• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
If you read my post then you'd see that is absolutely not the case, I'd suggest you go back and read it. Thanks.
Fkin hell lad, its a tongue in cheek comment, yeah I may have misattributed a comment to you that isnt yours.

Tbh Id agree with most of what you have to say about needing balance and the stuff you have to say about needing more technical ability, but I think the balance in your team is still lost with a few of your selections and some just impossible to get like Maddison. Think Pepe is a bit strange in your ideal lineup as while he has pace he rarely seems to use it alongside his requirement to be played in and around the box. And how come ESR isnt in the squad, kid has good technical ability and while he isnt physicially imposing he has good balance and is great at pressuring players and tackling, nevermind his passing and dribbling.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Fkin hell lad, its a tongue in cheek comment, yeah I may have misattributed a comment to you that isnt yours.

Tbh Id agree with most of what you have to say about needing balance and the stuff you have to say about needing more technical ability, but I think the balance in your team is still lost with a few of your selections and some just impossible to get like Maddison. Think Pepe is a bit strange in your ideal lineup as while he has pace he rarely seems to use it alongside his requirement to be played in and around the box. And how come ESR isnt in the squad, kid has good technical ability and while he isnt physicially imposing he has good balance and is great at pressuring players and tackling, nevermind his passing and dribbling.

ESR is in the squad, just not good enough to be a constant starter. Saka, Pepe, Maddison, Martinelli and ESR would rotate between the 3 positions behind the striker. Perfect blend of players and backups.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
ESR is in the squad, just not good enough to be a constant starter. Saka, Pepe, Maddison, Martinelli and ESR would rotate between the 3 positions behind the striker. Perfect blend of players and backups.
Would you not go with Esr because of his consistency as first choice, hes been excellent in almsot every match hes played in, same with Saka despite a small lull towards the end of the season. Those 2 would be my nailed on starters and the rest would get to rotate with them. Whats the realistic alternative to Maddison?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Would you not go with Esr because of his consistency as first choice, hes been excellent in almsot every match hes played in, same with Saka despite a small lull towards the end of the season. Those 2 would be my nailed on starters and the rest would get to rotate with them. Whats the realistic alternative to Maddison?

If ESR can start consistently scoring and assisting from midfield then of course. But I can't see that happening, love the kid, plenty of room to grow, but we can't be relying on him and Saka as first choice starters. Look at Foden at City as a brilliant example, we need another signing in that area. Also if ESR gets injured we're pretty stuffed and back to square one.

Realistic alternatives are guys like Pereira from West Brom, Ødegaard, De Paul, there's a lot of players in that sort of bracket. My number one choice is Grealish, number two is Maddison.

ScotsGooner89

ESR is arguably a better player right now than Saka. I absolutely love the both of them but ESR had a lot more impact in the second half of the season (the only half season he’s ever actually played for us).

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
If ESR can start consistently scoring and assisting from midfield then of course. But I can't see that happening, love the kid, plenty of room to grow, but we can't be relying on him and Saka as first choice starters. Look at Foden at City as a brilliant example, we need another signing in that area. Also if ESR gets injured we're pretty stuffed and back to square one.

Realistic alternatives are guys like Pereira from West Brom, Ødegaard, De Paul, there's a lot of players in that sort of bracket. My number one choice is Grealish, number two is Maddison.
Yeah, whether or not ESR is first choice or not we definitely need at least another player that can do what he does. I do think he'll be scoring and assisting a lot more next season, hell have a nice rest this summer and be coming back fully fit in to a good pre season where the manager sees him as a legitimate option which is a world apart from last season.

Kysus

Bit worrying that we have zero outs/ins so far considering how much needs to be done.
And the only (out) who seems close is a starter.

We gonna end up with a zillion out loans, one loanee comin in and one panic deadline day purchase again, aren't we?

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
They'll move enough players this window. If Sterling moves, that in itself pays for it. Bernardo Silva as well.

Yeah, maybe. Somehow I just don't think he'll go for both & Kane. At any rate, god knows we ain't getting him so I'd rather City than Chelsea or Sp**s or even United.

It's so bloody depressing.

Back to Neves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom