• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

benjamin86

Established Member
Rather Bernardo than Maddison.
An end of the window with us getting Bernardo and Lautaro Martinez would go a long way to repairing what has been an absolute **** show of a summer for us.
Prefer a top-class midfielder to Martinez, give Partey a proper partner with Xhaka and Lokonga able to rotate in.

benjamin86

Established Member
Goals are the problem. Not Xhaka really despite being able to upgrade him.
Having a midfield capable of pressing and winning the ball high up the pitch would create goals. Last season we generally ended up in a low block and winning the ball in our own half meaning we had to work much harder to create anything.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Having a midfield capable of pressing and winning the ball high up the pitch would create goals. Last season we generally ended up in a low block and winning the ball in our own half meaning we had to work much harder to create anything.

I mean I disagree. I don't think switching Xhaka out for someone else just changes the mentality of our pressing game? Bit of a bizarre thing to suggest actually. That's a team thing, we wanted to press last season when we did with or without Xhaka it was great. But it was inconsistent and not everyone was buying into it.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Not signing RB and CM coz we couldn't sell our deadwoods in those positions is kind of understandable but not replacing Ødegaard at CAM and 2nd GK till now is CRIMINAL!!!!
This is the problem with loans. We haven't replaced the 2 loanees for the CAM and 2nd GK positions in this season.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Bernardo is good enough to play anywhere. He'd be perfect for Liverpool, but Pep wouldn't sell there.

He'd also be perfect for either Madrid team.

He looks at Arteta as the guy who cuts the half time oranges. We can't attract him sadly.

benjamin86

Established Member
I mean I disagree. I don't think switching Xhaka out for someone else just changes the mentality of our pressing game? Bit of a bizarre thing to suggest actually. That's a team thing, we wanted to press last season when we did with or without Xhaka it was great. But it was inconsistent and not everyone was buying into it.
Ok to put it another way Partey was our top ball winner last season and ranked outside the top 50 in the division. Our failure to win the ball back hurts us hugely.

Last edited:

Papa Wonga

Established Member
So Edu's on holiday in spain, with like 2-3 weeks of window left? Nice.

Leave the B U M mikel in charge so he gets all the flak.

benjamin86

Established Member
Still think the most important thing was failing against low blocks. Not finishing chances. Then suddenly a bad decision would hit after missing chances and we would lose or draw.
Yeah this is why i wanted Buendia (creator who wins the ball back a lot!) with a ball-winning CM. Bernardo and a ball-winning CM would also probably work just quite a bit more expensive!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Our fanbase are either stupid or love being stupid deals these days all happen via calls or whatsapp messages. We are in 2021 not 1990.

But of course Arsenal fans will think we not doing anything but it's edu fault why you post it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says: "With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way".

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom