• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Calvert-Lewin would be a great signing if we have the budget.

The sort of forward he is tend to hit their stride and mature a bit later than other types, so his career goal scoring doesn't concern me. Watching him play you can tell all the pieces are starting to come together and he's really starting to understand his game.

He'd be a perfect striker for the way Arteta seems to want to play too.

I'd be lobbing that Ben White money at Everton to be honest. I think he'd probably be gettable for around £60m.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
A few potential AM targets now off the table. Buendia, Ødegaard, De Paul (loose link there). We've been told Maddison is the first target so, lets hope we can get it done otherwise I can see us getting Pereira or someone like that. Which I wouldn't be against by the way.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

A few potential AM targets now off the table. Buendia, Ødegaard, De Paul (loose link there). We've been told Maddison is the first target so, lets hope we can get it done otherwise I can see us getting Pereira or someone like that. Which I wouldn't be against by the way.
Pereira is a wide player. Not a nr 10 we want

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Pereira is a wide player. Not a nr 10 we want

15 games at right wing last season, 2 goals 3 assists.
11 games at AM last season, 5 goals, 2 assists.

He's good across the entire midfield, but unlike Buendia he has experience playing in the 10 and plays better there than he does out wide.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

15 games at right wing last season, 2 goals 3 assists.
11 games at AM last season, 5 goals, 2 assists.

He's good across the entire midfield, but unlike Buendia he has experience playing in the 10 and plays better there than he does out wide.
Are you saying he is better than buendia?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Are you saying he is better than buendia?

Nope, think both are very similar, but for what we want Pereira would work better and he would be cheaper. If we fail to sign Maddison I can see Pereira coming in and being a nice rotation option with ESR/Saka/Pepe in all positions.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
I'm happy we didn't get fooled and spend 40m on Buendia or real madrid forced us and pay over 50m for Odergaard not sure who the targets are now but these 2 not worthy that money.
Whats worth it though for a player, its hard to see us bringing in anyone at a reasonable price that can improve us. We definitely need to add to what we had and without a proper scouting team its hard to see where the unknown gems are going to come from so if we do bring in someone it will probably end with us overpaying... the question is who would you prefer to overspend on.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Maddison’s hip issues really concern me. Hasn’t he only averaged like 31 PL games a season? If you include potentially qualifying for CL or EL down the line he could turn into another injury prone player we sign.

Other than that I’d be all for.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Maddison’s hip issues really concern me. Hasn’t he only averaged like 31 PL games a season? If you include potentially qualifying for CL or EL down the line he could turn into another injury prone player we sign.

Other than that I’d be all for.

42 games in all comps last season, 38 games the season before and 38 the season before that. I think it'll be similar to Tierney if I'm honest. Which is fine as we could rotate him nicely with ESR.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
42 games in all comps last season, 38 games the season before and 38 the season before that. I think it'll be similar to Tierney if I'm honest. Which is fine as we could rotate him nicely with ESR.
That woulda be a whole lot better than Tierney. But if he was to play as much as Tierney, as much as I like Kieran, I would say no to spending 60m+ on someone who we know from the onset won’t stay fit all season.

If someone told me he plays 42 games a season I will take it though of course.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Best Elneny's personification I have seen in my life! He is really gonna to transform us in PL contenders!!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It's the Portuguese manager demanding him to play so high up the pitch? Didn't do much really.

This deal is quite and not was just contact nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane
Top Bottom