• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Didn't we sort of conclude that Chambers isn't physical enough to be a CB? Like he's a decent player, i'm sure he's a good lad to have around, but he's been here since 2014 and people are still unsure what his position should be. And most importantly, the club gave Cedric a contract! They made their bed. Just sell him to Crystal Palace for 10m or so and wish him luck.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
It could be linked with Luiz leaving, if that is what is happening. Chambers would then be sort of fifth choice CB and maybe a utility man, probably as we sell AMN also. Not sure what is going on with Cedric.
Yeah that would make more sense but then I've read things saying Luiz is happy and wants a new deal. Early days yet I guess, a lot of speculation flying around.

Iceman10

Established Member
Didn't we sort of conclude that Chambers isn't physical enough to be a CB? Like he's a decent player, i'm sure he's a good lad to have around, but he's been here since 2014 and people are still unsure what his position should be. And most importantly, the club gave Cedric a contract! They made their bed. Just sell him to Crystal Palace for 10m or so and wish him luck.
I would sell him, this all looks similar to when it was decided to keep Holdkng at the last minute last summer, but there could be HG considerations with squad registration also. This is also weird because Cedric only recently made it back into the Portugal squad, although who knows, that could also make Cedric marketable if Arteta has given up on him for whatever reason.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Chambers is worth keeping just for the HG status tbh. Feels like the club could sign Grealish or Sancho tomorrow and fans would still moan.

Getting real boring with the constant negativity everywhere.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I'd open to sell his contract end next year we have many players in center back position. Neither holding Mari are leaving Saliba is going to be with first team too. Our squad players need to use thier head too Chambers is 26 years does he want to be squad player forever?

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Interesting.

The Cedric thing is really weird. He performed to a decent level earlier in the season but it seems he's been completely frozen out.

Why are we giving Chambers a new deal? We're probably moving Hector on and bringing a new starting RB, plus we have Cedric stuck in the fridge somewhere around London Colney.

Nothing against the player per se, but we need to be able to move players on ffs. He had a few games, played well and now has a good price to be sold \.

Why have we created this habit of keeping players that have one foot out the door? Holding, Elneny, Mustafi before we cancelled his contract, likely Luiz and Lacazette.

If you love something, set it free, Mik.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
With the way we play a starting level RB is a necessity in my view with Hector likely leaving.

Chambers and Cedric are both back up level RB's. Can't be going into the season with them both still here. Move on the one who'll bring in the most money / has the most interest.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Cedric will be moved out. He hasn't played at all recently despite being fit. The club probably see Chambers as a similar option but Chambers is homegrown.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Cedric will be moved out. He hasn't played at all recently despite being fit. The club probably see Chambers as a similar option but Chambers is homegrown.

Cedric won't be moved out, because no one would take him. Chambers should be moved out, cos someone might potentially take him. It's pretty simple.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I don't know what happened with Cedric, something strange went on there. He came into the side, had a decent run and looked OK, not brilliant but OK and then suddenly from nowhere Xhaka and Chambers are being preferred to him.

Anyway I agree with majority, sign a new starting right back and keep one of Chambers or Cedric as backup. I have no real preference which one in all honesty, both aren't good enough to start regularly but both can come in, do a job and not look terrible.

El Duderino

Who's going to pay for Cedric tho? He's on pretty high wages and is on the verge of entering the tail end of his career.

Chambers is overall a more valuable asset to sell. We made our beds with Cedric and Kia, time to lie on it.

The club should really be offering a bigger fee upfront on these signings to keep wages down.

Kola, Cedric and Willian should be major warning signs to what might happen with Ryan Bertrand if we keep doing the same thing over and over.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
When you start thinking about HG places bringing in someone like Bertrand on a free on a two year deal does make sense.

Probably easier to move Chambers on over Cedric and bring in a starting level RB. Bertrand would equal that out HG wise.

El Duderino

Yeah let’s sell all our hg players so we can’t even buy new ones. Great plan there.

Unless papa Stan and joshetactually put money into the club we have to make funds somehow.

What other players do we have that would fetch a reasonable sum with the time left on contract Chambers has?

Hopefully we move Elneny and Runarsson on.

Plus Ceballos won't be here next season, same with Ødegaard. That's 4 non-hg spots freed, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

What does Arsenal mean? It means class. The structure of the Club, everything has a classy feel about it. It isn't always about success, there is more than that and this is what makes it a cut above the rest.

Charlie Nicholas

Latest posts

Top Bottom