• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Maybe the bridge is already burnt yeah, I just like him tbh, he's a mad b*stard with great hair and a winning mentality, as Brendan Rodgers would say: he's a great wee player with lots of character. Football needs player like that, i'd be prepared to suffer through his flaws to get the benefit of his strengths.

I like the way he looks on the pitch also, but yeah, that's not sufficient. :lol:

Goonger

23 goals and 9 assists, machine.

He has a very decent overall game for that modern lone forward role. He's fairly tall, good in the air, pacey, can occupy defenders, can bring others into play, & can obviously finish.

Being in league 1 then the Championship he's use to the physical side to the game & can obviously handle himself with defenders in this country. He's very hungry & ambitious as well. Previously I'd have worried about the step up but watching Bamford & Watkins doing well tells me strikers with good all round skill sets can step up no matter the level.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
He has a very decent overall game for that modern lone forward role. He's fairly tall, good in the air, pacey, can occupy defenders, can bring others into play, & can obviously finish.

Being in league 1 then the Championship he's use to the physical side to the game & can obviously handle himself with defenders in this country. He's very hungry & ambitious as well. Previously I'd have worried about the step up but watching Bamford & Watkins doing well tells me strikers with good all round skill sets can step up no matter the level.
You can look at Grealish, Maddison, Eze, Watkins, I'm sure I'm missing some who've all made the step up no problem in recent seasons. In the position we are in at the moment we can't be turning our nose up at anyone so I'd like to think we are looking at these types of signings because if we don't I'm sure someone else will make the move and within 6 months he'll be outwith our price range.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think playing in the lower leagues helps with the mental side of the game especially. Having that added responsibility to be the difference maker for your team really helps develop these talented players. I don't think Grealish would play with the personality he does today if he didn't spend a few years in the championship for example.

I look at Nelson and think he is a player that's crying out for that type of experience.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan

this is my dream as well

Will gift him to them, though, after them getting relegated.

Schalke always end up with some dodgy money from the state of Nordrhein-Westfalen or Clemens Tönnies and his enslavement based meat factory - but their current wage bill, due transfer payments, loans, etc. while losing out on good sponsorship deals due to Corona and then losing TV money once they're in second flight next season - I can't see them signing someone like Kolasinac.

As I said maybe if we tie a nice ribbon around his neck, put him in a gift box and he plays for way less money.

Reactions: A_G

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

My dream singing for the summer. Also mainly so we can have a catchy player song.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
CF depending on Aubas form and Xhaka upgrade for me are the 2. Xhaka has been doing better due to the Partey effect but a legit baller next to Partey would make us dominant there.

I think Bellerin replacement is more important than a Xhaka replacement. I agree CF for sure, sell Laca (if we get a good offer) & Nketiah who I've given up on.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Will this do?

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown

Latest posts

Top Bottom