difficult.
there were talks early May that Rangers preparing to bid 2M for him but gone quite since then. we'll likely demand like 5M after positive season he had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom