• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emery's Loan Targets With An Obligation to Buy But We Want An Option to Buy Hopefully: January 2019

What two players would you prefer we got with the loan/buy shenanigans?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Now that Gazidis has left us, is Ornstein still the unofficial club's mouthpiece? Wasn't his source that bald fraud? Does he still have the same level of access now that Ivan left?

Leeroy1979

If the Benatia for Ramsey swap rumour is true, and then somehow we manage to get both Suarez and Carrasco on loans with option to buy, this would be an unreal January window.
Given our financial situation to get all 3 would have me doing cartwheels!

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Bringing in benatia would allow koscielny to head back to France should an offer be received. I'm all for it as it means we wouldn't be losing out too much if it played out like that.

Leeroy1979

Given that we are supposed to be flush for cash in the summer (and not really broke now just hamstrung by restrictions) and that loans don't count towards our salary limit (from what I have read today and what more informed posters than me are saying on here) surely we can go all in on these loan with an obligation to buy deals...agreeing to pay a bit more in the summer could get us carrasco on a loan deal maybe? Especially if all the rumours of him being a bit of a **** are true. Can't see him knuckling down in China if he doesn't get his own way. Them going for payer makes it seem they are making plans for life after he leaves.

I am reasonably confident we will get Suarez in on a loan to buy deal and I think juve will blink first and send us benatia for Ramsey in Jan. They are the bread and butter we need....carrasco would be some jam on top!

HBL

Established Member
Another goal and assist for Pepe in the first half tonight, what a player. I'd even abandon the idea of signing a winger this window if it means we can get Pepe in the summer, we've got enough in our attack to get top four, it's our defence that will decide if we get it or not.

Delightful assist. Almost at 20 G/A assist contributions in ligue 1 this season.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Another goal and assist for Pepe in the first half tonight, what a player. I'd even abandon the idea of signing a winger this window if it means we can get Pepe in the summer, we've got enough in our attack to get top four, it's our defence that will decide if we get it or not.

Delightful assist. Almost at 20 G/A assist contributions in ligue 1 this season.

He’ll cost too much now. I doubt we’ll be spending £50m on players that have a risk attached. Ideally you want Sven to pick them out two years earlier when you can get them for £25m.

Leeroy1979

Top player. Whoever ends up with him is in for a treat!

Leeroy1979

He’ll cost too much now. I doubt we’ll be spending £50m on players that have a risk attached. Ideally you want Sven to pick them out two years earlier when you can get them for £25m.
I don't think we will spend 50m on him but he's worth it!

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I find it funny that people think he is amazing. Watched him quite a bit this season. He is so frustrating and lazy. He is basically Iwobi with goals and his numbers are making it appear like he is better than he is. Wouldn't go near him.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Now that Gazidis has left us, is Ornstein still the unofficial club's mouthpiece? Wasn't his source that bald fraud? Does he still have the same level of access now that Ivan left?

I'd wager the club knows how the fans regard Ornstein and therefore keep him in the loop.

Ornstein is useful for the club. If they want to confirm a deal without confirming it, Ornstein. They want to throw cold water on the idea of any January signings, Ornstein.

That won't change because Gazidis has left.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Agree. I know there’s an argument for bringing in players now to get top 4 but I don’t think anyone available necessarily guarantees that.

My preference would be to sign no one if the quality’s not right, keep Ramsey till the summer, not bring in more players the wrong side of 30 on big long term contracts and then look again.

I think the club has to take a patient approach and they are, becoming a CL team again overnight might take time. Long term planning essential.

Read Arseblog today and they had this Raul quote which is interesting.

https://arseblog.com/2019/01/is-januarys-short-term-pain-for-longer-term-gain/

I’m not a strong believe of the winter window, normally it’s used for emergency cases when things don’t go the way you planned in the summer window. It doesn’t mean we’re not going to use it, I don’t know yet, it’s early in process. If things things go as planned, the winter window should not be as relevant as the summer window. First we need to know what the needs could be, what opportunities are in the market. We’re not actively looking into that.

HBL

Established Member
Agree. I know there’s an argument for bringing in players now to get top 4 but I don’t think anyone available necessarily guarantees that.

My preference would be to sign no one if the quality’s not right, keep Ramsey till the summer, not bring in more players the wrong side of 30 on big long term contracts and then look again.

I think the club has to take a patient approach and they are, becoming a CL team again overnight might take time. Long term planning essential.

Read Arseblog today and they had this Raul quote which is interesting.

https://arseblog.com/2019/01/is-januarys-short-term-pain-for-longer-term-gain/
Yeah big Raul doesn't seem to be a massive fan of the January transfer window. I think Benatia/Banega would be decent signings and we can afford to have players at that age in those two positions. In attack we should certainly be looking to sign younger players given the age profile of our current attack.

Pepe would be great imo, 13 goals and 7 assists is a brilliant return at this stage in the season. If we could get some sort of agreement in place where we sign him but don't officially sign him until the summer that would be perfect. At the end of the day I'll trust Sven, I mean Pulisic, Dembele and Sancho is a phenomenal hit rate!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Sanllehi also said that Welbeck's injury changed things and they might look to replace him in January

Danny’s been helpful this year, don’t think it’s a coincidence our form faltered after his injury.

Seen as we’re probably losing him in the summer anyway, no harm in replacing him now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I am asked why I stayed at Arsenal so long.. my answer is simple; I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could have earned a lot more elsewhere, but that wouldn't compensate for all the good years at Highbury.

David O'Leary
Top Bottom