• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

It's the Portuguese manager demanding him to play so high up the pitch? Didn't do much really.

This deal is quite and not was just contact nothing else.
He is a slow side passing merchant. We saw with sanches the importance of having legs and athleticism in midfield. No way this turtle could do what sanches did. But his defenders love to call players like sanches and bissouma dumb and neves as intelligent player. And I know exactly why

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

That woulda be a whole lot better than Tierney. But if he was to play as much as Tierney, as much as I like Kieran, I would say no to spending 60m+ on someone who we know from the onset won’t stay fit all season.

If someone told me he plays 42 games a season I will take it though of course.
Yeah he seem to have hip issue and will get worse. If you have to be cautious in advance with your biggest signing and you already have doubt about his robustness, then stay clear

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He is a slow side passing merchant. We saw with sanches the importance of having legs and athleticism in midfield. No way this turtle could do what sanches did. But his defenders love to call players like sanches and bissouma dumb and neves as intelligent player. And I know exactly why
We need more than speed in midfield. Bissouma is quick but he is DM won't offer anything going forward neves is slow but he very good passer specially from deep and his long passes from deep. As for today i don't think we getting Neves or Bissouma

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Swap Aouar for Caquerat and we're eating.

The energy both of them provide is exactly what we’re lacking in midfield.

Both of these players are such obvious signings and they’d improve us drastically that they won’t happen. We always over complicate simple things like ending up with Xhaka instead of Kante.

Rattata

I wouldn't want Maddison for that price. I know a long shot merchant when I see one. He's the english Coutinho. Priorities should be on a central midfielder and rb. Why do we want to invest so much on a ESR backup?

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
We can’t mess this up. The midfield has to be fixed this summer and Neves won’t move us to top 4. A lot of people were crying about Partey’s age, so it’s imperative we get the best out him until he’s finished. Look at what Pogba is doing with France when he has Kante beside him. Now look at him at United when he’s been paired with bums. McTominay, Fred, a finished Matic, Herrera, Feilani. I even forgot Schneilderin. Look at how United have made Pogba look average because they didn’t give him the tools to succeed. This is my preferred choices to partner Partey excluding Lokonga because I think he’s already ours.
1. Camavinga
2. Caqueret
3. Rento Sanches
4. Bissouma
5. Locatelli
6. Sabitzer
7. Aouar( I see him more as a creative LW than an 8)
8. Neves.

Last edited:

TimoJens

Formerly known as highbury_2006
When the **** is Lokonga supposed to sign? It would be nice if we actually could do something this summer.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
He's not a "sideways passing merchant" in the same way that Elneny is if you look at his numbers for Wolves. He's basically Xhaka except his passing is slightly more risky and his passing accuracy at all ranges is slightly less accurate. Xhaka (last season) was incredibly consistent with his passing though so I don't see this as a negative necessarily for a 24 year old Neves. Surprisingly he seems to be putting up slightly better defensive numbers than Xhaka though - still a notch behind Bissouma (who'd be my choice as well) - but you can see the attraction of Neves's all round game.

I've read a lot of comments here about how he's more mobile or more agile than Xhaka. Honestly, I've not noticed this when he's played against us or in the YouTube clips even. He doesn't look like a player with any noticeable pace. I'm not sure how much of an issue that is but let's not pretend he doesn't have this weakness.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He's not a "sideways passing merchant" in the same way that Elneny is if you look at his numbers for Wolves. He's basically Xhaka except his passing is slightly more risky and his passing accuracy at all ranges is slightly less accurate. Xhaka (last season) was incredibly consistent with his passing though so I don't see this as a negative necessarily for a 24 year old Neves. Surprisingly he seems to be putting up slightly better defensive numbers than Xhaka though - still a notch behind Bissouma (who'd be my choice as well) - but you can see the attraction of Neves's all round game.

I've read a lot of comments here about how he's more mobile or more agile than Xhaka. Honestly, I've not noticed this when he's played against us or in the YouTube clips even. He doesn't look like a player with any noticeable pace. I'm not sure how much of an issue that is but let's not pretend he doesn't have this weakness.
yeah this is why I am so against it. he has no recovery pace or quickness in first few steps. There are so many midfielders who can add more to the team than this guy. we need better athletes in he team. He is being preferred to danilos power and sanches legs. Neither are great passers and he is better passer. But even the Portugal manager realise his deficiency cant be covered by being good passer

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
The energy both of them provide is exactly what we’re lacking in midfield.

Both of these players are such obvious signings and they’d improve us drastically that they won’t happen. We always over complicate simple things like ending up with Xhaka instead of Kante.
Renato Sanches...his teamwork and passing game are so bad. And a lot of bad decision making.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
You, Yorch and Kash are literally the same person man. All of you just haven't got a clue. You brought up goal stats from Calvert Lewin's career, yet you can't even take on board that he's only recently started scoring well and finishing well. Its honestly bizarre.
stop gaslighting, propagandaspray

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Nothing's happening @American_Gooner . Can we start laughing at you and Team Batsh!t again now?

Post in thread 'Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer 2021' Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer 2021
It is pretty worrying.

Back up gk
Back up lb
First choice rb
CB
Cm x 2
Am
Cf

I think those are our needs. I don't understand why a back up lb and a back up gk cant be done. They should have been planned well before the window as they were a genuine need. Ryan was on loan so we knew we had to get someone in and Tierney literally had nobody to step into his position last season to the point where we basically got knocked out of Europe.

CB seems to be underway. We seem to live chatter around the club like rumours of Saliba leaving. Organise a loan to someone in the league and end the unnecessary speculation.

If our targets aren't at the euros or copa America, we should be moving on them. Camavinga is sitting at home. If we want him, try and if it doesn't work out we can at least have time to move on.

People like Caqueret. He is also doing nothing. As is Edouard, Bissouma, Adams. I don't get it.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Renato Sanches...his teamwork and passing game are so bad. And a lot of bad decision making.

:lol:

Such terrible points and straight waffle but it doesn’t surprise me coming from you.

You deserve Ceballos with his great teamwork and excellent passing ability.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
One big summer, with not even half the cash it requires nowadays, and we would've had 2-3 more league titles and maybe a CL.

Oh, what could've been during 2006-2015. So many opportunities.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
:lol:

Such terrible points and straight waffle but it doesn’t surprise me coming from you.

You deserve Ceballos with his great teamwork and excellent passing ability.
Your points are ridiculous. If energy and physicality is all it takes to be a football player. Then you just have to find any rugby player or boxer to play football. If passion is all it takes to be a football player, then you can just play a team of die hard Arsenal fans on the pitch. If hard work is all it takes, you do not need talent.

You don’t need Ronaldinho or Messi. The passing of iniesta is not needed as well because all you need to do is hoof the ball to your striker.

If you have no appreciation in football skills, teamwork, passing, decision making, game reading...Go support Tony Pulis, you deserve the most boing football that’s ever played.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think without doubt that Bergkamp is the most talented player to have played for Arsenal in the past 30 years, for as long as I can remember

Liam Brady

Latest posts

Top Bottom