• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malky

Established Member
Ruthless... hands new deals to chambers and Elneny of all people... looking a signing a 31 year old fullback. Can already feel like this summer will be a massive disappointment for anyone thinking we’re getting Grealish and Camavinga

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Any news?

South Korea Cars GIF by Namaste Car

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Interesting.

The Cedric thing is really weird. He performed to a decent level earlier in the season but it seems he's been completely frozen out.

Chambers part super weird.
Finally a chance to refresh all the question marks. Guy's not good enough, and we should be looking to buy a top RB and then get youngsters to back it up.

pikey2000

Ruthless... hands new deals to chambers and Elneny of all people... looking a signing a 31 year old fullback. Can already feel like this summer will be a massive disappointment for anyone thinking we’re getting Grealish and Camavinga
The thing is we don't have endless funds to spend, so you have to do deals like Chambers extension and possibly free transfer at full-back in order to spend on other positions, we can't just bang 30m-50m on every position we need to improve on, we've never been that type of club and even less so now without European football and covid having had an impact.

I think it's sensible to sign Chambers up to an extension, get Bertrand as a backup to Tierney if poss, then bring back Saliba, and the defense whilst not being world class is covered.

Then you can offload the likes of Torreira, Geundouzi, one of AMN or Willock, Mavropanos, Kolasinac, Lacazette, Nketieh and that's your £60-70m to go and get a couple of players actually make us better, Bissouma/Buendia/Aouar etc etc.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
The thing is we don't have endless funds to spend, so you have to do deals like Chambers extension and possibly free transfer at full-back in order to spend on other positions, we can't just bang 30m-50m on every position we need to improve on, we've never been that type of club and even less so now without European football and covid having had an impact.

I think it's sensible to sign Chambers up to an extension, get Bertrand as a backup to Tierney if poss, then bring back Saliba, and the defense whilst not being world class is covered.

Then you can offload the likes of Torreira, Geundouzi, one of AMN or Willock, Mavropanos, Kolasinac, Lacazette, Nketieh and that's your £60-70m to go and get a couple of players actually make us better, Bissouma/Buendia/Aouar etc etc.

But we already have Cedric, we gave him a 4 year deal, so what do we need Chambers for?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Chambers as RCB/RB backup is cool. We could do with homegrown players in all honesty. Cedric he's our best right back technically, but I'd rather keep Chambers.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Doig seems an excellent talent
Anyone thinking we're getting Grealish and Camavinga are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Elneny as squad player i don't mind we are short in midfield even if we signed 2 midfielders we'll be still not big number wise if you consider we selling both willock and Guendouzi . Chambers is not needed we have too many players at the back and could use funds from selling. him. Luiz shouldn't be extended we saw the amount of times he getting injured.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If Bissouma, Bertrand, Berge and Ødegaard are our main signings I'd struggle to get behind anything the club want to do next season. Don't think Ødegaard is what we need now. Bissouma is good but Berge isn't needed. Those four would cost us around £110-120M as well which is obnoxious for the quality you're getting.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Chambers as RCB/RB backup is cool. We could do with homegrown players in all honesty. Cedric he's our best right back technically, but I'd rather keep Chambers.

Cedric is back-up RB, Holding (who we just gave a new deal to) should be back-up RCB. We can't just have players here on big wages for no reason. I like Chambers, I'd prefer him as back-up RB to Cedric 100%, but what purpose is he actually serving.

Everyone says they want a clear out and then they think up excuses to keep fringe players.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I prefer Chambers out of the 3 right backs but he's also probably most likely that we'd get any cash for so seems a strange decision to extend him. Given Bellerin is on high wages, I can't see us getting decent money for him and we're stuck with Cedric till the end of his deal barring a buy out.

Iceman10

Established Member
I prefer Chambers out of the 3 right backs but he's also probably most likely that we'd get any cash for so seems a strange decision to extend him. Given Bellerin is on high wages, I can't see us getting decent money for him and we're stuck with Cedric till the end of his deal barring a buy out.
It could be linked with Luiz leaving, if that is what is happening. Chambers would then be sort of fifth choice CB and maybe a utility man, probably as we sell AMN also. Not sure what is going on with Cedric.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom